March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never-Ending Loading Screens

So... I've had the game for over a year. I've started more families than I can remember, replaced lots, done a lot of building, etc. etc. But recently I cleared out most of the families in the game because I was starting a legacy challenge and I didn't want it to get all glitchy and slow on me (I play on a laptop with the graphics pretty high so I didn't want to risk anything).
I made the new sim and she ended up having seven kids. The game was running unbelievably well. It was letting me take all eight family members to a photo studio in Oasis Springs (they live in Willow Creek), allowing me to travel quickly to and from the hospital for births (like a 45 second- 1 minute loading screen MAXIMUM), events held at the house were going very smoothly. Basically, it was running like a dream.
Then I was like, "Oh, it's Saturday! Let's just send all the kids to the Willow Creek park so they can hang out with their friends and stuff." I set them up to travel and then clicked on the park, and then the loading screen started.
I knew it would take a while because the park is really big with a bunch of trees and plants and small details that it has to load. So I figured it might take a full minute to a minute and a half to load.
So as you can imagine I was pretty irritated when three hours went by and the game still had not loaded.
The plumbob was still spinning, the music was still playing, and those little tips were still flashing across the bottom of the screen. But after three hours, I finally decided that it wasn't going to load and I had to force the game closed with task manager.
I opened it up again today and the mother of the house tried to go on a date to another lot in Willow Creek. Only 2 Sims were traveling this time, and to a smaller lot, so I thought it might be better.
Nope.
An hour and a half later, I forced the game closed again.
Basically, what I'm asking is: why is this happening and how can I make it stop?
There isn't a lot in their inventories, I've checked already.

Comments

• charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Same problem here I don't dare let my sims out because im afraid of a century long loading screen, I have a newish computer as well.
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @charcoug good to know I'm not the only one! I hope that someone has a solution :/
  • charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    @Twoeta_Bird me two I wish my sims could visit the park or go to a night club!
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello.
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

If this isn't a new save game that you have just started with the new sim, then start a new save game file and see if that helps your issue.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps.
    Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Can you make sure you have removed your mods folder out and test the game again?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif