Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi,

Yet another beautiful teaser :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guE6Wzx74SQ

I just............................I just can't................................................................... I just don't understand what is going on. Freeplay gets this and we get..... half baked stuff.......... *cries* I know it's not 100% comparable but.....still.

Plus apparently it's in their contract that they can use any song Maxis creates (at least in the trailers) for TS which is beyond saddening since TS4 which is the current main title ends up by not having any "exclusive" songs. I guess the only thing TSFP can't do is use artists simlish covers that Maxis does for their music.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Apparently Freeplay is very profitable for EA. So it needs such new things for new quests to keep people playing (and paying).
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just............................I just can't................................................................... I just don't understand what is going on. Freeplay gets this and we get..... half baked stuff.......... *cries* I know it's not 100% comparable but.....still.

Plus apparently it's in their contract that they can use any song Maxis creates (at least in the trailers) for TS which is beyond saddening since TS4 which is the current main title ends up by not having any "exclusive" songs. I guess the only thing TSFP can't do is use artists simlish covers that Maxis does for their music.

actually, it demands less effort to make things to freePlay than to the sims 4. one is a mobile game, the other one is a PC game.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
    barraakeno wrote: »
    Hi,

actually, it demands less effort to make things to freePlay than to the sims 4. one is a mobile game, the other one is a PC game.
    I partly agree. But not really with your reason anyway. Programming a game takes the same time for PC and mobile devices if the game has the same size on all platforms. But this isn't usually the case yet because most mobile devices yet have less memory and a weaker processor than PCs.

Anyway their are fewer interactions for a sim in Freeplay than in TS4 and sims are also less detailed in Freeplay. Therefore you are still right that it doesn't take as much time. The quests in Freeplay are also much easier to program than all the detailed interactions and ways of modifications which are included in TS4.

There are other games which are completely identical in the versions for mobile devices and for the PC. But of course such games aren't free and they will usually only run on the very newest and most powerful mobile devices.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    Hi,

Actually, and you start a sentence with a capitol, I said "I know it's not 100% comparable". :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Hi,

Beautiful, hardly. She reminds me of the sims from Sims 1. That's how bad the graphics are to me in FreePlay.

sunman502 wrote: »
    Hi,

Beautiful, hardly. She reminds me of the sims from Sims 1. That's how bad the graphics are to me in FreePlay.
    The pre-made sims have never been beautiful in any of the Sims games (with very few exceptions). Apparently they have always thought that it was more fun to make ugly sims for all the games ;)
    @sunman502

Minecraft is ugly but a lot of people have fun with it :p
    I wasn't saying that people won't play FreePlay because of how bad it's graphics look. I was only speaking my opinion on how bad it looks. But yeah with the stuff that I have read about Sims FreePlay has. I'm pretty certain that a lot of people are having fun with the game.

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hi,

Freeplay trailers are the most staged trailers in Sims history. Nearly everything you see in them is nothing how they appear in-game.

Go look at the shopping mall trailers, and then videos of gameplay.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind the rudimentary appearance of the sims. :) It's not like I can get too close to them anyway, and I don't play a game just for graphics. I'm looking forward to the new quest!! :D Quite enjoying the game, especially exploring the worlds of others and seeing all the awesome stuff they've earned and collected over the years.

Update in progress! :)
    Post edited by Jessa_Dakkar on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I was told that freeplay got the tropical romantic getaway today with an update.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited February 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Hi,

Freeplay trailers are the most staged trailers in Sims history. Nearly everything you see in them is nothing how they appear in-game.

Actually I'd say The Sims 4 is staged. Look at Get To Work, showing people buying and eating at bakeries, yet that's not possible in game. Also the renders they use to promote the DLC is staged.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @aws200 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Hi,

Actually I'd say The Sims 4 is staged. Look at Get To Work, showing people buying and eating at bakeries, yet that's not possible in game. Also the renders they use to promote the DLC is staged.

Nope, it is possible if you visit an NPC bakery it's just not possible if you run your own.

Renders are Renders and are always staged because they are artworks based on the game, not clips of the game.
    However, everything shown in the Sims 4 trailers is able to be reproduced in-game.

Yet a lot of what is shown in Sims Freeplay trailers is not how it looks in game, which is fine because it's free, but people getting excited over it and saying "why doesn't 4 have this???" don't know how simple it is in the game.
    Can't own your own bakery in FreePlay? Well that's a shocker, Sims 4 has something that FreePlay doesn't! :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Why have they got the sims named in it if it's by somebody else though? even the updated version of the name is the same style of the sims4!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited March 2016
    Can't own your own bakery in FreePlay? Well that's a shocker, Sims 4 has something that FreePlay doesn't! :)

True though the sims 2 bakery's are better for me <3

The sims 4 one does have better recipes than the sims 2 B)

I wish some of the free play ones were in 4 though :(

marcel21 wrote: »
    Why have they got the sims named in it if it's by somebody else though? even the updated version of the name is the same style of the sims4 and the game as styles from the sims 3 too!

Hi,

Its some of the faces and make up ones that are bad. If they just improve them I would be happy but its not all about looks in the sims game either lol!