Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @RyeCris16 , for visiting my thread and for your kind comments. I really appreciate the favs! :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    What a Lovely showcase! Your builds are so varied yet equally gorgeous. I did the same thing with my first build in S4, lol. :p I had the entire build done and when I looked at the Gallery shot, I found it was sideways. I had to hunt for a solution on Google to help, hahaha :p Your moderns both have such wonderful shapes and are very nicely done on the interiors. Your starter is adorable! It's tough trying to keep the cost down. :s
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    That's an awesome starter home @StSciurus ! It uses great color schemes :)
    Thank you, @WrathofCath , for visiting my showcase thread! :) I really appreciate your kind comments.

And nice to hear from you, too, @pronterus ! Your observations are always encouraging. :)
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    This is a wonderful showcase! I think my favourite of the homes you shared is the Sciurian Ultra Modern, it's just stunning! Great job! :blush:
    Thank you so much for visiting my showcase thread, @vethesims . :) I appreciate your kind comments, especially coming from a builder I much admire!
    I've finished my New York Brownstone townhouses and uploaded the lot to the gallery. Here are a few images:

NYBx1_1.png
    NYBx6.png
    NYBi1.png
    NYBi8.png
    NYBr2b.png

And here is a Slideshow with more images.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    New York Brownstone is Fabulous! I Love the architecture for the exterior. Those two upper decks look Gorgeous! I would love to sit out there and veg. The pool area and gardens are so pretty and the interior for both apartments are equally warm and inviting. Nicely done! :blush:
    Thank you so much, @WrathofCath ! :)
    Awesome townhouses! I like the fireplace area. The exterior also looks inviting. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded your New York Brownstone Apartments build. :) I will post here some of what I wrote on the WIP thread and add a little more too. Very nice exterior design of the build! The windows look nice how they are placed in the build and the roof trimming looks very nice. The plants look very nice either sides of the front steps. The flowers in the side garden look very pretty! Very nice pool patio area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. The plants and trees look very nice in the outdoors areas. The layout of the interior of the build looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the townhouses ! The living room is very nice! The fireplace sitting area looks nice with the armchairs either sides of the sofa. Sims will enjoy chatting there in front of the fire. The plants are nice touches of nature in the corner of the room. Nice windows chess area for to have fun playing chess with the sunlight coming in through the windows. It looks very nice the type of and placement of the windows in the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed in the room. The books and the basket of eggs are very nice touches placed on the top of the upper cabinet. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchenwindiws whilst preparing meals. The circles floor rug gives a great look in the room! Very nice design of the other townhouse kitchen too. The cabinets look nice how they are placed there and the hanging pans, knives and utensils on the walls are great kitchen touches. The brown circles flooring look nice in front of the stove. Very nice family room! The colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. Very nice music nook area! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa in front of the fire listening to music from the piano. The white circles are a nice touch under the piano, and the red colour of the statue on the table and the display cabinet adds a very nice look to the room. Very nice windows dining area! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst eating a meal at the table . The green flowers on the tabletop are nice touches of nature there, and complement well with the wall texture well. The home cinema room looks great! Sims will enjoy watching movies on the screen there.
    The build is very nice! :)
    Thank you again, @rosemow , for your thoughtful commentary! :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    It is great that you finished New York Brownstone Townhouses! :smiley: It is a fabulous build! :smiley:
    I already commented most of the details from my WIP thread, now onto the rest. The chimney adds a nice touch. The spa building looks very relaxing too! It would be very lucky for Sims to live here, even with that urbanic feel!
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your modern builds are very nice. Especially the ultra modern one. You should build more traditional builds too because they are equally nice. I like especially the browstone house. Good job! :)
    Thank you @pronterus ! Fireplaces are a good thing—especially during a New York winter! ;)

Thank you @RyeCris16 for the fav! :) Most New Yorkers would be lucky to have a whole brownstone to themselves, let alone a spa and workout building. ;)

And thank you for your lovely comments @yanti68 ! :) I tend to gravitate toward modern builds; traditional ones are a bit of a struggle unless I have a real life example to inspire me. I am in awe of builders such as yourself who seem to do both so effortlessly!
  • celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    Yay! I finally found the NY Townhouse and its builder. I’ve actually been searching for this thread for some time since I had seen/heard that someone was building a NY brownstone and I’m glad I came upon your thread just in time to see it completed. I actually live in a NY Victorian brownstone (not as posh or as big as this one, hehe) and I am surrounded by other brownstones, so I really wanted to see this lot. Let me tell you right now, this build is 100% accurate. You must have done tons of research, StSciurus. There are many houses like this, both by Prospect Park in Brooklyn and by Central Park in Manhattan. I’m telling you, this house could fit side-by-side with the houses on Prospect Park West in Brooklyn, or 5th Avenue in Manhattan (in case you care to google either of them, maybe you already have, judging by this house. :) )

There are so many wonderful things in this build that I just love. The front of the townhouse is beautiful and looks exactly like the architecture I see around me every day. There are also a bunch of little touches that make this build authentic. I especially enjoyed the fire escapes in the back. You see them everywhere on NY brownstones. And I think the spa in the backyard is great. A lot of fancy condominiums are starting to put spas in their buildings, so it is not at all uncommon for the wealthy to have private spas just for their use in their homes.

As for the inside of the house, I love how you decorated the different apartments. The more traditional, Victorian apartment was spot-on, especially with the wooden arch-doorways leading from room-to-room and the rugs and the windows with stained glass inserts and the marble fireplaces. Really, it’s like looking at a picture of a restored brownstone. You couldn’t have made it more accurate if you tried. And the modern apartments are also just wonderful. Many people tend to renovate the interiors of their brownstones in a similar style, with the exposed brick and wrought-iron staircases. Gah, it’s all so perfect! I could go on and on and just praise this build forever.

In short, you did an excellent, excellent job, StSciurus. All your effort, time and hard work definitely paid off. I hope you continue to create builds like this. You certainly are talented enough to!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you @celticbard ! I happen to live in NY too, though in an apartment building in Morningside Heights. I've seen many, many brownstones and love the look. Thank you for your kind comments. :)
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    @StSciurus wow it turned out really good :smiley: I like it
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Thank you so much, @crysk ! :)
    I've finished my entry for the Build-n-Share Challenge #37 The Play Is The Thing. It was a very fun challenge to build a historic looking theater. I used this Victorian theater in London as my inspiration:
    Palace_Theatre_-_London.jpg

The problem in the game, though, is that there is no theater venue, so I had to make the lot a café—which means that there is an awful lot of building for very little actual use in the game. Oh well…

The Palace Theatre

X3.png
    Xroof.png
    StageOrchestra.png
    Mezzanine.png
    MezzCafe.png

Slideshow
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2016
    obscene-smiley-907.gif whoa, just whoa. That looks so cool.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    The Palace Theatre looks so very nice! :) The exterior of the buiding looks so very great! The tower turrets in the builds look very nice ! Very nice roofing! The venue is very grand! The texture of the exterior looks nice, and it looks very nice the type of and how the windows are placed in the build. The plants and flowers look nice on the edges of the front of the venue either sides of the steps. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the theatre! The coat nook is very nice! It is nice that there is a box office in the build for sims to get tickets from for the show, It looks very nice how the armchairs are set up in the theatre , for sims to enjoy sitting resting there watching the performance that is taking place on the stage. The dragon, knight and shield banner look great there! It is nice that it is set up for sims to enjoy watching : " A dragons tale,a medieval romance". Sims will enjoy watching the show! It looks nice how the red curtains are placed either sides of the stage. The red wall and floor patterning gives a very nice look to the venue areas. The white colour of the seating complements well with the red colour of the walls and floors. The diferent levels of the seating looks very nice! Very nice balcony viewing area! The box seats look great! It is nice that there is a cafe area in the bulld for sims to enjoy ordering food and drinks from the espresso bar and enjoy eating and drinking at the tables there. Very nice bar area in the build. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat, before or after a performance.
    The layout and design of the build is very nice! :)
    That's just awesome @StSciurus ! I also like the inspiration picture you used since it's got Spamalot's Monty Python on it :D
    pronterus wrote: »
    I also like the inspiration picture you used since it's got Spamalot's Monty Python on it :D
    Isn't that funny? Too bad I couldn't figure out anything that would work as a marquee on the building.

Thank you, @crysk , for taking a look! :)

And thank you as always, @rosemow, for your detailed consideration. :) *hugs*
    So I took a break from my current WIP, Pemberly, to create a house for @Zita1966z 's Matchup 03 challenge. I enjoy creating houses for specific individuals, and in this case, the house is for an ambitious fashionista named Shelly York and her dog Trix (wish we had pets in Sims 4!). The house is called, suitably enough, Fashionably Modern.

Exterior
    02-25-16_121002nbspPM.png

Slideshow