Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are having there 16 years of the sims .

Good job the Sims teem and maxis . It would be nice of them to give us toddler as a gift . Please thank you .

Comments

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Yes, Sims are having their 16th anniversary. It's amazing to think I've been playing this game so long.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Happy 16th, Sims! I've been playing Sims since 2005, so I'm a bit of a newcomer. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I've been playing since the beginning. And yes, toddlers would be a wonderful gift.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Happy birthday! :) I've been playing since 2002, which is quite a while ago. So many years of memories.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    I have been playing since Sims 1 came out! Have loved each and every version! Shortly after I started playing, I got my mom and my daughter to play too. They still enjoy it to this day!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    Since 2012 when I got the game, so much has actually changed because of the people I met through this game :p the Sims is something I'm very grateful for tbh! Not sure how I ended up with all the EP's, the entire Sims 3 Store, etc, as well, but... you know ;) these things happen!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Happy Birthday to the Sims! I've been playing since the very beginning and have loved each and every version. From PC, to console, Life Stories, TSM. Really looking forward to what 2016 will bring.
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Happy birthday Sims! I've played since TS1 and more or less grew up with The Sims through my teen years and can't imagine ever not playing it. Hope to be here in another 16 years talking about the Sims 8!
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Been playing since 2010!
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Here's a thought, since it's their birthday, maybe we should give them something, besides a hard time, lol
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Here's a thought, since it's their birthday, maybe we should give them something, besides a hard time, lol
    Nice idea, but.... nah! :D

Just give us toddlers already!!!!!

I am astonished at how long I've been playing sims for.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As I said in off-topic, Happy "Sweet 16th" Birthday

I technically started playing Sims around 2009, but never got into it as I was young and never interested me that much. Last November I'll say I officially started playing the game series.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I started playing in 2002 myself, so I've been playing since the first game and loving it. I really don't know if toddlers will be in the Sims 4 ever, but I wish they would.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    The reason there wasn't an update with anything in a patch today was because their anniversary is tomorrow...plus patch days are normally on Thursdays :) Happy birthday The Sims
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I started playing in 2002 myself, so I've been playing since the first game and loving it. I really don't know if toddlers will be in the Sims 4 ever, but I wish they would.

I do too, but I am sure as bad as people want them, if they can work it out we will get them. I miss the "Awwww" factor. They always tugged at my heartstrings!

It is hard to believe it has been 16 years though! I remember when I first got my kids to play it. I used it to help teach them time management and money management. My daughter loved it and did great. She balances time and money very well in life. My son, on the other hand, hated it and doesn't manage either well in RL. Hmmm.... That was from Sims 1 and Sims 2, though.
  • Options
    ctroihd1 wrote: »

I do too, but I am sure as bad as people want them, if they can work it out we will get them. I miss the "Awwww" factor. They always tugged at my heartstrings!

It is hard to believe it has been 16 years though! I remember when I first got my kids to play it. I used it to help teach them time management and money management. My daughter loved it and did great. She balances time and money very well in life. My son, on the other hand, hated it and doesn't manage either well in RL. Hmmm.... That was from Sims 1 and Sims 2, though.
    That cool you got your kids to play it. I got my brother and sister into it, but they no longer play it. My nephew wants to try it out, but he's not old enough yet so he'll have to wait a few years. Probably by the time the Sims 5 comes out, he will be old enough.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2016

Well that could work both ways - especially seeing that - we - the players of the game, has stuck with the game since it started - where most of the devs have came and gone and more took their place. That is sort of like congratulating the married spouses who have a total of 16 years of marriage under their belts - but not with each other - in a way, isn't it? But it is us who has been along with the whole ride all 16 plus years (I actually celebrate the 16 years this past November seeing I started with The Original Sims or Sims 1 as we call it - before the game came out as a Will Wright tester for that in November of 1999) - and I am still here. So Kudo's to us too seeing even the games creator is no longer with the game - just EA, the games publisher and many of us. LOL.

I sort of think they owe us the toddlers after all, don't you? Really where would the Sims be if like many games we tried it and then walked away? Even as much as Sims 4 often displeases me - I am still here, still trying to like it and at the same time still loving the earlier versions, as I want to love all of them. It has been a good friend to me for too long to just give it up because I can't come to terms with 4 as pleasantly as with all the previous version. So I keep trying. LOL. Toddlers would make a major difference to me anyway - even though it may not be the "thing" for everyone. For me it would make all the difference as long as they are done right and not like the enfant.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    @Writin_Reg I think they owe us a lot more than just toddlers. They owe the community to make the Sims 4 the best game possible and appeal to as many Simmers as they can. Anything less especially with how SimCity studios was dealt with won't do. Anyway happy 16 years again Maxis.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I think they owe us a lot more than just toddlers. They owe the community to make the Sims 4 the best game possible and appeal to as many Simmers as they can. Anything less especially with how SimCity studios was dealt with won't do. Anyway happy 16 years again Maxis.

LOL. Agreed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Happy birthday, Sims! This series has been so close to my heart since 2000! I remember being a little kid trying to formulate an argument to my mum as to why I needed the Hot Date EP and how it wasn't inappropriate.
  • Options
    LaurenHullLaurenHull Posts: 55 Member
    Oh wow, 16 years of sims? I can actually say I've probably been playing it that long too, give or take a few years. I remember playing it on the pc but also ps2! I actually have my ps2 version of The Sims.
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    LOL! I read your post above that the sims were celebrating 16 years and then I saw your profile picture of all the little sims carrying the protest signs and thought that was a pic of the event! Ha ha Ha! I doubt the two are connected but it definitely struck me for a bit that they were given the usual situation here on the forums. LOL!
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Can't believe it's been 9-10 years since I joined to series! Hope for it to last another 16!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    I've been playing since the beginning...when there were no toddlers...I don't give a flying hootinanny about toddlers...If they come the best part will be that everyone will shut up about that and start complaining about something else.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Wow can't believe that I have been playing for 16 years. Time sure flies when your having fun. Do hope they give us something, After all, all of us simmers is the reason it has been 16 years.