Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using Used Copies?

3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
I was talking with someone where I work about The Sims and I mentioned how I've never played Sims 2. They offered to give me their copies (Base Game plus a few of the EPS) since they don't play it anymore and it's just sitting gathering dust. These are fully used copies where the product codes have been used and I know on some games that can lead to issues when trying to install them on different computers. My question is will I be able to play them as used copies or will it just end in frustration to even try?
~ ~ ~

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

There shouldn't be any problems with sharing The Sims 2 on more than one computer. I have it installed on my desktop and laptop. :)

Thing is... I don't know if the base game will work on Win10. I have them but was using the Deluxe edition which was newer than the main base game.

And if you get it to work don't forget about the Graphic Rules Maker to get it to recognize your graphics card. :)
    Why not try and get it by asking Customer support? Might take a few times... but it's worked for a lot of others.

Good luck either way and I hope it works for you. :mrgreen:
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I believe they actually have the bundle pack that came with the Deluxe Edition and Freetime (which was what caught my interest because it's less for me to buy later if I want to fill in the collection) but I'll double check. I'm still using Windows 8 though.

I think about doing that off an on but it seems like such a pain to jump through hoops to try and get it this late in the game. I wish they would offer the UC again to those of us who waited a little bit to get Sims 4. But oh well it's not like this way is costing me anything either lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @3KNPen

You could still try for UC many players are still being given the collection even today, if you take a look through the following thread it will give you some ideas and inspiration :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows#latest
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @Rflong7 the original base game will work on Windows 10, I have it along with all the eps and sps. No bonuses or packs or deluxes or anything here :p

@SPARKY1922 I remember reading in another thread that EA won't give it to just anybody unless they have like the base game at least, or something. Maybe that was just one unlucky person I don't know.

@3KNPen I installed all of my discs on my laptop to make sure everything worked before I uninstall them from my death-bed-dino-pc and haven't ran into any problems yet having them installed on both. It should work just fine. But there's so many wonderful people here that would be willing to help should you run into any problems.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I tried to run from used disks though they were mine from the old computer and it diddn't work out very well though UC is installed now and it works well though I've got it stuck in Windowed mode and find that easier to get the shots using print screen and Paint to save the picture.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I was talking with someone where I work about The Sims and I mentioned how I've never played Sims 2. They offered to give me their copies (Base Game plus a few of the EPS) since they don't play it anymore and it's just sitting gathering dust. These are fully used copies where the product codes have been used and I know on some games that can lead to issues when trying to install them on different computers. My question is will I be able to play them as used copies or will it just end in frustration to even try?

The disks should work, without the need for Origin, with Windows 10 just fine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Sure. Don't attempt to register, though. You might also get in troubles if you attempt to add them to the Ultimate Edition.
    The Sims 2 was a stand alone game.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. Finally got the disks from my friend today (The Freetime/Deluxe Combo and Seasons) and got it installed. It's running beautifully on my Windows 8 computer. Still trying to figure things out but it's been fun so far.

Next up will slowly be trying to fill in all the other stuff I'm missing (probably starting with either University or Apartment Life)

Thanks again everyone!
    ~ ~ ~
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    The game truly is at its best with all of the eps. Some sps are questionable but still fun to collect :blush: