Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Undead With Benefits - Arc Three - UPDATED 11/14

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited February 2017
    Updating with an interesting side chapter, which also counts as the tour of the upgraded hideout.

Side Chapter - The Warning

OLr1qra.png
    I got you guys all dressed up as Feng goons! @pammiechick @CathyTea @anaitapeva @LadyLobster @Charliimai

bVtDUBy.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh we look baaaaad! I wouldn't want to mess with us!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Clearly Leda Langosta's arms are behind her head so she can pull lobster claws from her long hair and use them as makeshift shuriken. ...Not that that'd be particularly effective against vampires. Or anyone, really.

We look cool, but we're totally going to get our butts handed to us, aren't we? ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    Clearly Leda Langosta's arms are behind her head so she can pull lobster claws from her long hair and use them as makeshift shuriken. ...Not that that'd be particularly effective against vampires. Or anyone, really.

We look cool, but we're totally going to get our butts handed to us, aren't we? ;)

You'll see in the future chapters :)

Also, Update! :D

Chapter 11.1 - The Spice District

mGxnO6j.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

The Mad Bad Squad!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

The Mad Bad Squad!

Yup but I'm thinking @LadyLobster is right. We are going to get our plums kicked. :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I can definitely just get us all plummed just with my clumsyness, LOL! Can't wait to see it!
    edited February 2017
    Update: Short Story - The Grand Master

TJvxP08.png

I've been meaning to post this as an Undead Bites but it turned into a short story xD

EDIT: I've also been checking my site's stats lately. Seems like I've got LOADS of views from the Netherlands for some reason. Is someone binge reading? :lol:
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Lovely story! I like how you integrated Forgotten Hollow in your story!
    The new vampires in San Myshuno look like they will be a lot of fun, I like Archon.
    Thanks for reading @Keks_Milch ! :)

I'm now in the process of creating Lore pages for the world of my story :)
    Update: I added a Lore entry for the terms I've used so far in the story.
    Hey all, haven't posted in a while. Just gonna update you guys on things :)

I'll still be continuing the story, but I'm having difficulty with my current computer right now. Might focus on doing side stories for the meantime while I save up for an upgrade. I've also been busy with finding a new job and preparing for a trip to Korea next week (which should help a lot in getting ideas for Park's backstory).

Here's a little screenie I took right before my game crashed from loading too many sims at once:

52wO7ew.png
    Was wondering where you'd been, pronterus! Sorry to hear you've been having so many computer problems. :( I've missed your story, and I know I'm not alone! But life comes first--along with computer upgrades, ha. Good luck with the job search, and I hope you enjoy your trip (and the ensuing inspiration!). I know I'll gladly read any side stories you write. :)
    uduVcAP.png
    Look at those baddies...

So sorry about the computer but happy about your future travel plans. Sounds like fun! And hope you find the right job!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Good luck with the job hunt, and have fun in your travel too!
    I'm gonna be happy to read any short stories you can write while you save for the new computer. :)
    Thanks for your support guys :) It really means a lot.

I have lots of fresh ideas from my trip to Korea. Now I have a more solid idea of Park's backstory. I was also able to find a new job, so I'll have to adjust to it for a while before I can get back to writing. Thankfully, I got a job near my neighborhood at a game localization company as part of a quality control team. The pay's good, so I might be able to get a new computer within the year. :)
    Congratulations on the successful job search!! I hope you get that new PC soon.
    uduVcAP.png
    Update: Something unexpected happened and I got stuck with my old job. The company that I was applying for pulled a bait-and-switch on me, offering me a different position that I had absolutely no knowledge of and working hours that were disagreeable. I refused their offer even after they offered more money, so I'm still with my current job. I should be more careful when applying for other jobs in the future.

At least I'll be able to continue writing this story now with that out of the way. :) I've been reading this book called Just Write by James Scott Bell and it has inspired me to proofread and re-edit my whole story to patch up plot holes and solidify my characters' personalities. The home page even has a three-sentence pitch now, thanks to the book. :)

The pitch goes like:
    Dr. Domingo de Guzman, or “Doc” for short is a crime lord, vampire physician, and plasma fruit connoisseur who uses an abandoned soap factory as his base of operations to steal art and recover fragments of his lost memories.

When the arrival of a girl being chased by a radical vampire hunter sect comes knocking on his door, the Doc has to face the overzealous Pastor and his minions, feral vampires, and plumbers armed with silver wrenches, ready to take over Newcrest by force.

With the help of his accomplices; a ghost knight, a foodie-turned-vampire, and a foreign art student who barely speaks Simlish, they must find a way to save Newcrest’s vampire community from the Pastor’s threat as well as recover something that the Doc lost a long time ago.
    I just thought of a nickname for the Lim Bros. that Cherry might be able to use. Instead of just calling them the "Dumb Brothers," she can address them as the "Dim Brothers." You have "Dim Sam" and "Dim Sum," which becomes the "Dimsum Brothers." :D
    edited June 2017
    After a hiatus, a wild update appears!

Chapter 11.2 - The Lead

xABUHQJ.png

For those with cameos, you'll appear in future chapters, but not all at once since my computer can't handle too many Sims in one venue. :D
    You might have noticed my new avi of the Doc. I had it commissioned from a pretty good artist for a good deal :) I'm thinking of commissioning more from the artist to make more portraits of Antonio, Preston, and Park.
    That last guy looked a lot like that creepy George from Angel in the Darkness! **shudder**

I laughed at the description of Nobuya's blood.

Love the new avi!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg