Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adam and Eve Challenge

When Newcrest came out I remember people saying it was perfect for the Adam and Eve challenge. Empty world, start a family, fill the world. I can't seem to find the link to the actual rules, but thought about giving it a go, anyway.

When something VERY important occurred to me.

How exactly do you repopulate your entire world with only one family without... you know...making your family tree not fork?

Does anyone remember this challenge or how it worked?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I don't know about the challenge, but with the other worlds having some population you can easily find partners and move only the descendants into Newcrest.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited January 2016
    Edit: OK, I deleted that link cos I don't see how that challenge would even work.

I have a link to a challenge list but it doesn't give the Adam & Eve challenge there.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Edit: OK, I deleted that link cos I don't see how that challenge would even work.

I have a link to a challenge list but it doesn't give the Adam & Eve challenge there.

Yeah, I was reading it and you're right, it doesn't make sense. How do you get 10 generations without allowing the children to have children?

I suppose if I made a couple and left them in Newcrest, they would still meet other people. I could still fill up Newcrest. Adam and Eve never made sense to me, anyway. I don't know if I can make it into a challenge or not, but maybe I'll think of something.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Didn't hear about a specific Adam/Eve challenge, just the Build Up Newcrest one. To do a straight up Adam/Eve you'd need mods I guess. Not something I've ever looked into doing, so idk
    lmkiture wrote: »
    Didn't hear about a specific Adam/Eve challenge, just the Build Up Newcrest one. To do a straight up Adam/Eve you'd need mods I guess. Not something I've ever looked into doing, so idk

Yes! That is much closer to what I was looking to do! I guess maybe I just saw someone refer to it as the A&E challenge and that just stuck in my head. Oh well. I am off to go try to make banana bread for the first time. If I don't burn my house down I'll give this challenge a try. (I sort of suck at cooking.)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Lol, I'm not too great at cooking either!

You could also look at the Settlers Challenge (from that list I linked). You could do something similar with a little variation to fit your own ideas.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You would have to meet partners in the other worlds. But you could easily just populate Newcrest with one family.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while now: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852838/rebuild-willow-creek/p1
    You could easily transfer this to Newcrest instead. The genetics aspect really appeals to me.
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while now: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852838/rebuild-willow-creek/p1
    You could easily transfer this to Newcrest instead. The genetics aspect really appeals to me.

That looks fun, too. This is why we need the 'Nuke from Orbit' option, to delete an entire town at once. I would destroy everything in every town and start fresh. Well, I still can, it just takes forever to delete lot by lot.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2016
    If you're talking the Sims 3 Adam and Eve challenge if I recall correctly you were allowed to move in a certain number of families for each milestone you made which if I remember correctly was whatever building/business you added to the town. So if your goal for he first generation was to add a supermarket to your town once you met the requirements to add it and had it built and actually owned it you could add one or two families to your town to "run" it ect (I believe you actually were just supposed to place empty houses and let story progression move people in). I believe you could also travel if you had WA or Into the Future (or the mod that allowed travel to other worlds) and meet and marry someone in from there you could also marry tourists or paparazzi.
    ~ ~ ~
  • TayBabyTayBaby Posts: 70 Member
    I remember TS3's Adam and Eve challenge, there were a ton of details to it. unfortunately without the option to buy lots in this version a lot of the gameplay would be very different. As far as new generations go though, you married outsiders. nothing too creepy there
    Have been playing since the release.
    Always been a story teller, but with this game I am trying my hand at building.
    Check me out on the gallery :)
    Origin ID: TaylorNicRaft17
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

That looks fun, too. This is why we need the 'Nuke from Orbit' option, to delete an entire town at once. I would destroy everything in every town and start fresh. Well, I still can, it just takes forever to delete lot by lot.

Here's a link to all world's emptied, even windenburg. I haven't tried it yet, I just stumbled across it and saved the link for later use. http://tintedglass.tumblr.com/post/136472495875/sims-4-empty-worlds-windenburg-included
    p8L4V6v.png
    I've decided none of these quite meet what I was looking for, so I sort of made one up myself. I want to make a library legacy. I don't know if there is already something like this or not. I want to build a library on the big lot in Newcrest, and each generation must add one completed collection to it before the next generation can take over. I don't know how well it will work, but it will be a hella nice library if I can pull it off.
    In which I will now annoy the ever-living bajeezus out of everyone, showing pics as the library is built. That we all know I will get bored and abandon long before it is done. Let's see how long it lasts!

The shell of the first floor, meeting the requirements of a library.
    01-24-16_4-51-51nbspPM_zps6lfmfldf.png
    01-24-16_4-48-19nbspPM_zpsjkwb68id.png
    01-24-16_4-49-22nbspPM_zpssmrev5bz.png
    01-24-16_4-49-32nbspPM_zpsgvu9dur6.png

My first generation Sim was already a gardener before coming up with this idea, so there will be a centralized, open air courtyard for all the plants to go in when her collection is complete.

Pond Library will grow higher - and probably lower - as space for new collection is needed.
  • AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    It's very nice!
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Hmmmmm if you were to try this - is there any chance of "mutated genetics" in TS4 like there was TS3? Eg, 2 parents with brown hair, one child pops out with blonde hair or 2 parents with big noses have a child with a small nose? Or will every Sim 5 generations down the line still look exactly alike?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I've decided none of these quite meet what I was looking for, so I sort of made one up myself. I want to make a library legacy. I don't know if there is already something like this or not. I want to build a library on the big lot in Newcrest, and each generation must add one completed collection to it before the next generation can take over. I don't know how well it will work, but it will be a hella nice library if I can pull it off.

I love this idea, Piper! The garden library room is very lovely. I can't wait to see what it will look like after a few generations. It's going to be so full of nostalgia and memories, it's going to be awesome. You should have photos or pictures of each generation placed in their respective library rooms as well, to further remember them by.

Such a cool idea!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    Thanks! I finally just got the UFO plant. Once I get it to perfect I will add the plants to the library courtyard and post some pictures. I believe my Sim's son will work on fishing next.
    Finally got the UFO plant to perfect. So, here are more pictures of the library in progress. This is the garden and space room. I think the garden looks nice at night.

02-05-16_1-07-24nbspAM_zpsbdajgtad.png
    02-05-16_1-08-16nbspAM_zpsreq7zqg5.png
    02-05-16_1-08-31nbspAM_zpspjhcc8lu.png