March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medieval and Windows 10

13...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Evil_sloths - There shouldn't haven been quite that much hocus pocus necessary to transition from the Steam version to Origin. Steam provides Origin codes for TS3 purchases on purpose as per their agreement with EA at the time, so I assume the same for TSM. Many of us could have helped you through that transition more efficiently had we been asked. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Evil_slothsEvil_sloths Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey Igazor, I appreciate your feedback. It's difficult to relay emotion through text, as I'm a very direct person, but, I appreciate it, I mean it.

At that time, I've posted my question regarding my issue in different forums, some even on reddit, with silence as the response for most part and the latter... well, we know about that. Forums age and some are just dead, I understand that. The game's not new either, so, there is also an expectation that the solution would appear more readily in the search results, but, no dice. Just a bunch of "hocus pocus"...but I'm just teasing. As you've provided what I'm sure would have been the answer to my problem at the time, it took some time getting here. The effort behind the scenes were made and the hand was reached out without someone else grasping it, so! Nothing left to do but carve your own path. Even if now, it was a tedious one. But we live to learn and die to succeed.

It would be good if you were able to pin your response though. That way, when someone searches for a solution to this problem, they don't have to go in circles. Is there a way? If there is, sweet! You got this. If there isn't.....that's a mess.

All the best. Happy gaming. Thanks for all you do. (Again, no sarcasm, I mean it)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Evil_sloths - One of the reasons support is so difficult to come by for TSM is that its player base is much smaller than TS3 and the other games. I'm afraid even I never really pay much attention to this forum board because I don't play or even own TSM. The only reason this thread gets my attention is that someone paged me and I responded a few years ago. Not sure what the solution is for the future except maybe sometimes cross-post to the TS3 sections of wherever you are if you don't seem to be getting a helpful response after a while. TS3 and TSM are of course different games, but they do have a lot of things in common under the hood.

As for pinning responses, I'm afraid that would be up to the moderators. I don't work here, I'm just a forum member like the rest of you. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    I'm running it in windows 11, To enable cheats you need to do it a different way in the directory you have game: C: Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\open the file in notepad and turn TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1Save the file and close it.
    For your graphics card to be recognized I would suggest viewing A CottonSock Sims 3 fixes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-uBFKOen-4
    These fixes work for Sims Medieval as I have used them. Works excellent for Sims 3 using all packs, doesn't even run hot.