Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Music - You want it? This is how

2...Next

Comments

• TooCute50TooCute50 Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi! I hope it ok to still post here. I am a noob I found this thread awhile back in lost it, glad 2 have u found again. I did the first part of what u guys said my prob is I have a vista . I cannot even find where my programs files r.can u help me? :oops:
  • 09290929 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Thank you so much for your answer! :)
  • Bezzie12Bezzie12 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Cheers mate you really helped!:D
  • Lady_BlitzLady_Blitz Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    T_Neumann wrote:
    Quite a few threads I found can't work out how to get custom songs being played instead of the likes of Dexter Freebish or young Dr Dre... it's really quite easy, heres how!

*Please note this will only work if you select 'custom music' , it appears there is no way to get to make custom radio stations*

Step One

Make sure you have mp3 files on your computer, they must be mp3, nothing else will work. If you need to convert, download a file convertor, there's many out there, the one I used was this: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Step Two

Don't like Dexter Freebish, or Ladytron? You need to delete them, notice that there's two custom music folders. There's one in 'my documents/Electronic Arts/The sims 3/ Custom Music' delete all the music out of that one. But that won't just do, because it will always load up the songs in the database. For the other music folder, you need to go to Program Files/TS3/GameData/Shared/Nonpackaged/Custom Music and delete all the songs you don't want on there!

Step Three

Simply copy and paste your mp3's into the custom music folder (the one in my documents) and away you go, when you select custom music on your sim's music system you will hear your own tunes. Enjoy :)

(Apologies to those who knew all this - probably most of you!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :-) :D:):mrgreen: :-o :wink:
  • NicoleandJesseNicoleandJesse Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    So that's why my iTunes files won't work, guess I have to re-download all my CD's and convert them to Mp3 files
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AndendanmarkAndendanmark Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Wow :O! Did exactly what you said :) All the music from TS3 is gone.. But why is it still playing it ? THat is only MP3 files in there.. Help me plz :O!
  • ashflowpow01ashflowpow01 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012

Dude how are we supposed to understand that!?!? :hunf:
  • LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited November 2012
    You just drag your MP3 files into the Custom Music folder.

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited November 2012
    You can actually change music file formats in iTunes which I'm sure you all have.
  • MagalyHMagalyH Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much for the custom music guide. :D I found this to be very useful. I knew that I was supposed to put my music in the custom music folder, but it didn't show up in the radio in my game. I never knew that the music files were supposed to be in .mp3 format. Also, thanks for mentioning the sound file converter. I love it right now.
  • esmeiscoolesmeiscool Posts: 51
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for this, was getting fed up of hearing the custom music channel :D
  • AshmoresHubbyAshmoresHubby Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    So I'm sorry to be Mr Awkward but I'm playing the game on a Mac and I don't know where the Mac equivalent of 'Program Files' is? I can do it all on PC, just still getting used to this! Can anyone help? :D
  • emoroibabyemoroibaby Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    :shock: I just use realplayer to download videos on youtube and convert and move them into the custom folder to sims music :D
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you sure this won't mess the game up and I can restore the files?
  • saskiiaasaskiiaa Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same issue: only 2 or 3 of the songs play and the rest are silent. I made sure they're mp3s, and the bitrate is at or below 320 kbps... I see no reason for it not to work.

I read (probably on modthesims) that sometimes songs just didn't want to play in the sims 2 either, for no reason. Maybe it has to do with file size too?

Also, as someone said earlier, the songs are muuuch quieter than the ones provided by the sims 3. XD Well, guess we can't have everything?
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much. I didnt know we had to delete from "Two" different files. Maybe now my music will work. :-) thanks
  • PrincessNellyStarPrincessNellyStar Posts: 17 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I've done this and my songs show up on the game, but they do not play. Is there a size requirement?
  • boredcom1boredcom1 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I did this few months ago and it worked perfectly, now today i went back on the game and it stopped working for some reason and i dont know why. PLEASE HELP! The songs are defintly mp3. And they are also from my iTines maybe thats the problem.
  • Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    Do not mistake Kbits/Second for file size. I am listening to files over 10mb in size that play fine.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! As this thread had been inactive for about 6 years and not that topical anymore, I'm closing this thread. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top