Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone has success with Retuner and Grandpa's Grove Tractor?

A lot of times I have to get to a point of desperation before I'll delve into learning how to use some of these more complex mods and Retuner is one of those. I finally have had my fill with Sims taking it upon themselves to water and fertilize the crops so I decided to put a stop to it once and for all. I gingerly stepped my way through the brilliance that is the Retuner mod to find the extensive list of tweakable objects but I ran into a wee bit of a problem. The Grandpa's Grove Tractor isn't showing there, at all. I even went through every single item to make sure I didn't somehow miss it thinking it might be listed under another name but I still came up empty. I even switched active Sims to my farmer and looked again and it's still not there.

So, does anyone else using this combination of content have it missing from their list or is this just something peculiar to my game?
Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't have the Grandpa's Grove Tractor item and I don't recall using Retuner to change settings with regard to a Store item before. But, I would try going into Retuner Settings and enabling the option to show Retuner on objects (it's disabled by default). Then click the tractor object and look for the NRaas>Retuner option. That should give you settings just for that object, if it can be tuned in Retuner.

edit: just went into my game to check. Click on a computer or city hall>NRaas>Retuner>Show Object Menu. Then click on the object>NRaas>Retuner>General. On the Swift-gro gardening station I have options such as "Talk to Plants," "Identify Seeds," "Use Composter," etc. so perhaps you'll have options to adjust autonomy on the tractor.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Oh, @TreyNutz thank you so much! I set all the various interactions (watering, fertilizing, harvesting, asking and giving hayrides) to Autonomous: False. That should work, right? I love this tractor but the problem is it's fun to use and advertises as such so here my Sim is deciding to water and fertilize for the umpteenth time that day just for the fun of it. I have it on good authority that using a tractor really is all kinds of fun but I've never known of anyone to just go joy riding on their machinery.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Yep, I think setting those interactions to Autonomous: False should do it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LOL, sounds like you're on the right "track" there. (no pun intended)

The reason that store premium objects are difficult to find, and sometimes just not there, when maneuvering through the Retuner maze on City Hall is that the game's master tuning file hasn't changed since Patch 1.63. Could be mistaken, but I think Grandpa's Grove might have come out after that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I didn't even know this was possible. I mean... Can we do this with all objects?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    I didn't even know this was possible. I mean... Can we do this with all objects?
    Yes, but the settings don't always do what one would intend for them to do and it's far too easy to accidentally remove autonomous use of something vitally important to life (uhm...like toilets, maybe) if one isn't paying attention.

I would suggest not making more than say 2 such changes at a time just to see how things go. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Yeah, while I was looking through the settings I saw things like stuff for toilets and thought, "Yep, not gonna touch that!" As with all of these manically complicated (for me, at least) mods I take baby steps. The tractor was the most annoying thing because Sims are so (well, the word will get censored but I'm sure you all know what I mean). I tell them to plant something but for some reason they decide they can't so what do they do? "Oh! I know, let's fertilize the field! I just KNOW that will be helpful!"

Who knows where it will head next, though. Maybe hit up the "take" interaction on the terrariums. That would be good, yes indeed. I always am saying things to my Sims like, "Um, no, you were told to CLEAN the cage and yes, I told you you could WATCH your chinchilla. I didn't say take him out and put him in your pocket! See? And now he bit you. It serves you right!"

Indeed I did see most of the store content in the list on the computer but the really important thing is despite it not being there it was still doable. :heart: