Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »
    Oi, reading these threads are driving me insane. Are we getting something? Will it be what people are saying? 0_o Wheres the Therapist when you need him?

We ll know tomorrow.

Please don't spread false information, you don't know that for sure.

I didnt. We found out today we wern't getting any info. We either was or wasn't that s what I meant.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This must be some kind of awesome pack for them to keep quiet this long.

This pack was over 7 months in development, it WILL be awesome.

How do you know it's been in development that long?

So...no one can actually tell me how they know it's been in development for 7 months? ?

GP3 has been explicitely mentionned in October :

But SimGuruSarah was working on future Game Packs even before, like she mentionned here in August.

So if people are saying GPs take 7 months and the tweet didn't mention when work started on GP 3 I guess that could mean no release for up to two months.....right?

No, the 7 months come from the fact Spa Day was released 7 months ago, and there's no evidence SimGuruSarah stopped working on GPs between Spa Day release and her GP3 tweet, so people assume it was this one all along. But perhaps she had a couple of GPs in the baking back in August.

So then you don't actually know how long it takes ....... it's more speculation. I mean has anyone on the team ever come right out and said a GP takes X amount of time?

Actually just after Outdoor retreat released SGSarah said they take about the same time as EPs :) Too long ago to find the tweet though!

And how long do EPs take?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Why were we expecting anything before March..?
    TszwvJw.png
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member

So...no one can actually tell me how they know it's been in development for 7 months? ?

But SimGuruSarah was working on future Game Packs even before, like she mentionned here in August.

So if people are saying GPs take 7 months and the tweet didn't mention when work started on GP 3 I guess that could mean no release for up to two months.....right?

No, the 7 months come from the fact Spa Day was released 7 months ago, and there's no evidence SimGuruSarah stopped working on GPs between Spa Day release and her GP3 tweet, so people assume it was this one all along. But perhaps she had a couple of GPs in the baking back in August.

So then you don't actually know how long it takes ....... it's more speculation. I mean has anyone on the team ever come right out and said a GP takes X amount of time?

Actually just after Outdoor retreat released SGSarah said they take about the same time as EPs :) Too long ago to find the tweet though!

6 months is spent on making and I think a bit longer for planning and coming up with ideas :)
    DrnSimmer wrote: »

Because Spa Day got announced two weeks after patio stuff. This week is 2 weeks after Romantic Garden Stuff.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

6 months is spent on making and I think a bit longer for planning and coming up with ideas :)

Do you have a link to this information? I'd really like to read more about the time frame on these tings.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member

Because Spa Day got announced two weeks after patio stuff. This week is 2 weeks after Romantic Garden Stuff.

Were they within the same month?
    TszwvJw.png
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited February 2016
    Gurus aren't going to tell us jack crap even if they did know something that's the way it works.It's always I can't confirm this or I can't confirm that for all way know the pack isn't coming till the summer .Since when is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a cuss word good grief
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    If not today, I think @Simgurudrake would have said by now. I hope she doesn't pop in soon xD

Or I could have been in meetings until now :) As for the answer no one wants to hear:
    tumblr_ndn5f88TLg1ti1hreo1_500.gif

No for today? Or no for this whole week?

I can confirm that we will not be making an announcement this week.

Can you say the same for next week? this would save us a lot of time....

Good one! :p
    edited February 2016

Were they within the same month?

Yes.

When I say yes I mean SD was announced 2 weeks after a stuffpack in the same month but didn't release till 2 weeks later the following week.
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Gurus aren't going to tell us jack crap even if they did know something that's the way it works.It's always I can't confirm this or I can't confirm that for all way know the pack isn't coming till the summer .Since when is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a cuss word good grief

Atleast she didn't say it isn't coming next week.
  • Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    If not today, I think @Simgurudrake would have said by now. I hope she doesn't pop in soon xD

Or I could have been in meetings until now :) As for the answer no one wants to hear:

Omg noo!! :0
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Omg noo!! :0
    Well, at least we know now that there won't be an official announcement this week. Maybe next week then? :)

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe they are play testing and tweeking it to get it just right.
  • Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    Oh plum it. I'm getting off the train. See ya'll next week!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    Everybody please pray for the victims in the 2016 game pack 3 hype train accident. We don't know yet how many survivors are still left.

Where is that plum LOL button..............
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    Everybody please pray for the victims in the 2016 game pack 3 hype train accident. We don't know yet how many survivors are still left.

I survived and I'll be back next week. :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simnews5 live at 5 PM! Breaking new: The hype train bound for the Game Pack 3 station in Windenburg crashed today. Cause of the accident is unknown at this hour. But investigators believe that an official announcement of there being no announcement this week might be a contributing factor in the accident. We'll bring you more details on the crash in about 5 centuries! :p
    :D Despite them not announcing the pack this week I do still love the Gurus <3
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I hope it's related to restaurants. That was one of my favorite things in Sims 2, especially the social interactions when dining.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They delayed GT, who knows what it would've been like it they didn't. Maybe they're trying again to make sure its not a mess, like GTW.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Be grateful they answered you. I got nothing, and will most likely continue to get nothing on Twitter.
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Be grateful they answered you. I got nothing, and will most likely continue to get nothing on Twitter.

:(
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

:(

Yeah haha. Sorry it seems harsh when I read it back, but with no announcement and no feedback I'm in a bitter mood haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top