Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing style museum

I love Animal Crossing. And my favorite part of Animal Crossing - just like in Sims - is collecting. In AC, your town has a museum. As you collect your fish, bugs, dinosaur bones, and paintings, you bring them to the museum and give them to the curator. Your item automatically goes in its proper exhibit, and you can then go and look at the swimming fish in their tank, listen to the chirping bugs in their enclosure, and wander the completed dinosaur bodies, paintings and statues you've donated. There are little plaques under each telling you about the item and who donated it.

I wish there was something like that in Sims. I know there are player made museums and we can bring our items there for display. But I wish there was a more automatic one, like in AC. Any playable Sim can bring an item and it automatically goes to its proper display, with a plaque showing what Sim donated it. It would be more fun for rotational or generational players, you could donate as you find things, casually, no matter who finds it. I think it could also be fun to add the social interaction 'Brag about Museum Donations'.

The museum itself could have fun events like TS3 did. You could get a notification when a collection has been completed. Your Sims could go to a fancy unveiling ceremony opening that section of the museum to the public.

There are some really amazing museums in the gallery. But you still have to get your collectibles to the lot and place them all yourself. Would anyone else be interested in a more automatic collection museum?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    You probably could do it with the debug cheat. Making the collectibles decorate a museum.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I love Animal Crossing. And my favorite part of Animal Crossing - just like in Sims - is collecting. In AC, your town has a museum. As you collect your fish, bugs, dinosaur bones, and paintings, you bring them to the museum and give them to the curator. Your item automatically goes in its proper exhibit, and you can then go and look at the swimming fish in their tank, listen to the chirping bugs in their enclosure, and wander the completed dinosaur bodies, paintings and statues you've donated. There are little plaques under each telling you about the item and who donated it.

I wish there was something like that in Sims. I know there are player made museums and we can bring our items there for display. But I wish there was a more automatic one, like in AC. Any playable Sim can bring an item and it automatically goes to its proper display, with a plaque showing what Sim donated it. It would be more fun for rotational or generational players, you could donate as you find things, casually, no matter who finds it. I think it could also be fun to add the social interaction 'Brag about Museum Donations'.

The museum itself could have fun events like TS3 did. You could get a notification when a collection has been completed. Your Sims could go to a fancy unveiling ceremony opening that section of the museum to the public.

There are some really amazing museums in the gallery. But you still have to get your collectibles to the lot and place them all yourself. Would anyone else be interested in a more automatic collection museum?

I love AC too. This would be a great addition!
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited February 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    You probably could do it with the debug cheat. Making the collectibles decorate a museum.

*Oops, I misread your post. I don't want to debug the items, the fun for me is in actually getting all the items without cheats. But then I have to put the collections in a room, save them to my library, and the download them onto the museum lot for placement.
    I know. That's how I have been doing it. I was looking for a more automatic setup. You give items from your inventory, they automatically go in their spot in the museum, like in AC.
    Post edited by Piperbird on
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Oh my gosh! I love animal crossing. And I think that style of museum would be perfect for the sims. Just a side note, I would stick this in the ideas section.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
    Oh my gosh! I love animal crossing. And I think that style of museum would be perfect for the sims. Just a side note, I would stick this in the ideas section.

Oh, I'm sure it will get tossed there soon enough. I just wanted it seen before it was shoved in the 'no one cares what you think' section of the foums. :(

I know. That's how I have been doing it. I was looking for a more automatic setup. You give items, they automatically go in their spot in the museum, like in AC.
    Yeah that would be cool. I'm not sure if it works that way when you donate paintings to the museum. In the Sims 3 I think if you donated things, it would show up in the museum, but don't quote me on it. I could be wrong. I love Animal Crossing, so I think it is a cool idea. I guess best way to do it might be to design a room, put your collectibles in it, save it and add it to the museum.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Wow I can't believe it didn't occur to me to make an animal crossing museum. That would be really cool. I don't think the fossil exhibit would be interesting though.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    Someone actually made an Animal Crossing challenge, complete with an incredible Main Street, and the entire town. It is really wonderful.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2016

Haha but we don't have dinosaur fossils to put in the museum. Not that ever manged to have a complete museum after 2 years of having it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Haha but we don't have dinosaur fossils to put in the museum. Not that ever manged to have a complete museum after 2 years of having it.

I know, but there could be rooms or exhibits for all the things we do have in Sims.

I know, but there could be rooms or exhibits for all the things we do have in Sims.
    True but wouldn't you have to buydebug most of the things I don't think my sims have ever been to space and brought back any of the collectibles.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    We do have fossils at least in the Sims 4. I found an alien fossil the other day.

True but wouldn't you have to buydebug most of the things I don't think my sims have ever been to space and brought back any of the collectibles.
    [/quote]

Ugg, I actually got all 10 Aliens and all 4 Space Rocks just trying to get the UFO plant once. It took forever, but I completed three collections while just trying to complete the garden collection.
    edited February 2016

Ugg, I actually got all 10 Aliens and all 4 Space Rocks just trying to get the UFO plant once. It took forever, but I completed three collections while just trying to complete the garden collection.[/quote]Thats awesome and @Scobre wait we do? But it wouldn't be like making an entire dinosaur in the museum but its something. LOL Ok now why is the forum half quoting?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2016

Ugg, I actually got all 10 Aliens and all 4 Space Rocks just trying to get the UFO plant once. It took forever, but I completed three collections while just trying to complete the garden collection.
    Thats awesome and @Scobre wait we do? But it wouldn't be like making an entire dinosaur in the museum but its something. LOL Ok now why is the forum half quoting?
    LOL true, but it is like those little fossils like the egg fossil being displayed at the Animal Crossing museum. I still haven't completed my collections with Animal Crossing. It is taking years to do. XD Man it would be cool to get a travel in the past pack so Sims could dig for dinosaur fossils in the present, and explore the dinosaur world in the past. Congrats on your Sims collection. I don't think I've completed one yet except the eggs. XD I should with the rags to riches household I have going with Darren Dreamer.

Thats awesome and @Scobre wait we do? But it wouldn't be like making an entire dinosaur in the museum but its something. LOL Ok now why is the forum half quoting?
    LOL true, but it is like those little fossils like the egg fossil being displayed at the Animal Crossing museum. I still haven't completed my collections with Animal Crossing. It is taking years to do. XD Man it would be cool to get a travel in the past pack so Sims could dig for dinosaur fossils in the present, and explore the dinosaur world in the past. Congrats on your Sims collection. I don't think I've completed one yet except the eggs. XD I should with the rags to riches household I have going with Darren Dreamer.
    Oh well after 2 years I finally got TIY in my stupid town. That is how much I don't like shopping in AC LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I would love more collecting and more stuff surrounding the collecting in this game. I'm so tired of collecting the same things over and over again I really wish they would expand on what's available to collect even if I have to go to another location ala Granite Falls or Sixam/Space to get it.

There is a player made Animal Crossing challenge where you're building a museum on your property with the items you collect and also building your "village". Someone made a really cool custom build of the village from AC complete with a train. I know it's not what you were specifically looking for but since I know you're a Collect the Shiny type player like I am it still might be a challenge you'd be interesting in trying. You can find it HERE and even if you're not interested in the challenge you might be inspired by the build since I know you're also a builder.

I really need to see about getting one of the actual AC games for my DS I've never played but it does really seem like it's right up my alley gameplay wise.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I would love more collecting and more stuff surrounding the collecting in this game. I'm so tired of collecting the same things over and over again I really wish they would expand on what's available to collect even if I have to go to another location ala Granite Falls or Sixam/Space to get it.

There is a player made Animal Crossing challenge where you're building a museum on your property with the items you collect and also building your "village". Someone made a really cool custom build of the village from AC complete with a train. I know it's not what you were specifically looking for but since I know you're a Collect the Shiny type player like I am it still might be a challenge you'd be interesting in trying. You can find it HERE and even if you're not interested in the challenge you might be inspired by the build since I know you're also a builder.

I really need to see about getting one of the actual AC games for my DS I've never played but it does really seem like it's right up my alley gameplay wise.

I love their build, it is incredible. I wandered around it just shouting 'The police station!', 'The message board!', with ridiculous delight. Even if you are not interested in doing the challenge, the build is so worth having.

And if you've really never played an AC game, you are really missing out! I love any game where I can fish, and I love collecting. I remember my joy when Mitzi moved into my town. I worked so hard to do anything she wanted so she wouldn't move out!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    OP: i did this!! I make the lot generic first, and then i make it s museum.

It works almost perfect except for fish :/

I also love animal crossing :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    The only real downfall of the build, as someone who has played in it, is that in some places you do need to turn MOO on in order to place things in the museum. I think it's because they used it to place the train on the lot and it's intersecting into the back corner of the museum making things unplaceable without MOO turned on. But other then that it's an amazing build.

I will have to look into it. I don't have a 3DS so it will have to be an older one but I do love me some Collect the Shinies.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    The only real downfall of the build, as someone who has played in it, is that in some places you do need to turn MOO on in order to place things in the museum. I think it's because they used it to place the train on the lot and it's intersecting into the back corner of the museum making things unplaceable without MOO turned on. But other then that it's an amazing build.

I will have to look into it. I don't have a 3DS so it will have to be an older one but I do love me some Collect the Shinies.

You need MOO to place the build in your world at all, otherwise you lose the message board and the tree. All of the AC games are pretty similar, and fun. Each one just added a bit more to the ones before it. I didn't like the first hand held one as much as the other three, though.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I loved Animal Crossing too :). I think this is a great idea.
    I've thought a few times as I go collect things in this game.. usually when I'm not feeling like making any stories in my head that it does feel like someone put a little animal crossing in this game on purpose. Now you got me wanting to find the Nintendo or Wii that no one plays now and dust it off to play ;).
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I loved Animal Crossing too :). I think this is a great idea.
    I've thought a few times as I go collect things in this game.. usually when I'm not feeling like making any stories in my head that it does feel like someone put a little animal crossing in this game on purpose. Now you got me wanting to find the Nintendo or Wii that no one plays now and dust it off to play ;).
    Me to gee now I have to go check my Animal Crossing New Leaf town thanks LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    i loved being able to cross breed flowers in AC. It would be nice if something like that is added to Sims. Spicing is similar, but not quite the same.
    i loved being able to cross breed flowers in AC. It would be nice if something like that is added to Sims. Spicing is similar, but not quite the same.
    Do you now how to get more gold roses? I accidentally trampled over them the last time I checked my town LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641