Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weight gain

I was trying to have my Sim gain weight. I made her eat 4 plates of grilled cheese back to back (she did get the grilled cheese aspiration) and 4 plates of french toast. There was no significant difference. Is there a moodlet that indicates weight gain? Or should I try something else?

Comments

• RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Take her to a community lot and see if her shape changes. It might take awhile to appear.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    First make sure your sim doesn't have any athletic traits (don't let them work out), and keep them out of the garden. These two things will cause a sim to loose weight and keep it off. As far as eating, let them eat every day, and let their bar get completely full. For a sim to gain weight it will take over a course of time, not just over eating at a single meal or two. It is totally different in TS4, than it was in any of the past sims games. I did this with one woman, and she would gain weight, I actually had to have her work out from time to time to keep her weight in a certain area, other wise she would get bigger. I thought I has some pictures of her, but I couldn't find any that I was looking at.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Weight gain is a gradual thing. If you want it instant, there is a potion in the rewards store. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    don't know if its still a thing but it used to be that sims who danced a lot had some pretty significant weight gain. Could have been patched out as I don't think it was intentional.

To be honest, I've not played with the dance trait so I haven't tested if it still happens or not.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Lobster Thermidor does contain most calories, if I remember correctly, so if your Sim is skilled enough, have her eat only that. Cakes also have plenty of calories. And if you have Cool Kitchen Stuff, Weight of the World ice cream makes your Sim bigger in no time. :)
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    edited February 2016
    Obscurus wrote: »
    Lobster Thermidor does contain most calories, if I remember correctly, so if your Sim is skilled enough, have her eat only that. Cakes also have plenty of calories. And if you have Cool Kitchen Stuff, Weight of the World ice cream makes your Sim bigger in no time. :)

Omg. I made the mistake of having my sim eat that not realizing what effects it would have. She was already a slightly bigger sim. But after eating that ice cream, I was mortified. Plus she was pregnant. She looked like a giant marshmallow

2nm1umd.png
    It seem's their arms dont gain weight though...
    TszwvJw.png
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    DrnSimmer wrote: »

Omg. I made the mistake of having my sim eat that not realizing what effects it would have. She was already a slightly bigger sim. But after eating that ice cream, I was mortified. Plus she was pregnant. She looked like a giant marshmallow

I made the same error when CKS was brand new. I foolishly thought Weight of the World would give my Sim a Sad moodlet. BIG mistake. :p
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Thanks everyone for your help :)

Well, my Sim is now pregnant, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how much weight she gains after giving birth.
    @DrnSimmer Lol, oh no. I don't want my Sim to gain that much weight. Just a few extra pounds, I feel like most of the Sims in my world are all so thin. Except, for Nina Caliente, there's none with a curvier look.
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I made the same error when CKS was brand new. I foolishly thought Weight of the World would give my Sim a Sad moodlet. BIG mistake. :p

Haha, me too! That is exactly what I was thinking. But I was oh sooo wrong
    @DrnSimmer Lol, oh no. I don't want my Sim to gain that much weight. Just a few extra pounds, I feel like most of the Sims in my world are all so thin. Except, for Nina Caliente, there's none with a curvier look.

Yeah, it can be hard to get the right look after the sims have been made. Sometimes they gain the weight in strange places based off their original bodies. Some get pear shapes some get hourglass shapes some turn into pumpkin shaped sims
    TszwvJw.png
    [quote="DrnSimmer;14559317"][quote="Obscurus;14559258"]
    I made the same error when CKS was brand new. I foolishly thought Weight of the World would give my Sim a Sad moodlet. BIG mistake. :p [/quote]

Haha, me too! That is exactly what I was thinking. But I was oh sooo wrong

[quote="IceDrizzle27;14559288"]
    @DrnSimmer Lol, oh no. I don't want my Sim to gain that much weight. Just a few extra pounds, I feel like most of the Sims in my world are all so thin. Except, for Nina Caliente, there's none with a curvier look.[/quote]

Yeah, it can be hard to get the right look after the sims have been made. Sometimes they gain the weight in strange places based off their original bodies. Some get pear shapes some get hourglass shapes some turn into pumpkin shaped sims[/quote]

But it's cool that it's so realistic because not everyone has the same look in real life.
    edited February 2016
    Most of my sims start out looking normal/average weight and by the time they reach adulthood look like skeletons with skin stretched over 'em. I don't typically build them gyms or take them to the gym much, it just happens through daily sim life somehow. Very few of them garden either! Poor little things need to eat more I guess but they never go hungry so I don't know hehe.

I've only ever had one that stayed plump and she was overly plump already (when I created her in CAS) She joined the culinary career and was constantly getting the whim to bake something.
    So I guess baking helps with weight gain/weight maintanence as well.
    edited February 2016
    @IceDrizzle27 it seems to. From what I can tell its low energy (doesn't fill the hunger bar very well) and high calorie
    ...like in real life I guess. If I look at a brownie I gain weight so since I'm a baker and don't eat sweets I try to close my eyes a lot :D only kidding. I'm also clumsy so I'd end up frying my hand in the oven if I did that :P
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Most of my sims start out looking normal/average weight and by the time they reach adulthood look like skeletons with skin stretched over 'em. I don't typically build them gyms or take them to the gym much, it just happens through daily sim life somehow. Very few of them garden either! Poor little things need to eat more I guess but they never go hungry so I don't know hehe.

I've only ever had one that stayed plump and she was overly plump already (when I created her in CAS) She joined the culinary career and was constantly getting the whim to bake something.

I've had this as well with my sim's offspring and I just don't understand it. For lack of a better word to describe it a lot of the time my sim's children just end up looking noodly as they age up. Initially I thought it was just down to low weight (because it would make sense for them to be so thin if their weight slider was right at the bottom, especially since some of them don't seem to inherit their mum's curvier bodyshape) but when I actually check them in CAS the weight slider is at the halfway point. It's bizarre.
    @Darkslayer Me too! When I check them in CAS their sliders are always around the midway point and I don't make my sims over skinny when I create the first generation. In fact, of late when I create them the parents are downright pudgy because I keep hoping that overweight parents will make normal sized kids!
  • choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    In my experience, Sims tend to gain weight when you make them eat when they are not hungry. Try having her eat cake, brownies, and BLTs while her hunger meter is still green. Also, Avoid Salads and the Gym.