Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Average looking sims?

Comments

• HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    So funny I thought the same thing! I actually ended up creating my own bunch of random looking people, plopped them into a house and created a club for them. I sent their hangout for cafes so now I bump into them often :)
  • HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Opps! The item name on the gallery is "Hankins" (sorry not sure how else to share it!) if you want to see if that's what you're looking for lol
  • tamisarah tamisarah Posts: 36 Member
    Braces and even head gear would be hilarious for kids and teens.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I thought I was the only one who was bothered by the lack of average looking sims. I don't even really get sims from the gallery anymore because they all look like super models. I find it to be quite annoying. And don't even get me started on the poses they use.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Oh thanks, @Emmy_Sims :grin: Your sim is pretty as well. I am quite fond of sims that have discerning features, since townies that I have around my town that actually generate with notable features are easily remembered. :)

@Piperbird I like looking at reference photos or making my friends in game. (Sneakily for some. xD) I feel like if you're able to score an image where you can get angles from profile and when they're facing forward are pretty helpful. I guess in all it's just trial and error. :o

I've tried. :( I can do it with houses I see, and have a blast building real places I see or have visited, but I just can't do the same with a person. I suppose I just need more practice. There are so many beautiful people. I also don't use CC, so I am limited to in game pieces. But, look at these women, they look like statues of goddesses come to life. I would love Sims like them.

1-Skin-type.jpg
    Beautiful%20Indian%20Model%20Photos%20for%20Jewellery6.jpg
    tumblr_nzh1eiHOu81qdsqz6o1_1280.jpg
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I just started a thread encouraging a topic like this one. It's about a hashtag in the gallery that encourages people to make relate able sims. I hope that one day it'll be filled with human-like sims from different simmers. For now it's just a line by me. If you're still in search for average sims: Introducing: AverageIsBeautiful
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I do hate looking for sims in the gallery. There are a lot of strange trends that happen. People tend to make them super sexy, ultra thin, or do this weird big eye small head thing to women. Also, male sims are always made super buff or they tend to all look the same to me.

I usually spend time making a bunch of families and single sim households and then I place them in houses to fill my neighborhood, next time I start a new save I have them to fill houses again so that I don't have to go through the process of finding adequate sims on the gallery again.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Got a few more, I especially love Katie, I had a really fun time playing her :) These two are however not "blank" I have used them in game, so they do have careers and skills. (Sadly I don't have in-game pictures of these Sims at moment)
    00.jpg
    Katie Dawson - baker, job in the culinary career
    00.jpg
    Ryan Wallace - doctor, he looks a bit weird in those scrubs, but his other outfits look better ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Oh thanks, @Emmy_Sims :grin: Your sim is pretty as well. I am quite fond of sims that have discerning features, since townies that I have around my town that actually generate with notable features are easily remembered. :)

@Piperbird I like looking at reference photos or making my friends in game. (Sneakily for some. xD) I feel like if you're able to score an image where you can get angles from profile and when they're facing forward are pretty helpful. I guess in all it's just trial and error. :o

I've tried. :( I can do it with houses I see, and have a blast building real places I see or have visited, but I just can't do the same with a person. I suppose I just need more practice. There are so many beautiful people. I also don't use CC, so I am limited to in game pieces. But, look at these women, they look like statues of goddesses come to life. I would love Sims like them.

1-Skin-type.jpg

gosh, they are stunning! is the second one hispanic? she reminded me that I never made a Hispanic sim before. also I think I need to make more black sims
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »

1-Skin-type.jpg

gosh, they are stunning! is the second one hispanic? she reminded me that I never made a Hispanic sim before. also I think I need to make more black sims

No, she is a Pakistani model and actress. I found her in a search for jewelry once.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »

1-Skin-type.jpg

No, she is a Pakistani model and actress. I found her in a search for jewelry once.

ohhhh. I'm really bad at identifying some ethnicities
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Ok, so I tried to recreate some of my classmates. I figured some RL-inspirations should give some interesting Sims.
    Kte11Yw.png
    OQxceH9.png
    ERXwNxZ.png
    Yo3iUIL.png
    K6JsXQB.png
    SfFfwue.png
    9W4wuQU.png
    Orgp8LC.png
    uua8nv6.png
    7b0rjEN.png
    Dyew4eg.png
    0PKpMpw.png

Hi!

Awesome looking sims! How/where can I find them in the gallery?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    My user name is Oleka_2K I have some normal sims... I build normal sims and just normal houses, nothing fancy but it suits my playstyle.
  • sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    0MPx9cw.png

This sims looks more like me than any Simself I've ever made...I gotta go find her in the gallery. Its freaky. Love her. Thanks for posting her.
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    I'm a little late to reply but I think my gallery has some normal/regular/ordinary looking sims - I try to mix it up and create a wide range of different sims in personality terms and looks - link to my gallery sits in my signature but my name on the gallery is "Vickslouise" if it helps
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I've been looking for an excuse to share a bunch of my sims. In retrospect, I'm not sure any of them understand what the word average means. But now that I've gone and shared a bunch out, my gallery ID is translab in case anyone is curious.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    0MPx9cw.png
    This sims looks more like me than any Simself I've ever made...I gotta go find her in the gallery. Its freaky. Love her. Thanks for posting her.
    You're welcome! Happy you like her. :)

Here's a few more single sims I added to a new town save. I had fun with these guys. :)

Julian Nguyen, Ben De La Torre, and Robin Crum
    wdFDDee.png

Liliana Holm, Abbey Soun, and Marinette Descoteaux
    z2OXXJH.png
    I based Marinette after an old classmate of mine after I read @yoko2112 using classmates for inspiration. :) Cool idea! I felt sorta stalkerish on her facebook though LOL

I also have CC free versions of my in game maids and librarian uploaded too.
    Tessa Baugh, Shelby Bollinger, and Cheryl Tolliver.
    jf8NfZk.png

Fun seeing you guys' creations :)
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you so much for posting pictures of these wonderful sims. I have downloaded SOOO many of them into my game! :smiley:

PS: Could you tell if you use CC or not...i don't want any CC in my game so i'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks! :smile:
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I recently created this little lady. I think she's pretty but average.

She has custom content though.

tumblr_o2x0jxfK7g1uz52c3o1_1280.png
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Misty, I didn't think about it until now but I actually have a few average Sims in my gallery, too. I'll post some pictures for you tonight when I get home from work. :)
  • ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    Maybe just search the word "family sim" (they usually don't look that great, hehe) or maybe "ordinary"? Do you want cc sims? I know that alot of cc is very pretty and makes every sim look absolutely stunning!
  • JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2016
    The sims I make aren't overly glam..generally. I forgot my Origin ID at the moment, but it's in my signature. Sometimes looking in the gallery reminds me of how different everyone's idea of beauty is.
    (I just remembered I'm Candybot on Origin. I'm on my phone and can't see signatures)
    Post edited by JellyEyes on