Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyone who speaks French,German or Spanish on here ?

I need help translating something i found.( emo enim ipsam quita voluptas sitb a odzuoit spernatur aut odzuoit aut fugit. sed quia linasci consequun tur magni d lores eos nescinnt )

Could anyone please tell me what this means if you understand it ?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I need help translating something i found.( emo enim ipsam quita voluptas sitb a odzuoit spernatur aut odzuoit aut fugit. sed quia linasci consequun tur magni d lores eos nescinnt )

Could anyone please tell me what this means if you understand it ?

Honey that is neither French nor Spanish in what world are you living in? :p (I don't mean to be rude but srsly).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    well it does seem rude tbh and i just tried 5 different translators on the internet and they all detected those 3 languages. that's why i asked if anyone could understand it.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It looks like latin but I'm not so sure.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    well it does seem rude tbh and i just tried 5 different translators on the internet and they all detected those 3 languages. that's why i asked if anyone could understand it.

Sorry :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

It might be.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Sorry :\

All is forgiven

Idk what it is im just anxious to find out :#
    edited February 2016
    "emo enim ipsam": for the acquisition

'Voluptas' means 'pleasure', but 'quita' I didn't find, unless it's 'quia', that means something like 'because/for/by'... Lol
    Legacy Photomode
    Hmmm thanks lol i still can't make out the rest :s
    Are you sure the words are rightly spelled?
    Legacy Photomode
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Well it has at least one latin phrase anyway. I can remember some from when I studied it in school... but not enough to be able to translate it in any meaningful way. :/ As for the rest of it... wouldn't have a clue!
    Something about 'keeping something (a tangible item) for perfect pleasure'... *shrug*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Yes same exact way it looks weird to me
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Well it has at least one latin phrase anyway. I can remember some from when I studied it in school... but not enough to be able to translate it in any meaningful way. :/ As for the rest of it... wouldn't have a clue!
    Something about 'keeping something (a tangible item) for perfect pleasure'... *shrug*

Thank you lol im so confused
    Just tried some more translators they picked up latin and creole ?
    Or maybe it's the 'tangible something' that is perfect and worth keeping? lol Sorry....school Latin has obviously been no practical use to me! :s Apart from the terrible memories of those terrible verb drills. omg

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited February 2016

Maybe try putting the sentence into a translator phrase by phrase?

(emo) enim ipsam quita voluptas
    sitb a odzuoit spernatur aut odzuoit aut fugit
    sed quia linasci
    consequun tur magni
    d lores eos nescinnt

Or maybe it's the 'tangible something' that is perfect and worth keeping? lol Sorry....school Latin has obviously been no practical use to me! :s Apart from the terrible memories of those terrible verb drills. omg

Lol ugh the memories of spanish classes. I spent a week in spanish 2 without ever taking spanish 1 lol and they wondered why i never spoke XD

Maybe try putting the sentence into a translator phrase by phrase?

(emo) enim ipsam quita voluptas
    sitb a odzuoit spernatur aut odzuoit aut fugit
    sed quia linasci
    consequun tur magni
    d lores eos nescinnt

Thank you i will try that when i get some free time
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2016
    He wasn't rude, in fact he was rather more tactful than he might have been; at least he tried to infuse a little warmth and humor into it to lighten it up. Why must people be so quick to lash out? I imagine he's sorry that he tried to help, even in a teasing way.

There are indeed some Latin words in there, but I suspect some of those things aren't words in any language, at least not a language than could be detected by any of the translators I used, or that resemble any language I'm familiar with.

I can't imagine what translators you were using, but I couldn't even FIND one that thought those words were French, Spanish, or German. And in fact, they are not.

This is the most complete translation I was able to find via the free online translators, based on the detection of Latin words:

"buy it for pleasure sitb a odzuoit keeping or odzuoit quit or fled. d values are great, but because linasci follow them nescinnt"

As you see, some of those are not even recognized as words at all, and if they are, they aren't Latin. Some of the words, such as "nescinnt" look like misspellings of Latin words, and if I insert the possible actual word into the sentence, it makes sense.

Even some of the translation above is just plain wrong. For instance, all the translators that would translate the sentence at all translated the word "spernatur" as "keeping," which isn't even close. Spernatur is the 3rd person present subjunctive of "spernere", which means spurn, despise, or reject, et al.

That is as much research as I'm willing to put in without a paycheck. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Latin with a lot of errors. You'll need someone who knows the language to be able to help you.

French and Spanish are both derived from Latin, German, not so much.

Also, where did you find it? It might help to find the meaning.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited February 2016
    [For the purchase / unimpaired pleasure /sitb a poured from recoil "fled;fly"/but because linasci/follow it great/(flowers;pain) eos nescinnt]

sitb=odzuoit/estonian or odzuoit=recoil/polish :
    linasci/itaian; (pronoun specific) :
    d lores=flowers/spanish or d lores eos= eos pain/spanish :
    eos/latin (goddess of dawn) :
    nescinnt/irish:

context and sintax would help, as well as its origin...
    5 seperate languages, most of which are latin and some of them are named specific nouns...
    If this is your language arts homework, your teacher hates you. alot! :/
    NVM THAT...

"BUT I MUST EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW ALL THIS MISTAKEN IDEA OF DENOUNCING PLEASURE AND PRAISING PAIN WAS BORN AND I WILL GIVE YOU A COMPLETE ACCOUNT OF THE SYSTEM,

O.o look familiar? written by cicero 45AD "DE FINIBUS BONORUM ET MALORUM" or "OF GOOD AND EVIL ENDS"

ENJOY B)@Simeggrolls
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
    edited February 2016
    Noooo how do you know that???? Spill. :|

@Vici0us_Virus >:) tell meeee

edited February 2016

Maybe he/she studied latin. :p Either way I think it's pretty cool he could "decipher" that. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Maybe he/she studied latin. :p Either way I think it's pretty cool he could "decipher" that.

lol probably... still waters run deep and all that. :)

come on @Vici0us_Virus tell us how you knew that!