Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of the stage tool? *Solved*

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
*EDIT: turns out it was just shadows giving it an illusion of stairs.*

In the sims 2 we had a stage/platform tool that could be used almost anywhere when building. I don't know if this has been pointed out but in the anniversary pic (see below) it's seen that Alexandra goth is standing on a platform. Could this be a sign of its return?

KKBEXt7.jpg

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    If that nerd Alexander goth wasn't always in the way, I could see better. But for now, I'm not seeing it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    If that nerd Alexander goth wasn't always in the way, I could see better. But for now, I'm not seeing it.

To the right of him you can see stairs leading up to it.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    where?
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited February 2016
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Those look like shadows to me. Though I hope I'm wrong. Would be nice to be able to do split-level houses easily.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

It's too hard to tell
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

Those look like shadows to me. Though I hope I'm wrong. Would be nice to be able to do split-level houses easily.

Oh, you might be right. It's very difficult to tell.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I believe that is just one of the larger red rugs that came with the base game. I guess it's just the angle of the camera, but the floor is level.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looks like a rug to me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Looks like a rug to me.

Just a rug, yes.

EA what the heck did you do to your Simmers? xP
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Definitely a rug and that's all I seen when I looked at it. I was very confused at first after reading your post. Lol.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    You can however make one. Set the foundation of the house up then put a fence or half wall to surround the lower part then take the hammer tool and demolish that area. Prrrresto
    IRJsECv.png
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Oh wow, that is a neat optical illusion, though. It looked flat to me at first, but then it sort of 'shifted' and I could see stairs, too. Like that cut out of the dancer that appears to be spinning in different directions.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    *EDIT: turns out it was just shadows giving it an illusion of stairs.*

In the sims 2 we had a stage/platform tool that could be used almost anywhere when building. I don't know if this has been pointed out but in the anniversary pic (see below) it's seen that Alexandra goth is standing on a platform. Could this be a sign of its return?

KKBEXt7.jpg

It's a great illusion, because I can see a very thin white line as a divider right at the seat of his chair. Makes you think they are sitting lower than where Cassandra is painting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.