Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    TonyB1023TonyB1023 Posts: 5 New Member
    i think i did it wrong :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    TonyB1023 wrote: »
    i think i did it wrong :D

Hello @TonyB1023
    Go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste all of the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links
  • Options
    h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/ziJZnFWK
  • Options

Hello
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    You have a weaker processor than is recommended . You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the crashing issues.
    I am so sorry :( Sometimes laptops can work okay, then with the addition of a game patch, it puts extra strain on the computer to run the game.
    You are also getting low in free hard drive space. You don’t have a large hard drive, which is filling up quickly.

Try also going to the Lenovo site, search for your laptop model, and update your drivers.

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

If you haven’t already done these things, you could try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Lower your graphics settings.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > TonyB1023 wrote: »
    >
    > h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/ziJZnFWK
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    > You have a weaker processor than is recommended . You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the crashing issues.
    > I am so sorry :( Sometimes laptops can work okay, then with the addition of a game patch, it puts extra strain on the computer to run the game.
    > You are also getting low in free hard drive space. You don’t have a large hard drive, which is filling up quickly.
    >
    > Try also going to the Lenovo site, search for your laptop model, and update your drivers.
    >
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.
    >
    > If you haven’t already done these things, you could try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Lower your graphics settings.
    > Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

I see. However, over the past 48 hours it had played perfectly with no problems at all. I had downloaded this game two weeks ago and it works fine when in CAS or Build Mode. It just freezes randomly and quits the game. I always play on laptop mode in fullscreen, and on medium graphics. It must be something else? I'll check back later if any change occurs, but thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > TonyB1023 wrote: »
    >
    > h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/ziJZnFWK
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    > You have a weaker processor than is recommended . You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the crashing issues.
    > I am so sorry :( Sometimes laptops can work okay, then with the addition of a game patch, it puts extra strain on the computer to run the game.
    > You are also getting low in free hard drive space. You don’t have a large hard drive, which is filling up quickly.
    >
    > Try also going to the Lenovo site, search for your laptop model, and update your drivers.
    >
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.
    >
    > If you haven’t already done these things, you could try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options. Lower your graphics settings.
    > Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

I see. However, over the past 48 hours it had played perfectly with no problems at all. I had downloaded this game two weeks ago and it works fine when in CAS or Build Mode. It just freezes randomly and quits the game. I always play on laptop mode in fullscreen, and on medium graphics. It must be something else? I'll check back later if any change occurs, but thanks for the tips.

The patch can add extra pressure onto your laptop to run the game. With the issues occurring since you updated, it may be the cause of your freezing and crashing,
  • Options
    hamicj01hamicj01 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm sure I'm not the only person to ask about this...but are the skills cheats not working since the update?
  • Options
    hamicj01 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only person to ask about this...but are the skills cheats not working since the update?

Hello @hamicj01
    The skill cheats aren’t working. The Simguru Developers are aware of the issue.
  • Options
    120181bella120181bella Posts: 10 New Member
    I’m having issues with the cheats skills since the latest patch which I understand from other posts they know about but I can’t hire a gardener either or use social media on the computer either are these all things they know about too?
  • Options
    Jillianrobinson1Jillianrobinson1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I am having a LOT of trouble. I have error code.m 102:ff495b5:b3c27d2. I have tried taking out mods, resetting my computer and restarting the game multiple times. Nothing is working. Help???
  • Options
    I’m having issues with the cheats skills since the latest patch which I understand from other posts they know about but I can’t hire a gardener either or use social media on the computer either are these all things they know about too?

Hello
    Other simmers are also having the issues with the gardener. . You may liike to post feedback on this AHQ EA threads
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/can-t-hire-a-gardener/m-p/6873925#M63651
    With the social media, your sim needs to have level 5 in Charisma skill to start a social network on the computer.
  • Options
    120181bella120181bella Posts: 10 New Member
    @rosemow

Thank you that will explain that then I normally always max out in charisma first thing.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi! I am having a LOT of trouble. I have error code.m 102:ff495b5:b3c27d2. I have tried taking out mods, resetting my computer and restarting the game multiple times. Nothing is working. Help???

Helllo
    If you haven’t already done this, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Clear the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then load the game and see if the issues remain

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin,r click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If you still have issues, try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    @rosemow

Thank you that will explain that then I normally always max out in charisma first thing.

Thanks

You’re welcome. If you still have issues and your sim is maxed in charisma, try testing by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop then seeing if the issue remains,
    Try selling and then repurchasing the computer.
  • Options
    lwhip4lwhip4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ever since the new patch as of 6/19/18 my skill cheats don't work :( I have testingcheats on and I am typing them correctly, i've even tried copy/paste. My other cheats are working. Just not skills :/
  • Options
    lwhip4 wrote: »
    Ever since the new patch as of 6/19/18 my skill cheats don't work :( I have testingcheats on and I am typing them correctly, i've even tried copy/paste. My other cheats are working. Just not skills :/

Hello @Iwhip4
    The SimGurus are aware of the issue with the skill cheats not working. It is affecting all simmers.
  • Options
    BeanGirl12BeanGirl12 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I've been having a problem where my time controls are squished looking I don't know what could be doing this does anyone know how to fix this or any mods that could be doing this to my game. I've already tried changing my rez and it's not that. Thank you if anyone can help!
  • Options
    BeanGirl12 wrote: »
    So I've been having a problem where my time controls are squished looking I don't know what could be doing this does anyone know how to fix this or any mods that could be doing this to my game. I've already tried changing my rez and it's not that. Thank you if anyone can help!

Hello @BeanGirl12
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and test to see if the issue remains.

There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top

If you have the 'More CAS Columns'' or “UI Cheats Extension”mods they were broken.These mods could be causing your issues. It would be best to remove them and download /install the updated versions when they are released .
  • Options
    PugalovaPugalova Posts: 1 New Member
    These are the bugs that I encountered in the past hour.
    I have no mods.

In live mode:

- fire places don't light
    -water/weeding plants don't do anything, just constantly watering but plant doesn't become "wet".
    -Sims cancel the actions I give them without warning or for any reason. Example, go to the bathroom. The Sims walks towards toilet but then is like nope and cancels the action completely.
    -Pets and sims randomly get stuck in nothing then teleport to the place there supposed to be.
    -4x speed still doesn't work correctly. Time will jump back and hour or more when going back to normal speed or 2x speed.
    -cheats not working. Example ResetSim doesn't do anything. And skill cheats don't work.

There are probably a ton more, but these are the ones I found so far. I hope they get fixed soon before seasons comes out.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Pugalova wrote: »
    These are the bugs that I encountered in the past hour.
    I have no mods.

In live mode:

- fire places don't light
    -water/weeding plants don't do anything, just constantly watering but plant doesn't become "wet".
    -Sims cancel the actions I give them without warning or for any reason. Example, go to the bathroom. The Sims walks towards toilet but then is like nope and cancels the action completely.
    -Pets and sims randomly get stuck in nothing then teleport to the place there supposed to be.
    -4x speed still doesn't work correctly. Time will jump back and hour or more when going back to normal speed or 2x speed.
    -cheats not working. Example ResetSim doesn't do anything. And skill cheats don't work.

There are probably a ton more, but these are the ones I found so far. I hope they get fixed soon before seasons comes out.

Hello @Pugalova
    Other simmers are having some of these issues also.
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Fireplaces-wont-light/m-p/6871979#M63438
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-water-the-same-plants-repeatedly/m-p/6873879#M63647
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6382726#M45243

With the random things that are happening, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    rivercrookedrivercrooked Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe someone else has had this issue, but I'm not certain. Since this new update, I cannot enter lots with sims. I can, however, still enter lots without sims-- but the doors, windows, and furniture has disappeared, and every time I attempt to edit the house in any way I get a red error message that reads "script call failed." I've tried reinstalling the update and repairing my game multiple times, and the issue persists. I don't believe this is related to my cc as the last time I downloaded any was a few days ago, and it worked fine then.
  • Options
    Maybe someone else has had this issue, but I'm not certain. Since this new update, I cannot enter lots with sims. I can, however, still enter lots without sims-- but the doors, windows, and furniture has disappeared, and every time I attempt to edit the house in any way I get a red error message that reads "script call failed." I've tried reinstalling the update and repairing my game multiple times, and the issue persists. I don't believe this is related to my cc as the last time I downloaded any was a few days ago, and it worked fine then.

Hello @rivercrooked
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch. Your cc may have been broken by the patch.
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

There has now been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top

Cc counters have been broken.
  • Options
    okberlyokberly Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!

First, @rosemow thank you for this thread-- I've been a member of this community for almost 9 years, but I'm mostly a search the forum for answers kinda gal, not a post my question even though it's been solved, kinda gal [like we're supposed to!]. How my account is flagged as new, I don't understand. Full disclosure, I've searched for these things, but not as thoroughly as I usually do since the patch is so new.

My game is fresh-- When I removed my mods for the update I mucked something up and ended up completely uninstalling and re-installing. For now to test I haven't added back in any Mods, CC, or even any of my old save files. Fresh family, fresh lot, fresh Garden

Now to my possible bugs:

1. Debug doesn't work? I had a sim stuck in an action... turned on testing cheats and the text now says reset object instead of reset sim. when selected it did nothing. Had to save and restart to unstuck her.

2. Perpetually wet clothes on clothesline.. They simply won't dry out there [left out for 3 full sim days]! Almost like they described would happen if you leave the clothes out in the rain. Clothes dried fine when put into a dryer.

3. Above mentioned new garden plants won't evolve. My sim is dutifully watering, weeding, and spraying but none of these plants are even getting close to evolving on the new meter.

Anyone else experiencing these things?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    okberly wrote: »
    Hi!

First, @rosemow thank you for this thread-- I've been a member of this community for almost 9 years, but I'm mostly a search the forum for answers kinda gal, not a post my question even though it's been solved, kinda gal [like we're supposed to!]. How my account is flagged as new, I don't understand. Full disclosure, I've searched for these things, but not as thoroughly as I usually do since the patch is so new.

My game is fresh-- When I removed my mods for the update I mucked something up and ended up completely uninstalling and re-installing. For now to test I haven't added back in any Mods, CC, or even any of my old save files. Fresh family, fresh lot, fresh Garden

Now to my possible bugs:

1. Debug doesn't work? I had a sim stuck in an action... turned on testing cheats and the text now says reset object instead of reset sim. when selected it did nothing. Had to save and restart to unstuck her.

2. Perpetually wet clothes on clothesline.. They simply won't dry out there
    ! Almost like they described would happen if you leave the clothes out in the rain. Clothes dried fine when put into a dryer.

3. Above mentioned new garden plants won't evolve. My sim is dutifully watering, weeding, and spraying but none of these plants are even getting close to evolving on the new meter.

Anyone else experiencing these things?

Hello @okberly
    Other simmers are also having this issue
    The reset sim and reset object cheats ( and other cheats ) were broken by the patch
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Cheats/m-p/6382727/highlight/true#M45244

There are issues with the clottesline since the patch
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-LDSP-Clothing-not-showing-on-clothing-line/m-p/6872256#M63484

With the third issue, it may perhaps be connected to this bug thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-water-the-same-plants-repeatedly/m-p/6872238#M63481
    I am not sure though, as with that issue the Sims are continually watering the same plants and I am not sure if that is what is occurring in your game.
    Try spreading out the plants and see if that helps. Move them away from fencing or walls and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but after the latest update I can't move a room and the furniture inside it. I can move the room it self, and anything that I have on the walls (like lamps, tv, radio etc.), but the furniture on the floor doesn't move. I have to move them to the inventory or else they get deleted.