Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone interested in helping out a fellow forumite?

kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
I've been playing S2 lately and suddenly thought it would be a neat idea to create the S4 semi-worlds as fully attached worlds—to mix things up a little. It would be challenging, and I think I'd enjoy tackling it to see how close I can get to matching it up.

The issue is I no longer have S4 on my computer and don't feel like going through the trouble to re-install it just for that purpose alone.

Soooo....

Anyone up for taking some Screenshots for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

What I'd like is some distance shots of each hood. Some close-ups would be helpful too. If anyone feels like going a step further, they could even take screenshots of the premade homes (inside and out), families (and traits), etc. (optional).

If I succeed at this project, I will share my maps (maybe even homes) in the S2 Creative Corner of this site for those who still play it and are interested in mixing things up a little.

Thanks in advance to anyone who'd like to participate.

EDIT: I will also give credit where credit is due. Honorary mentions will be mentioned ;)
Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    What a neat project! If you start a Sims 2 area topic for it, could you link to it here too? And are you looking mainly for built-up space, or everything for screenshots? (Not promising them from me, just checking. And keeping the topic active.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    What a neat project! If you start a Sims 2 area topic for it, could you link to it here too? And are you looking mainly for built-up space, or everything for screenshots? (Not promising them from me, just checking. And keeping the topic active.)

Thanks.

Yes. I was planning on linking it since I know some people play a combination of several of the games. I was hoping to keep everyone in the loop.

I want to re-create them as much as possible. So, even public areas are of interest to me, including names of lots, and sizes. I have a way to customize lot sizes that aren't vanilla to S2 (which wouldn't affect anyone who plays the game vanilla). I will also only be using vanilla items so anyone will be able to use it in their game. There will be some natural limitations, of course, but it will keep me busy since building has always been my favourite part of each game.

Lots and pre-existing houses and venues are also of interest to me. If I can build the entire worlds as they are in S4, I will offer two types of downloads. One will be maps only, the other with be a neighbourhood save file that is fully built. Sims will be added if anyone wants to take the time to include the sims of S4 and their traits, etc.

I would also like to remain completely transparent during my progress and will be showing the WIP. I think it will be interesting to watch for those who don't play it, but did in the past.

Maybe even @Rflong7 would be interested in joining the project to create a similar environment for S3, if she's interested. I just figured I'd call out to her since I know she loves building in S3, or anyone else that might be interested is more than welcome to take on their own version of the project. I'm not calling dibs on it.

It's just for fun, and I figured it will help mix things up a little.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited February 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

LOL. Thanks @scobre I was actually just in that thread and grabbing those shots a few minutes ago for reference and layout. Now all I need is some actual pics taken in those hoods. :)
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Hi, your project sounds like a lot of fun and I can't wait to see it all finished! Here, I don't know how helpful this is, but I found a link to some interactive maps of WC and OS, you can pick any of the lots and it gives you both a birds eye view of the neighbourhoods, as well as being able to look around in a sort of panoramic view.
    Here's the link, hope it helps! :)

http://www.simfans.de/specials/sims4_interaktives-special/
    Thanks @keylimepiesims

Every little thing will help. Greatly appreciate the link.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Thanks @keylimepiesims

Every little thing will help. Greatly appreciate the link.

No problem, and good luck! :)
    edited February 2016
    I saw these online.
    09-05-14_8-36nbspAM-2.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    06210920423004.jpg?w=1040
    Windenburg_Map_Select_3698546.png
    Newcrest:
    tumblr_npdvtpwaUO1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_npdvtpwaUO1sh6xelo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_npdvtpwaUO1sh6xelo3_1280.jpg
    new-neighborhood.jpg
    This is a cool fan made map:
    Port-Prominence-Area-Map1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    You can find all Sims from TS4 worlds and their traits in Sims Wiki btw.
    tenor.gif
    Thanks @Scobre That fan-made map is awesome. Gives me a great idea on how to get started with some mock-ups.
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    You can find all Sims from TS4 worlds and their traits in Sims Wiki btw.

Completely forgot about sim wiki. Great suggestion. Thanks.
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Thanks @Scobre That fan-made map is awesome. Gives me a great idea on how to get started with some mock-ups.
    Your welcome. Feel free to quote the creators of the images for the references. I just googled the images, so none of them are my own. The Newcrest one came with an Maxis announcement. Some come from the SimsVIP.