Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I don't know how to start a thread, so I'm really hoping someone in this forum can help me, or direct me to someone/somewhere that can. My Sims (two women) have full green and pink bars, 100%. They want to get engaged ALL THE TIME, but no matter how flirty they are, the 'go steady' option or 'get married' option do not appear. I haven't even been able to get them to go steady, and they're always thinking about getting married. I have tried even when they are both 'very flirty' and it doesn't appear. Extremely frustrating. Could someone please lend a girl a hand??

Hello.
    Are your sims young adults or are they teens? If they are teens , the option to get married will not come up until they are young adults. Have they had the option come up to be girlfriends?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't know how to start a thread, so I'm really hoping someone in this forum can help me, or direct me to someone/somewhere that can. My Sims (two women) have full green and pink bars, 100%. They want to get engaged ALL THE TIME, but no matter how flirty they are, the 'go steady' option or 'get married' option do not appear. I haven't even been able to get them to go steady, and they're always thinking about getting married. I have tried even when they are both 'very flirty' and it doesn't appear. Extremely frustrating. Could someone please lend a girl a hand??

Can you check under "romance" and see if the options are there?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited February 2016
    @rosemow I have tried that, I saw that a few places. The Join Gathering just does nothing at all, even in the middle of the night. I can only get into gatherings if it's the first time in the club.

There's no join gathering button in the game as far I'm concerned. Are you talking about the 'start gathering' button? Or are you talking about a text from a club member calling your sim to meet up?
    Could you perhaps take a screenshot of the join gathering thing? Post it to imgur.com and type in the URL here without the "http://" part.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LuhllyLuhlly Posts: 13 New Member
    I looked through the forum and just found old discussions about it. None is my case. I've been playing TS4 in my notebook since the beginning. It always played it like it were nothing to the machine. But lately, since the last patches, I think the december patch, it's getting my notebook so hot, it started to turn off because of the heat.
    I looked everything. I thought it could be windows or drivers updates, so I turned the notebook back to the last restoration point. I turn on the turbo mode to play (disables background programs and other stuff). I already went to Asus and Nvidia looking for help, no success.
    So today, I opened my notebook that just got out of warrant, cleaned the cooler, etc - it wasn't even dirty to explain the heat. Went to try the game. Still overheats. It just happens with TS4. Anybody knows something that could help me? I can't play anymore.

My notebook:
    Asus
    Win 8.1
    iCore i7
    GeForce 720M
    8 GB RAM
    - I have all EPs and SPs and GP.
    Luhlly wrote: »
    I looked through the forum and just found old discussions about it. None is my case. I've been playing TS4 in my notebook since the beginning. It always played it like it were nothing to the machine. But lately, since the last patches, I think the december patch, it's getting my notebook so hot, it started to turn off because of the heat.
    I looked everything. I thought it could be windows or drivers updates, so I turned the notebook back to the last restoration point. I turn on the turbo mode to play (disables background programs and other stuff). I already went to Asus and Nvidia looking for help, no success.
    So today, I opened my notebook that just got out of warrant, cleaned the cooler, etc - it wasn't even dirty to explain the heat. Went to try the game. Still overheats. It just happens with TS4. Anybody knows something that could help me? I can't play anymore.

My notebook:
    Asus
    Win 8.1
    iCore i7
    GeForce 720M
    8 GB RAM

Hello @Luhily. I will start a new thread for you, and it would be good if you could post your DiaxDiag info there. I will edit in the thread link once I have made the thread. I will post it in the technical section of the forums.
    edited February 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Luhlly wrote: »

My notebook:
    Asus
    Win 8.1
    iCore i7
    GeForce 720M
    8 GB RAM

Hello @Luhlly . I will start a new thread for you, and it would be good if you could post your DiaxDiag info there. I will edit in the thread link once I have made the thread. I will post it in the technical section of the forums.

Hello @Luhlly This is a link to your thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878981/thread-for-luhlly-overheating-issues

I have posted how to gather and post your DiaxDiag information there
  • alishadarlingalishadarling Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello! I just had a quick question about my Sim. She is a kleptomaniac and has the Public Enemy aspiration (which comes with the Dastardly trait). I've never played with any "negative" traits before, so I was wondering if the fact that almost everyone she meets immediately dislikes her is because she has some negative traits. She doesn't even have to talk to anyone for them to immediately hate her. It's not really bothering me since she needs to be disliked for her aspiration, but it made me curious as to if this is something that normally happens.
  • haroo09haroo09 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forums.
    Been looking for a way to get some help with a bug I discovered. Basically, when my sim is in a happy mood and I send a happy text to someone, that Sim whom I texted would respond by telling me to hang out on a lot. When I accept and go to that lot, after the loading screen the sim who invited me to hang out on said lot would disappear. I tried it like 10 times now, and every time I send a happy text to a sim and they respond by asking you to hang out on a certain lot and once you accept and you get to the lot you were invited to, the sim that invited you would disappear. Not sure if this is already a known issue but I would appreciate any response on this.
    edited February 2016
    Hello! I just had a quick question about my Sim. She is a kleptomaniac and has the Public Enemy aspiration (which comes with the Dastardly trait). I've never played with any "negative" traits before, so I was wondering if the fact that almost everyone she meets immediately dislikes her is because she has some negative traits. She doesn't even have to talk to anyone for them to immediately hate her. It's not really bothering me since she needs to be disliked for her aspiration, but it made me curious as to if this is something that normally happens.

Hello @alishadarling . Yes, having negative traits would affect how other sims react to your sim. The dastardly trait helps your sim when using the mean interactions.
    The reactions that your sim is getting will help them with their aspiration.

I hope that your sims progress on the aspiration and in their criminal career is going /goes well :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    haroo09 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm new to the forums.
    Been looking for a way to get some help with a bug I discovered. Basically, when my sim is in a happy mood and I send a happy text to someone, that Sim whom I texted would respond by telling me to hang out on a lot. When I accept and go to that lot, after the loading screen the sim who invited me to hang out on said lot would disappear. I tried it like 10 times now, and every time I send a happy text to a sim and they respond by asking you to hang out on a certain lot and once you accept and you get to the lot you were invited to, the sim that invited you would disappear. Not sure if this is already a known issue but I would appreciate any response on this.

Hello @haroo09.
    Other simmers are having the same issue.
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Social-events-cancelled-early/m-p/5004210#M17852

If you can, try to queue up interactions with the sim as soon as you arrive if you are able to.
  • haroo09haroo09 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow thanks for responding rose! Apparently, it's not just happy text but flirty text too, at this point I think it's any text that would result to the sim inviting you to a lot. Unfortunately, the sim that invited you becomes non-interactive when you arrive at the lot. But in any case, I'll check the link you provided.
    haroo09 wrote: »
    @rosemow thanks for responding rose! Apparently, it's not just happy text but flirty text too, at this point I think it's any text that would result to the sim inviting you to a lot. Unfortunately, the sim that invited you becomes non-interactive when you arrive at the lot. But in any case, I'll check the link you provided.

You're welcome :) It would be good to press " me too" on the link.
  • xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member

Check to see if one of the sims is married.

• WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    My issues seem to be when something new is added into the game? For example, the jealousy trait...It'll have a picture of the tense emotion, but when I hover over it to see what it says, it's blank. The same with some of the get together stuff. When someone calls one of my sims, it'll just come up with blank messages so I have to guess lol. Alot of the groups to join are the same, usually just has "..." where there should be writing. It's really getting on my nerves! It happens with alot of other stuff too, but always just blank messages.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    WrathSixx wrote: »
    My issues seem to be when something new is added into the game? For example, the jealousy trait...It'll have a picture of the tense emotion, but when I hover over it to see what it says, it's blank. The same with some of the get together stuff. When someone calls one of my sims, it'll just come up with blank messages so I have to guess lol. Alot of the groups to join are the same, usually just has "..." where there should be writing. It's really getting on my nerves! It happens with alot of other stuff too, but always just blank messages.

This post covers your issue (disregard that it only says "codes" in the URL): http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Hello @WrathSixx. The link that luthien referred to should help you. It refers to your empty text bubbles issue as well. Try doing the solution in the link.
    Thank you :) hopefully this will work!
    Yes!! It worked! Thank you soooo much :smiley:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Yes!! It worked! Thank you soooo much :smiley:

Awesome :)

Just a warning: sometimes players have to do this at every game update.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    I'm having a weird issue that's only just come up in the last few days.

My Sims are "freezing" in whatever it was they were doing. Time continues to pass and everything else seems to continue doing what it's doing but the Sims act like they're frozen in time. The only way around it that I've found is to access the Map screen and then go back to the house and everyone will be moving again. Sometimes I can go as long as an hour without it happening and at other times it's happening every minute (the game is unplayable at that point).

I've repaired the game, checked that my drivers were up to date, and reset the game folder. None of those solved the issue.
    Keth wrote: »
    I'm having a weird issue that's only just come up in the last few days.

My Sims are "freezing" in whatever it was they were doing. Time continues to pass and everything else seems to continue doing what it's doing but the Sims act like they're frozen in time. The only way around it that I've found is to access the Map screen and then go back to the house and everyone will be moving again. Sometimes I can go as long as an hour without it happening and at other times it's happening every minute (the game is unplayable at that point).

I've repaired the game, checked that my drivers were up to date, and reset the game folder. None of those solved the issue.

Hello @Keith .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. The issue has affected other simmers as well.
    Try doing the suggestions in this link and see if that helps.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/08/time-freezereset/

Try starting a new save game file and test to see if the issues are occurring in that save game as well.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Removing some of the items from the inventories may help to prevent the issues occurring.

Lowering your graphics settings may help.

Some things that can help when the issue occurs are:
    Pressing the game options button and then cancelling the options pop up.

Going to buy mode and back or switching from one tab to another can sometimes help.

Having your sims travel to another lot , like you have done, can help

Pressing pause a few times when it happens .

If sims are doing homework or playing chess, that has caused the issue in some games, so cancelling those interactions if the game freezes may help.

Simmers have also found that cancelling sims's tasks in their queue has helped.

• KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    I did find a fix. Under 'Game Options', I had to un-check the 'Autoreconnect' and 'Share User Data' options. Not only did this fix the freezing issues but the game as a whole just seems to run better now. Why this only started being an issue this week I have no idea.
    Keth wrote: »
    I did find a fix. Under 'Game Options', I had to un-check the 'Autoreconnect' and 'Share User Data' options. Not only did this fix the freezing issues but the game as a whole just seems to run better now. Why this only started being an issue this week I have no idea.

Hello @Keith . I am giad that your game is running better now. Happy simming! :)