Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Realization

When you realize the Sim you plan to spend the rest of your sim life with could get culled at any second.

Comments

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    My one sim's girlfriend and child DID get culled shortly before I was going to have them move in together, lol.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm sorry Sara. Any sim I like gets saved to my library just in case of culling....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    When you realize the Sim you plan to spend the rest of your sim life with could get culled at any second.

I usually don't like to suggest mods to people randomly... (since some folks don't like to use them) but culling is a huge issue .. (I mean the game playing God and zapping sims into oblivion is pretty .. uncalled for. :/ )

This mod http://modthesims.info/d/551680 can stop it from happening. You can use it until they decide to fix it if you'd like to. (and Lord help me they better fix it.) If the game really can't handle that many sims.. I'd rather do the culling myself and delete random townies the game generates instead of it going for my main sims. xD
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Move them into a house so they're safe :tongue:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Move them into a house so they're safe :tongue:
    Don't worry, I moved them in right away :p
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    They can't get culled if they live in a house. Just townies get culled.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I thought they fixed it so that if one of your sims has a high relationship with someone they don't get culled.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm pretty sure if they're in a Played Household they can't get Culled, well it hasn't happened to me yet at least.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if they're in a Played Household they can't get Culled, well it hasn't happened to me yet at least.
    Yes, I believe that's how it works.

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    They can still be culled if they live in an unplayed house. My sim's husbands roommates were culled from their unplayed house and he wasn't because he moved in with her. This game generates so many unnecessary sims its pathetic.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I thought they fixed it so that if one of your sims has a high relationship with someone they don't get culled.

They'll be lower priority, but it can still happen if they aren't housed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Chushii58Chushii58 Posts: 49 Member
    Move them into a house and try playing with that house for just a few minutes. Save and go back to your main sim and the game shouldn't cull a "played" household. I'm not promising this will work but it seems to be the best option until culling is fixed.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I believe there is also a way to mark a household as played without actually playing them but I'm not sure how it's done since I've never done it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • KimvbeeKimvbee Posts: 68 Member
    I thought just moving them into a house made them safe! It has to be a played house?! BRB, gotta go open up a bunch of houses real quick...
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    My sims romantic interests get culled all the time. It's even happened on occasions where my sim has even given birth to their child.
    Gmmov8T.gif