Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• t4ylor4nnt4ylor4nn Posts: 10 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    t4ylor4nn wrote: »
    -My sim will not dance if I select the task from the DJ booth. I have to select the dance floor and she is done dancing within seconds??
    -TONS of social interaction tasks pop up on my task sidebar, and I mean TONS. Way past the point where it's supposed to be full. When I pause the game hoping it will catch up, they just keep coming. Her social skills are leveling up insanely fast. She went from level 0 to level 5 in more than one skill in just seconds. Even if I pause the Friend+ icon will still pop up (and A LOT) as if the game is still going.
    -Also when I have her practice DJing, she doesn't even go to the booth. She just stands there. She can walk around and do other tasks but yet it still says she is practicing? Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
    -I downloaded GT last night and my sims have been glitching out since. I often have to debug them and reset them because they get stuck so much. I've even tried repairing the game a few times but it didn't seem to work.

Hello @t4ylor4nn .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

THANK YOU!!! I moved my mods folder like you said and now she is practicing like normal. I will test dancing and social interactions next. I had mods in my folder but they were not on in my game settings..must have been confusing the game.

Hello.
    There may be mods that are broken. Try testing with the cc/mods enabled setting turned on, then test your mods one by one like I posted and try to narrow down which items are causing the issues.

Duly noted, now I know for future reference. Thank you again! :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    -My sim will not dance if I select the task from the DJ booth. I have to select the dance floor and she is done dancing within seconds??
    -TONS of social interaction tasks pop up on my task sidebar, and I mean TONS. Way past the point where it's supposed to be full. When I pause the game hoping it will catch up, they just keep coming. Her social skills are leveling up insanely fast. She went from level 0 to level 5 in more than one skill in just seconds. Even if I pause the Friend+ icon will still pop up (and A LOT) as if the game is still going.
    -Also when I have her practice DJing, she doesn't even go to the booth. She just stands there. She can walk around and do other tasks but yet it still says she is practicing? Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not.
    -I downloaded GT last night and my sims have been glitching out since. I often have to debug them and reset them because they get stuck so much. I've even tried repairing the game a few times but it didn't seem to work.

Hello @t4ylor4nn .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

THANK YOU!!! I moved my mods folder like you said and now she is practicing like normal. I will test dancing and social interactions next. I had mods in my folder but they were not on in my game settings..must have been confusing the game.

Hello.
    There may be mods that are broken. Try testing with the cc/mods enabled setting turned on, then test your mods one by one like I posted and try to narrow down which items are causing the issues.

You're welcome :) Happy Simming!

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Another question, is there a way I can change the last name of my newborn son? I accidentally spelt it wrong and the babies are unselectable. It also says my newborn Tate is my son but my newborn Jaxen is not?

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Another question, is there a way I can change the last name of my newborn son? I accidentally spelt it wrong and the babies are unselectable. It also says my newborn Tate is my son but my newborn Jaxen is not?

Hello.
    After they age up into becoming a child, enter into the cheat box
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode
    Then shift click the child, and click to take them into CAS and you will be able to change their name.

Wait to see until Jaxen ages up, then see if the game recognises him as your son then.
    If they still don't recognise him as the son, you can use the last cheat in this relationships section of the cheat guide to make them parent/son
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode
    Then shift click the child, and click to take them into CAS and you will be able to change their name.

Wait to see until Jaxen ages up, then see if the game recognises him as your son then.
    If they still don't recognise him as the son, you can use the last cheat in this relationships section of the cheat guide to make them parent/son

Hello, @rosemow
    I seem to have another issue. Every time I load the game, whatever room my sim is in, the walls disappear. The art is still hanging as if it's there but when I go into build mode to re-paint the walls, it says there are none and I have to re-make them.

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode

Hello, @rosemow
    I seem to have another issue. Every time I load the game, whatever room my sim is in, the walls disappear. The art is still hanging as if it's there but when I go into build mode to re-paint the walls, it says there are none and I have to re-make them.

Hello @t4ylor4nn ,
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try coming completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the current home, then place the saved version that is in your library onto the lot and see if the issues remain.

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode

Hello, @rosemow

Hello @t4ylor4nn ,
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try coming completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try saving your home to your library. Then bulldoze the current home, then place the saved version that is in your library onto the lot and see if the issues remain.

OK I will try that. Also, is there a way to remove a sim from my family without deleting the entire sim?

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode

Hello, @rosemow

Hello @t4ylor4nn ,

OK I will try that. Also, is there a way to remove a sim from my family without deleting the entire sim?

Yes, you can do that through manage households. This link explains how to do that. When the sim is in their own household, you can then delete that household.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode

Hello, @rosemow

Hello @t4ylor4nn ,

Yes, you can do that through manage households. This link explains how to do that. When the sim is in their own household, you can then delete that household.

Awesome, thank you!

Hello @t4ylor4nn .

Hello.

Hello.
    testingcheats true
    Then enter in
    cas.fulleditmode

Hello, @rosemow

Hello @t4ylor4nn ,

Awesome, thank you!

• SunnyfiSunnyfi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi :)
    First off: I don't have mods or use cheats in my game. So when I opened the game after the update today, I noticed that at least one sim in every household had patchwork skin of different tones, like one square of their face would have white skin, and another would have black skin. Also, there's darker question marks all over the skin. I honestly don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!
  • AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    Sunnyfi wrote: »
    First off: I don't have mods or use cheats in my game. So when I opened the game after the update today, I noticed that at least one sim in every household had patchwork skin of different tones, like one square of their face would have white skin, and another would have black skin. Also, there's darker question marks all over the skin. I honestly don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi! Try restarting the game completely. If that doesn't work then repair your game in Origin :)
    AngiesSmith.png
    Sunnyfi wrote: »

Hello @Sunnyfi
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
  • GMGamerGirlGMGamerGirl Posts: 8 New Member
    Tossing this out there, hope it's in the right place.

Just pulled up my Origin client to go play S3, and the S4 update started, like normal.....so while I'm waiting out that hour+ for Origin to update, I pop over to thesims3.com to have a look around and suddenly, my update (which was at 40some%) got reset back to zero and started all over.

Not sure if that's caused any issues because I'm <b>still</b> waiting on the update to complete.
    Tossing this out there, hope it's in the right place.

Just pulled up my Origin client to go play S3, and the S4 update started, like normal.....so while I'm waiting out that hour+ for Origin to update, I pop over to thesims3.com to have a look around and suddenly, my update (which was at 40some%) got reset back to zero and started all over.

Not sure if that's caused any issues because I'm <b>still</b> waiting on the update to complete.

Hello @GMGamerGirl
    I am sorry that you have had this issue with the download resetting. Keep checking that it progresses okay now, especially when it gets into the 40% mark range.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Heres an issue I discovered after the patch update with the Tower of Power floor speakers. There is no option for the Blues channel. Although it still gives my sim the option to listen to the blues you cannot play it from selecting a channel. At first I thought something happened with the folder but its still there with all of my music in it and the stereo is completely upgraded (Had my sim upgrade it just to be on the safe side). Another issue I have is when two sims are reading a book and sitting on a couch when they try to start up a conversation they will reset back to standing and the books are on the floor. I don't know who else is having this problem but it can be annoying after a while especially if you are trying to gain a skill. I do have the MC Mod in the game (Been thinking about deleting it because I no longer want to use an mods and CC and I've already completely deleted all my CC a few months back) but I've never had these problems before. You think I should delete them and see if it still persists?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    Heres an issue I discovered after the patch update with the Tower of Power floor speakers. There is no option for the Blues channel. Although it still gives my sim the option to listen to the blues you cannot play it from selecting a channel. At first I thought something happened with the folder but its still there with all of my music in it and the stereo is completely upgraded (Had my sim upgrade it just to be on the safe side). Another issue I have is when two sims are reading a book and sitting on a couch when they try to start up a conversation they will reset back to standing and the books are on the floor. I don't know who else is having this problem but it can be annoying after a while especially if you are trying to gain a skill. I do have the MC Mod in the game (Been thinking about deleting it because I no longer want to use an mods and CC and I've already completely deleted all my CC a few months back) but I've never had these problems before. You think I should delete them and see if it still persists?

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .
    Try selling the Tower of Power and buying another one and see if that helps the issue.
    With your other issue, remove the MC Command Center mod and then test to see if the issue remains.

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .
    Try selling the Tower of Power and buying another one and see if that helps the issue.
    With your other issue, remove the MC Command Center mod and then test to see if the issue remains.

Will definitely try this right now. I'll exit my game and give it a try.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .

okay @rosemow so having deleted the Mod from the game My stereo still does not give me the option to play the Blues channel even after I sold it and rebought it and re-upgraded it. And now my sims cannot conversate while they read. It no longer resets them however they cannot multitask and hold a conversation whilst they read (which I don't blame them I mean who wants to chat when reading a good book lol :wink: )

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .

okay @rosemow so having deleted the Mod from the game My stereo still does not give me the option to play the Blues channel even after I sold it and rebought it and re-upgraded it. And now my sims cannot conversate while they read. It no longer resets them however they cannot multitask and hold a conversation whilst they read (which I don't blame them I mean who wants to chat when reading a good book lol :wink: )

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .
    I am glad that the sims aren't resetting but am sorry that they are unable to talk when reading.

With your issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .

Hello @MzPigglyPooh .
    I am glad that the sims aren't resetting but am sorry that they are unable to talk when reading.

With your issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

I am going to try this and see if it fixes the problem Thanks so much for your advice! I will try to update as soon as I've done this
  • elliesimselliesims Posts: 7 New Member
    help!!
    -
    so basically i deleted all of my save files and now when i start a new game i go into unplayed households and then not in world and their is no townies at all ?? i wanted to move some in but their is only a few in my game like the pancakes , goths and a couple others. does anyone know what to do im so confused
    elliesims wrote: »
    help!!
    -
    so basically i deleted all of my save files and now when i start a new game i go into unplayed households and then not in world and their is no townies at all ?? i wanted to move some in but their is only a few in my game like the pancakes , goths and a couple others. does anyone know what to do im so confused

Hello @elliesims
    Because you have just started a new save game , the game needs to generate townies. Try having your sims visit some of the veues such as the night club, bar, and cafe ( if you have GT) and this will generate townies, By going to the special bar nights, more sims will be generated. If you have GTW, joining the careers brings more townies into the game.
  • elliesimselliesims Posts: 7 New Member
    help!!
    -

Hello @elliesims
    Because you have just started a new save game , the game needs to generate townies. Try having your sims visit some of the veues such as the night club, bar, and cafe ( if you have GT) and this will generate townies, By going to the special bar nights, more sims will be generated. If you have GTW, joining the careers brings more townies into the game.

-
    thank you for replying :smiley:@rosemow
    I've tried to take my sim to the museum and etc but no other sims are generating ? theirs only the same people everywhere i take her ?

help!!
    -

Hello @elliesims

-
    thank you for replying :smiley:@rosemow
    I've tried to take my sim to the museum and etc but no other sims are generating ? theirs only the same people everywhere i take her ?

Hello :)
    Has your sim gone to the park, or joined a GTW career or been to a bar night?