Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I dislike Time Limits in The Sims FreePlay

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
edited March 2023 in The Sims FreePlay
The Sims FreePlay is notorious for having Timed Quests/Events/Hobbies which have prizes that are possible to miss. Time Limits can be a problem especially if you have to go to work and school or you'll be away from your home without Internet to play the game. They are very jarring especially since TS3 and TS4 allow you to take your time.

The problem with Time Limits in FreePlay is the quests with building requirements. Quests such as Two and a Half Sims, Ocean View, The Mysterious Island, Need for Steed, and so on require you to build the appropriate building as part of the quest (e.g., Children's Store in Two and a half Sims) but the issue is that the more buildings you've built, the longer it takes to build the next building making this problematic when you reach the later quests (notably the Multi-Story Renovations quest) or if you've built several buildings (Car Dealer, Grocery Store, etc.) early in the game. This can make it very difficult to beat the quest under the time limit unless you use LP to instantly build the building. Fortunately, it's possible to use the Cooking Hobby to farm LPs provided you have a lot of Sims (up to 10). Edit: It seems the building times for quest buildings seem to be re-balanced.

Notably I also find the Tropical Romance Island event to also be hard without paying. While you have 14 days to unlock the building, I'm probably won't get the Sea View Bungalow. I have about 2 days left but getting the requirements is probably near impossible without paying for Social Points. The reason I can't get both final buildings was I was forced to have no Internet when I moved and thus I couldn't play FreePlay for a couple days since the game needs an Internet connection to play.

The final two buildings require a total of 9500 Pineapples and 3350 Passion Fruit but you can only earn 150+15 Pineapples and 50+5 Passion Fruit per 4 hours & 30 minutes. Plus you're only allowed to have two Pineapple Plants and Passion Fruit Vines making this more difficult. And no, you can't use Lifestyle Points to speed up the process, only SP.

In The Sims 4, except for the Prestige Social Events, you can take your time unlocking things as there is no time limit. Prestige Social Events in TS4 is probably the only thing in the game (besides Get to Work's Professions) that has a time limit and you have to do get a bronze, sliver or gold medal within the time limit to unlock items and complete some Aspirations' goals. If you fail, you can always try again.

What are your thoughts on the Time Limits in FreePlay?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    They suck, but they make tons of cash through it and that is what matters to them. It's a mobile game and a mobile company it's all they care about. :p The game is impossible but I find some of the goals kind of fun so I play it from time to time but I'm never going to pour cash into it.

"Free Mobile games" are but a scam in true nature, they make you addicted and pay, but you have TS4 and TS3 which are true pc games you don't need FreePlay, it's whatever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I don't play Sims Free Play because I don't like the real time aspect of it. That's the same reason I won't play Virtual Families 1 or 2. I just don't have that kind of time.

I guess the only way I could do it is to just play it without worrying about doing the quests and just do it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't really mind the time limits because you never miss important things which are vital for your gameplay. Besides that I got all the things which I missed last year as free presents in December 2015. Maybe they will do that again in December 2016?

Think about the things you miss as equivalent to the many extra things that you could buy as downloads for the Sims 3. I hope that nobody felt an obligation to buy all those things just because they felt that they wouldn't have a "complete" game without them.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I usually don't mind the time limits but this current romance quest is ridiculous. I have two venues left to unlock and only a couple hours to do it. I refuse to spend money for social points so this might just be the end of free play for me.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I don't play the game anymore too boring.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

I usually don't mind the time limits but this current romance quest is ridiculous. I have two venues left to unlock and only a couple hours to do it. I refuse to spend money for social points so this might just be the end of free play for me.
    I managed to build everything on the tropical island except the sea view bungalow. It is unlocked. But I don't have enough passion fruit and construction tools. I can build it anyway. But it would cost me no less than 969 SPs which I would have to use real money to buy (because I only have 324 SPs). So I won't build that place for now. Nevertheless I am sure that Firemonkeys will give me another possibility to build it for free later. So I don't care :)
    Erpe wrote: »
    I managed to build everything on the tropical island except the sea view bungalow. It is unlocked. But I don't have enough passion fruit and construction tools. I can build it anyway. But it would cost me no less than 969 SPs which I would have to use real money to buy (because I only have 324 SPs). So I won't build that place for now. Nevertheless I am sure that Firemonkeys will give me another possibility to build it for free later. So I don't care :)

Same with me. I managed to unlock everything and got enough resources to build the wedding venue. I didn't realize at the time that you have an extra 7 days to use your resources and complete builds. Unfortunately I have no resources left to actually build the bungalow and need 1747 SP. That would be the $100 SP bundle. Ain't happening.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited February 2016
    Psh. It's a mobile game. Deal with it. They're always horrible anyways.
    KatNipples wrote: »

We are dealing with it. Aren't we allowed to voice our opinions?

Same with me. I managed to unlock everything and got enough resources to build the wedding venue. I didn't realize at the time that you have an extra 7 days to use your resources and complete builds. Unfortunately I have no resources left to actually build the bungalow and need 1747 SP. That would be the $100 SP bundle. Ain't happening.
    I didn't realize that either. Otherwise I would have used my 66207 bananas to get the missing construction tools. But it wouldn't really have mattered anyway because I would still only have 785 passion fruits and needed 2200 of those fruits.
    KatNipples wrote: »
    They are becoming better. Now you can even get full tablet versions of more and more PC games even though they only can be played on the newest and most expensive tablets. If you don't like that then you are in trouble because in the future bigger and better games will be made for mobile devices (especially tablets) and fewer and fewer will be made for PCs and consoles.

The current problem with most mobile games though is that the game companies still are mostly inspired by MMO games like Clash of Clans and casual games for children which were the only games which could be made for cheap phones just 2 to 3 years ago. But I am sure that this will change very soon ;)

I didn't realize that either. Otherwise I would have used my 66207 bananas to get the missing construction tools. But it wouldn't really have mattered anyway because I would still only have 785 passion fruits and needed 2200 of those fruits.

I'm curious about the build for free opportunity. I have several venues on the first island that I'm also working on. The animal park, carnival, and arcade center. Did you get the opportunity to complete those for free? Also what about the Island Volcano? Have you completed that? I don't recall getting any notifications for free builds.
    edited February 2016

I'm curious about the build for free opportunity. I have several venues on the first island that I'm also working on. The animal park, carnival, and arcade center. Did you get the opportunity to complete those for free? Also what about the Island Volcano? Have you completed that? I don't recall getting any notifications for free builds.
    No I didn't build any of them for free.

The vulcano is the most difficult because it will burst into life when all four monuments reach lvl 25. But none of my monuments are higher than lvl 10 yet. So this will take very long time ;)

I have built the arcade (where I have a teen working on the arcade gamer hobby) and the public beach. After that I am now working on the carnival which I probably will be able to build in 1 to 2 weeks because I have 3 sims who only work on fulfilling their life dreams so I can get the few missing orbs. (My other 31 sims don't have life dreams and they are never allowed to become older.)

There are more places inside the arcade to unlock too. But they also needs orbs to become unlocked. So I won't unlock them until I have built all other buildings on the island.

Edit: Just to make it clear: The only things that I have ever got for free are the decorative items (probably furniture) which we normally get as extra rewards when we do ordinary quests within the time limit. I think that I got 4 such items for my home store in December for free even though I hadn't done those quest fast enough earlier in 2015. But I don't even remember which items I got.

The sea view bungalow is different. I can't get it within the extra 7 days and I don't think that we will ever get it for free. But my guess is that we will get a new opportunity to buy it for money, LPs, SPs, orbs or something similar later.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • mapinemapine Posts: 1 New Member
    How do we get back to the island? I have 6 days to build eveything after the event finished but how do I get back there since my option in the upper left hand corner is gone.
    mapine wrote: »
    How do we get back to the island? I have 6 days to build eveything after the event finished but how do I get back there since my option in the upper left hand corner is gone.
    Tab on the boat. This will bring you to the island.
  • charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Sims free play, isn't free...
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
    charcoug wrote: »
    Sims free play, isn't free...
    It is for me :)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I like it... as a side game. :)

It's fun to check in on your sims and give them a quest or two that are a couple of hours long and then you can come back, see what the next quest is and adding them the new quest or do countless other things.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I don't like that , too.
    But it's the way how they make money.
    We should understand that.
    If we could just use cheat codes to finish all quests imediately then I don't think that the game would be any fun at all. Furthermore the game wouldn't be free and we would have to pay both for the basegame and for every new content that they made. (We wouldn't do that though - so instead EA would just close the game servers down.)
  • Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
    How long do I have to wait for the next event? When I select the Tree on the dock it says LEVEL 11 is check but WAIT FOR EVENT IS NOT CHECKED.... I have searched far and wide throughout the internet to find out and haven't found anything to say when the next event will be or how to get to it. Why is it advertised explore island and etc., with new Tropical romance update and then I have to wait for an event that has no details of who, what, when, where, how, and or why? I'm a little disappointed, i guess it wouldn't be so bad if there was a least a little info about how to play and when the next event will be if you missed it or how to get to the next event.... Any info/help will be appreciated
    edited February 2016
    Sims_4funn wrote: »
    How long do I have to wait for the next event? When I select the Tree on the dock it says LEVEL 11 is check but WAIT FOR EVENT IS NOT CHECKED.... I have searched far and wide throughout the internet to find out and haven't found anything to say when the next event will be or how to get to it. Why is it advertised explore island and etc., with new Tropical romance update and then I have to wait for an event that has no details of who, what, when, where, how, and or why? I'm a little disappointed, i guess it wouldn't be so bad if there was a least a little info about how to play and when the next event will be if you missed it or how to get to the next event.... Any info/help will be appreciated
    The current event is the urban furniture event. The tropical island event is over for now but will probably come back later. The next event is the sleepwear event which probably will start when the urban furniture event is over. If the urban furniture event isn't available for you then you must be on a too low level because the event depends on the woodworking hobby in the community center. So you probably have to have built the community center to be able to participate in this event.

If you need a guide for the game then visit https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com where you can get all the information you need.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm not a fan of those timed events either.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Elisarose1996Elisarose1996 Posts: 2 New Member
    i've had the same issues with the timed stuff i can't afford to buy LP's and Social points but seems they are just in it for the money on this game still a fun game though
    i've had the same issues with the timed stuff i can't afford to buy LP's and Social points but seems they are just in it for the money on this game still a fun game though
    You don't need to buy LPs or SPs. You will get all the LPs you need just by doing hobbies.

SPs are even less important because you rarely need them for anything. But you get a lot of SPs just by doing the quests where you visit a neighbor's city.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top