Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Smooth Edges or Change Screen Size?

MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
Hello!

I just loaded up my TS2 game again and I can't figure-out how to change my screen size & 'smooth edges' is greyed out? Any advice on how to fix?
My Simblr: WaffleKone

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

You might need the Graphics Rules Maker for your game to recognize your graphics card. :)

http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

• MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Hmm...I did everything it said to do but when I loaded my game back-up the options still aren't there? I might need to wait for the hubby to get home to help :D I'm not the most tech savvy...
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hmm...I did everything it said to do but when I loaded my game back-up the options still aren't there? I might need to wait for the hubby to get home to help :D I'm not the most tech savvy...

Run it again, this is the only thing that saved my game. I changed my resolution with instructions how to edit the Graphic Rules SGR in program files which was familiar doing years ago. However, my card is so new since then it wouldn't let me change smooth edges. The utility you used does work so you might need to follow instructions again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.