Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There's finally a filter for custom content!

KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
It's about freaking time! And I hope this finally means my sims and builds won't register as being modded when they aren't!
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
Post edited by KayeStar on

Comments

• jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    tumblr_inline_o21c2xKyK11tfncgy_500.gif

I've wanted this for so long!!
    Mostly so I could easily and quickly find new CC I add, because I always immediately test out new items I download to make sure I actually like them or if I want to get rid of them
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    This is my favorite part of the patch! :) I hope that it means we'll be able to un-tick the modded box without having to take out our CC. :love:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • V1XENV1XEN Posts: 12 New Member
    I have followed the forums and sims since I started playing but this is my first forum post. Hope someone can help. I love this feature because I personally don't use CC and never did and don't plan on it so this does help. The thing is I have my own stuff that I made in my library telling me that it has CC in it. It seems to be just households not all but some.
  • SimsSinningSimsSinning Posts: 6 New Member
    I love the cc icons that came in the update, but did the icon have to be on the swatches too? I can barely see the patterns/colors that content creators design into the cc swatches.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ugh i havent updated yet :( can someone post pix?
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, there is a wrench on bottom of the CC items, and yeah, people are saying it is too big that they could not view what colors, etc on CC. I don't know about if it can be reduced to small size or something. Maybe let Gurus know and they will work on it for the next patch.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2016
    Can you delete CC from CAS now? I havent updated yet
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I hope they just change the wrench into a dot or something on a corner of the swatches if they're cc. :/ I can see how it'd be hard to see certain colors/patterns.
    cb165531d0d7023c55a25deee0060557.pngf98a9fcfbd3fb30776b60ea8aaf99a10.png
    Like it's alright on the left since they're just basic colors, but the right it's hard to see the patterns. :(

@ceejay402 I took some shots :)
    @Orchid13 I can't seem to find any way to delete them from CAS yet. :#
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    I hope they just change the wrench into a dot or something on a corner of the swatches if they're cc. :/ I can see how it'd be hard to see certain colors/patterns.
    Like it's alright on the left since they're just basic colors, but the right it's hard to see the patterns. :(

@SimGuruDrake Can you guys take the wrenches off the swatches please, and just keep it on the main picture? I (and others) feel that's a bit unnecessary.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TheMiningSlimeTheMiningSlime Posts: 11 New Member
    > @AquaSimmer1212 said:
    > Cement wrote: »
    >
    > I hope they just change the wrench into a dot or something on a corner of the swatches if they're cc. :/ I can see how it'd be hard to see certain colors/patterns.
    >
    > Like it's alright on the left since they're just basic colors, but the right it's hard to see the patterns. :(
    >
    > @ceejay402 I took some shots :)
    > @Orchid13 I can't seem to find any way to delete them from CAS yet. :#
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @SimGuruDrake Can you guys take the wrenches off the swatches please, and just keep it on the main picture? I (and others) feel that's a bit unnecessary.

> @AquaSimmer1212 said:
    >
    > I hope they just change the wrench into a dot or something on a corner of the swatches if they're cc. :/ I can see how it'd be hard to see certain colors/patterns.
    >
    > Like it's alright on the left since they're just basic colors, but the right it's hard to see the patterns. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @SimGuruDrake Can you guys take the wrenches off the swatches please, and just keep it on the main picture? I (and others) feel that's a bit unnecessary.

what if it is a recolor? and the person wants to find a non-cc version of that. that is why they do that.
    > @AquaSimmer1212 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

> @AquaSimmer1212 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

what if it is a recolor? and the person wants to find a non-cc version of that. that is why they do that.

No hun. The wrenches on the swatches. The little boxes with the colors and patterns.

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

thank you! and yuck!!!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    No hun. The wrenches on the swatches. The little boxes with the colors and patterns.
    I think they mean this:
    afa119a8a86b1a984ce3c680eab00c06.png
    Like some cc creators make recolors that are only shown in the swatches, where only that "color" of the item is considered CC. It's helpful, but the wrench is still too big.
    edited February 2016
    I think they mean this:
    afa119a8a86b1a984ce3c680eab00c06.png
    Like some cc creators make recolors that are only shown in the swatches, where only that "color" of the item is considered CC. It's helpful, but the wrench is still too big.

Yes thats what I (a lady ;)) meant lol

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Can you guys take the wrenches off the swatches please, and just keep it on the main picture? I (and others) feel that's a bit unnecessary.
    They could make the wrenches a fraction of the size so it doesn't block the picture as much.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    They could make the wrenches a fraction of the size so it doesn't block the picture as much.

I guess so. But do we really need them? Isn't the blue flag wrench enough?

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's not even about you can't see the colors it is even eye-hurting but who am I to say I don't even use CC :p
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

I don't know. I haven't seen the swatches myself in the game yet to see how they work. I really wanted to check if there is a trash bin option for them or not.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

I don't know. I haven't seen the swatches myself in the game yet to see how they work. I really wanted to check if there is a trash bin option for them or not.

I mean I'm not trying to nag, I swear. I just think the small wrenches covering the colors and such are unnecessary when we have the blue wrench flag.

Thanks for looking :) i really need to delete some cc
    21mbz47.jpg
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Good luck!! I wish I could do that. But there's no point when I'll just add like 10 more haha.

I mean I'm not trying to nag, I swear. I just think the small wrenches covering the colors and such are unnecessary when we have the blue wrench flag.
    Nah it's fine. I was just dealing with my mod folder, so I haven't launched the game today yet. XD I was taking out unnecessary mods. I think I have some CC hairs not working, so why I am curious if there is a trash bin for it in game or not.

Nah it's fine. I was just dealing with my mod folder, so I haven't launched the game today yet. XD I was taking out unnecessary mods. I think I have some CC hairs not working, so why I am curious if there is a trash bin for it in game or not.
    I think I have some shirts that don't work. And my CC folders are really organised. But since the game doesn't have the name of clothes in the game it would take forever to find the wrong ones.

Good luck!! I wish I could do that. But there's no point when I'll just add like 10 more haha.

I don't mind having it, but theres some stuff i really regret downloading. I used to download lots of realistic CC like in ts3 (old habits i guess), but then i decided the new art style looked odd with the realistic cc and i moved on to maxis match CC. The problem is that now i cant identify the broken cc and the realistic cc.
    21mbz47.jpg

I don't mind having it, but theres some stuff i really regret downloading. I used to download lots of realistic CC like in ts3 (old habits i guess), but then i decided the new art style looked odd with the realistic cc and i moved on to maxis match CC. The problem is that now i cant identify the broken cc and the realistic cc.

Like alpha hairs?