Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creepy Maid

Wow, it's been a while since I was on here last.

Anyway, so my sim family has two toddlers, Ruthie and Koby. They also have a maid, Grady Elfman. Grady has been the maid since before the kids were born and I've had no problems with him.

Until today.

So it started with him eating some ice cream from the fridge and my sim Connor, (his wife Kacey was at work, he stays at home), had to tell him to stop. I was annoyed but figured maybe he was just having a bad day.

So I went on with my game. But then I noticed that Ruthie was missing from the house. I checked out where she was and she was sitting outside crying, and Grady was just standing there looking at her, (with an... odd expression might I add). I noticed she had a moodlet that said "creeped out" and I immediately became alarmed.

The description said "ewww, Grady Elfman sure is acting creepy". I immediately had the father run outside, and pick her up. Then he fired the maid. I mean, this is sims so I doubt he did anything too bad, but I felt uncomfortable with him around and he clearly did something that scared Ruthie.

I'm curious though, if anyone has any idea what might have happened to trigger the moodlet. I've never had this happen before!
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've never had that moodlet in a child, only in adults. At those times, it was because someone had either done a heat of the moment kiss, or tried to do a regular kiss, without working up to it with other romantic interactions. So probably whatever Grady did was something he would normally not be allowed to do with a child he hadn't interacted with before, like maybe snuggle the toddler.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    That's Grady's revenge!
    You should've let him eat some ice cream.

That has never happened to me as well. I would've fired him, too.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Sims most often get that moodlet when other Sims try to do romantic interactions too soon or repeat the same interaction too many times. Chances are good that Grady was just repeatedly attempting normal interactions with the toddler that weren’t yet allowable if they aren’t considered friends.

However, you also said Grady was eating ice cream and afterwards was looking at the toddler with an odd expression. Did Grady eat Brain Freeze a la Mode? When a Sim sees or interacts with someone who has eaten Brain Freeze a la Mode, they will also get the creeped out moodlet, so that’s another possibility.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The maid also could have had the Insane trait and been talking to themselves. Not sure that really triggers anything, but it sounded good. I'm sure whatever it was, it was all perfectly innocent. Maids can be strange, but they aren't really there to mind the children. Just clean up after them. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    Sims most often get that moodlet when other Sims try to do romantic interactions too soon or repeat the same interaction too many times. Chances are good that Grady was just repeatedly attempting normal interactions with the toddler that weren’t yet allowable if they aren’t considered friends.

However, you also said Grady was eating ice cream and afterwards was looking at the toddler with an odd expression. Did Grady eat Brain Freeze a la Mode? When a Sim sees or interacts with someone who has eaten Brain Freeze a la Mode, they will also get the creeped out moodlet, so that’s another possibility.

Oh, he did eat the brain freeze a la mode, I thought that was just ice cream. That would explain it! Why Ruthie was crying, I don't know, maybe she couldn't reach a toy or something. Ah well, he still creeped her out so I'll just have him stay fired for her. That makes sense though, thanks everyone for your help!
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
    ARRensch wrote: »

Oh, he did eat the brain freeze a la mode, I thought that was just ice cream. That would explain it! Why Ruthie was crying, I don't know, maybe she couldn't reach a toy or something. Ah well, he still creeped her out so I'll just have him stay fired for her. That makes sense though, thanks everyone for your help!
    Yeah, Brain Freeze a la Mode has a chance to turn Sims into zombies, so that's plenty creepy! And I'd let him stay fired too; unless you change his traits, Grady, like many Sim maids, is a klepto. :lol:
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member

Yeah, Brain Freeze a la Mode has a chance to turn Sims into zombies, so that's plenty creepy! And I'd let him stay fired too; unless you change his traits, Grady, like many Sim maids, is a klepto. :lol:[/quote]

I didn't know they were kleptos O.O
    But I've never seen them rob or take anything...
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Brain Freeze a la mode? I learn something new everyday...
    Modsey wrote: »
    Yeah, Brain Freeze a la Mode has a chance to turn Sims into zombies, so that's plenty creepy! And I'd let him stay fired too; unless you change his traits, Grady, like many Sim maids, is a klepto. :lol:

I didn't know they were kleptos O.O
    But I've never seen them rob or take anything...
    Haha, yep, many of them are. Other service sims, like babysitters, often have the klepto trait as well.

Well, Grady did steal the OP’s ice cream! :lol: I rarely hire maids in my games so I haven’t seen any of them pocket anything myself, but others have reported that they do sometimes steal objects.
  • cheymatcheymat Posts: 46 Member
    That is really strange, though I would have let him eat the ice cream. I think most maids eat because it is 'lunch time'. If you have ever noticed that when your sims go to work, their hunger bar will go up (if you work in a rabbit hole). That signifies that they have 'eaten lunch'. I think that is why the maids eat out of the family's refrigerator, so I just let them.

I do agree with firing him for creeping out Ruthie. That's just...creepy.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    When I first saw this topic, I thought your maid was staring into the windows or something like that.

window_zpseqw2prn3.jpg

Mine was just a routing issue, but man it was still creepy! :scream:

BTW: thanks for the warning about the Brain-Freeze a la-Mode
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    cheymat wrote: »
    That is really strange, though I would have let him eat the ice cream. I think most maids eat because it is 'lunch time'. If you have ever noticed that when your sims go to work, their hunger bar will go up (if you work in a rabbit hole). That signifies that they have 'eaten lunch'. I think that is why the maids eat out of the family's refrigerator, so I just let them.
    The game is supposed to take care of Service Sim's basic needs without them having to animate their eating (using the bathroom, doing fun and social activities, etc.). I'm not an unreasonable boss, but sorry when a maid does something like stopping and eating in the middle of their shift, they are goofing off.

But I usually let them as well. Even if they haven't lifted a finger to clean the house since they arrived, when they leave and charge their daily rate a lot of basic things in the house just instantly clean themselves so it's always an improvement (from what I see) compared to when they walked in. The beds may not get made and the laundry doesn't get done that way, pretty sure the leaves don't get raked though I think already raked piles will get cleaned up as will dead plants. I've never had dishes left undone or seen bathrooms stay dirty unless there is a plumbing malfunction or I've left internal doors locked after they finish their shift.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    One time I had a creepy maid. My Sims were at least a one star celebrity, I believe, and every time the maid was on duty - he would just watch them sleep when they slept in.
  • Trinsim_3314Trinsim_3314 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just had a maid come to my sims house to clean and right when he was leaving he just took some ice cream out of the sims fridge and set it on the counter. These sims have an ice cream maker I figured it was left overs. But then I saw the name brain freeze a la mode. And here we are lol I was just going to make my sim eat it good thing I did not lol