Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sentimental Items

One thing that I really want to see that I think hasn't done before is the ability to attach "Sentiment Buffs" to items. Say if your Sim remembers themselves having their first date with the person they're married to and kissing on the bench, everytime they see that bench, there's an interaction called "Reminisce About Past" and they could get a happy/flirty moodlet. And a Sim sees a chess table that they used to play chess on with their now deceased grandparent, if the reminisce there, they could get a sad moodlet from remembering their dead grandparent. It could be completely up to the player about whether or not to attach sentiment, and whether or not your Sim will remember. It would really add more detail and life to the game.
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Love this :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes. This is brilliant.

We can make our Sims think about memories right now and it changes their mood, but items would be so much better for that.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello. :)
    Your idea sounds very nice!
    You may like to move your thread to the Sims 4 Ideas Corner section of the forums. You can do that by pressing the gear wheel on the top right hand side of this thread. The gear wheel is on the right hand side of the page on the same line where the title of the thread is.It is just above the first post in the thread.Click edit, then change the location of your thread under the title of your thread.
    The Ideas Corner section of the forums is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello. :)
    Your idea sounds very nice!
    You may like to move your thread to the Sims 4 Ideas Corner section of the forums. You can do that by pressing the gear wheel on the top right hand side of this thread. The gear wheel is on the right hand side of the page on the same line where the title of the thread is.It is just above the first post in the thread.Click edit, then change the location of your thread under the title of your thread.
    The Ideas Corner section of the forums is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner

Thanks for recommending that, but wasn't it already in the Ideas corner. I chose Ideas when I created the discussion.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    0Chloe wrote: »
    Yes. This is brilliant.

We can make our Sims think about memories right now and it changes their mood, but items would be so much better for that.

I know. It would make it much easier and more accessible to attach emotions to items rather than taking a screenshot, searching for it, making it a memory, then going through the screenshot manager again to look for it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    This sounds very cool. I don't know if it's possible, but if it is it would be a lot of fun. It would add a lot to the game.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah like the little rose in a vase. that Sims get from having good dates
    If a sim views that rose, they will feel different things.
    Like as if the rose was given to them by their partner, and the partner died they might shed a tear, but smile, for the good memories.

and if some items held tension sims would have a melt down.even in just the house themselves, like if a Sim left the family with bad vibes, Like disowning or a harsh disagreement death may still linger in the room, even if peace has been made. going back to the scene may bring feelings.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah like the little rose in a vase. that Sims get from having good dates
    If a sim views that rose, they will feel different things.
    Like as if the rose was given to them by their partner, and the partner died they might shed a tear, but smile, for the good memories.

and if some items held tension sims would have a melt down.even in just the house themselves, like if a Sim left the family with bad vibes, Like disowning or a harsh disagreement death may still linger in the room, even if peace has been made. going back to the scene may bring feelings.

I think an item that was owned by an ex could either bring up sadness or angry moodlets depending on how volatile the breakup was.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Signed
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love this idea! Bravo and I think it would be a great addition!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    I love this idea! Bravo and I think it would be a great addition!

Thanks! I would just need to figure out how to attach Sentiment to an item. I think it would have to need X amount of interactions using it, or interactions around it, then a Sentumental Buff could be attached by the player if they choose to.
    xyIcMqt.png