Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• Options
    YaraZenYaraZen Posts: 97 Member
    floating glass house looks amazing! Love the crisp, clean and futuristic look, it works so well, the colours, the objects and how you placed everything. :)
    Showcase-thread: YaraZen's Creations
    Apologies for any mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @StSciurus ! :)
  • Options
    Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    Umm wow! The glass house is suuuper impressive. Probably one of the best builds I've seen.
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Congrats on the maxis fav and so well deserved your glass house looks amazing
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much @YaraZen @pronterus and @Cbear13 ! :) I admire all of your work, so your kind words mean a lot to me! And welcome to the forums @Vidal98 ! Thank you for your nice comments and I hope to see your work posted on the forum in the future. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Congratulations on your Floating Glass House being faved by Maxis, it's an amazing home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, truly spectacular! Love how everything is glass! The skylight trellis looks great too, even the curved ones. Your landscaping is very Sci-Fitastic! Love the idea on using alien plants and even the robot lamp! The water feature adds a great touch too! And your interior, so cool! Love the light blue color you used, truly refreshing!
    I already added this to my faves too! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Thank you @RyeCris16 for your nice comments and the fav! :)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    I would have loved to see more of the Meadows. I really liked the curb appeal of the front of the house. I also know what you mean when it comes to the Gallery photo covershot being on the wrong side, I had one that did that. You might consider putting it on another 30X40 lot where the front will show when you upload it to the Gallery.

It definitely deserves more downloads and favs than it got. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching for new builds in the future from you.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    @StSciurus I love Sciurian Ultra Modern. Beautifully done. I faved and downloaded it. I also shared it on my Facebook page. You definitely deserve more attention to your work than you're getting. Great Job!
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    That's so kind of you to say, @fidlerten ! :) Thank you for the favs, too. It is nice to be recognized now and then, but mostly I just like to build. I look forward to seeing more of your work on the forums and gallery, too.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Floating Glass House is a truly amazing build, the structure is very unique, intricate and very cleverly designed. I also love the lighting effects in the pool and the alien plants which add colour and further enhance the build. The interior design is as beautiful as the exterior with a very gorgeous colour scheme throughout :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    I might be kinda late but congrats on the Maxis Fave!
  • Options
    masajo wrote: »
    I also love the lighting effects in the pool and the alien plants which add colour and further enhance the build.
    Thank you so much, @masajo , for your generous comments! This is the first build that I really experimented with lighting effects. There is so much in this game and I am constantly learning! :)

And thank you, too, @Vidal98 ! Your good wishes are very much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @StSciurus congrats on the Maxis Fave your floating glass house looks so amazing and I love how you do the lighting effects and those round rings like It's taking off and your other builds are fabulous also. :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @chips46 ! I feel lucky to be in the company of wonderful builders like yourself. :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    YAY Congrats on the Maxis fav! How exciting! <3:D
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @yanti68 ! :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis Fave, StSciurus! Floating Glass House is so Creative and unique. The design is Awesome and I love the pretty blues and whites for the interior. So Ocean-y! :blush:<3
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats on your Maxis fav! So well deserved as your glass house is stunning!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Thank you for your kind words, @WrathofCath ! :) The color scheme was pretty much determined by the robot lamp, which inspired me to create a futuristic house in the first place!

And many, many thanks to you, too, @lisa17ann for stopping by! :)
  • Options
    I just finished a house for @steskens interior design challenge called Cozy Modern.

04-19-16_30624nbspPM.png
    04-19-16_105414nbspAM.png
    04-19-16_33125nbspPM.png
    04-19-16_105625nbspAM.png
    04-19-16_105726nbspAM.png

I had a difficult time with the patio lighting and ended up doing something much simpler. :/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cozy Modern is very nice! :) The slanted roofing looks great! The type and placement of the windows in the build looks nice. The flowers look very nice placed on the edges of the front corner walls and the plants, tree and rocks feature on the corner of the build looks great. Very nice pool and outdoors dining back patio! The hedging looks nice bordering the patio. The plants on the corners of the patio add nice looks to the area. Sims will have fun diving into and swimming in the pool, and enjoy eating meals poolside at the umbrella covered table. They will enjoy listening to music through the wall speaker whilst spending time on the patio. The bar counter nook is great! The drinks display shelves look great on the wall in the nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the edge of the pool having a drink from the bar. Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening box. The interior windows art nook is nice. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there with sunshine coming in through the windows on to them. The table looks nice with the books, statue and rabbit on it. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen. The white tiling of the walls gives a nice look to the room. The pears wall picture, the wall knives and the hanging pans are nice kitchen touches in the room. The sketch pictures on the wall add to the nice look of the room. The fridge nook is great. The books look nice placed on top of the fridge.
    The home is very nice :)
    I read that you were having issues with lighting on the patio. Perhaps you could ask BryonyRae about the issue on the Builders feedback thread?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-4-14-16#latest
  • Options
    Thank you again, @rosemow ! :) I have just asked Cbear13 about the issue of the lighting and will see what she has to say!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    lol Love the picture of your cat, just a subtle hint there. :D StSciurus congratulations for your Maxis fav of your wonderful futuristic build Floating Glass House the architecture is amazing. I love the blue lighting throughout the interiors, the decor suits the build perfectly. :) Folly
  • Options
    follyfoot wrote: »
    lol Love the picture of your cat, just a subtle hint there. :D

Thank you for stopping by, @follyfoot ! :smiley: My cat Ciuffa is a little princess and pretty much rules the apartment. :wink: