Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Helix Bay..... Full version now available!!

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 3 Builders
FLSTRider and the DNA Request Team Proudly Present........ Helix Bay
HBBanner.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg

I do not usually post worlds in this forum, but this is a unique instance. For quite some time The D.N.A. Request Team and myself have been working on a project to showcase the awesome talent of the team and Helix Bay was born. With the team as busy as they are with all of your requests, this world did take some time to complete but it is almost ready for release. I still need the day to finish gathering the information for the World Details post and will get that done as fast as I can. Just wanted to get this thread up and begin showing some of the screenshots from the world. I want to thank all of the creators who had a hand in this project from the very start and they will be listed in the following post.
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by flstrider on

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited January 2016
    World Details:

World Size: Medium 1024x1024

Base Game and all Ep's/SP's (minus KPST)

Total Lots: 110
    Residential: 49
    Community: 61
    (all except 6 lots were built totally by the DNA Team, I built the others)
    My Lots: Garrens Haunt, Lord Admiral Stadium. Ye Ole Crypt, Both dock lots, River walk park

CC/Store items used: None

A HUGE Thank you to the members of the DNA Team who contributed to this extremely fun project!

ZooProfessor3, calmorezoo , WibbleLikeAJelly, mwjessica723, Cmnshtr, Lissykin, Sarademoor,
    sashraf , EMPRESSPAMELA, KLorelei, YOTEAMO, itguyinsc, orisisrose, imoger, originalsim,
    gngrsnp, romagi1, Glenkarri, DataHead, WrathofCath, BreeMiles, aricarai, illusie, Rawr2019, Idontrcall, Kementari, AIRIS6962, suepea, Sandraelle, soocoolsim
    (I hope I did not forget anyone...lol blame it on a senior moment! and please forgive me!!)

Download Link: Helix Bay a DNA Team World

There is also a "Lite" version of this world available here: Welcome to Helix "Lite"
    NewSig.jpg

edited January 2016
    In Game Screenshots......
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-66.jpg
    Screenshot-65.jpg

Around Town:
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    Screenshot-6_1.jpg
    Screenshot-5_2.jpg
    NewSig.jpg

edited January 2016
    More Screenshots

Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    NewSig.jpg

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    It is very great that Helix Bay has now been finished and our sims can enjoy living in this world! :) It is such a very, very special world! It will be so very nice for our sims to live in homes or visit venues created by DNA Team Members, all in the one world! The world looks so very great! Thankyou for all the time, work and detailed effort that has been put in to creating this very nice world! :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I look forward to exploring this new world with my sims.
    edited January 2016
    @rosemow Thank you so very much! I hope you are doing well and I also hope you holiday's went well!!!

@bekkasan Not to much longer just need to add a couple little details and should have the full version up soon!

And speaking of "up" the lite version is now available in my studio: The link is in the World Details post
    NewSig.jpg

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    This is so exciting! Thank you so much for all your hard work. The world looks amazing. <3
    Thanks Lissy and thank you and the AWESOME members of the Team!!!! This project was so much fun!

Full version download is now available! Link in the second post!!!
    NewSig.jpg

Congrats on the new worlds! What is main dif between the lite version and full? I couldn't figure out from description or number of lots. The lite version has 74 commercial/39 residential and the full says 73 commercial and 39 residential. Since it is a medium world my puter should be able to handle the full version, but, thought I would ask your opinion. :) Thanks in advance.
    @bekkasan The "Lite" version is empty the City Hall, and the two "harbor" lots are in the game but all the other lots are totally empty. Its like another version of Cheverly. Each world has a different ID so you can place both into your game. it is totally up to you which one to download I really hope you enjoy this world!
    NewSig.jpg

ah! ok, thanks a bunch. I'm gonna go full then and check that out. Vacation week for the family in Helix!!
    Lite version has been fixed and is back up and available
    NewSig.jpg

@bekkasan Drop me a note here to let me know how it goes for you! I would, and I am sure the team would also, love to hear your feedback
    NewSig.jpg

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @flstrider -I love how this worlds looks and decided to get the lite version since I love building for myself.It looks like it could work for legacies or a 100 baby challenge by my own rules.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    What an awesome world !!! <3
    I've started to send my sim exploring and we both stare in amazement to see so many superb creations from the DNA team in one place! Helix Bay has definitely a big DRF from me :)

It's such a shame that the TS3 exchange has been borked since the 12th December 15 ... with no information when or even if EA are planning to fix it .... and therefore not that many simmers will be able to see and download this fabulous team effort :'( .
    Only people already in the know, clicking the link above in this thread or in the CAW forum and flstrider's friends on his My Pages can check out Helix Bay at he moment :/ ... and this marvellous world so deserves that the whole simming community is being made aware that it's ready to download x

• MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    @flstrider I had a bit of a problem downloading the full version of Helix Bay. Not sure if it was the exchange or me, but I finally got it installed. Love the world.
    The first thing I noticed was the Dive Lot. (I love Dive Lots and Wind Surfing.) Its just a lot, nothing on it, so I will have to edit and add to it myself.
    I love the town building and the layout. I also had to edit out the dive bars in each building in town. I found 9 dive bars in one building, lol. 3 bars on each floor of a 3 story building. 6 Dive bars on another lot, 8 on another. I also edited out some food vendors, 6 vendors on one lot is way to much.
    The game generates service sims, townies, non working sims... and when I checked with MasterController there were over 1400 service sims generated, plus all the animals and it wasn't finished generating yet! For a medium sized world that is a lot of sims and the loading + lag will be a problem.
    That's when I started editing the buildings.
    Another problem is "I LOVE ALL THE HOUSES" and I don't want any generated sims living in those houses. I want to live in them all! They are beautiful and well thought out designs.
    I am still editing the building and haven't had a chance to start playing again. Can't wait to get my CAS sims moved in.
    Thanks for Helix Bay, it is indeed as @Hidehi said a marvelous world.
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    Hi everyone! My cottage, Cobblestone Cottage Reno, uploaded to the world minus the perfect plants, nectar and gems, so, if you'd like to download the complete version, you can find it here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8838182

roof_up_original.jpg

Thank you so much for all the awesome comments! flstrider really knocked this world out of the park for us. :blush:
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    Yes! A brand new world to explore.
    @rotata Please let us know how the world works out for you!!! Hope you enjoy!
    @Moinesse Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated!!! I totally forgot about the dive lot and I do apologize for that.
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider My sims visited Helix Bay yesterday and it is a super world. The scenery and landscaping and buildings are just exceptional. I didn't populate it, just wandered around and enjoyed seeing all the sites. I will definitely start a family in it when my farming story finishes. :) I did send them diving and the lot is there, but not built up. Is that on purpose? I've never built one. I tried putting one in my little vacation world I was building and couldn't for the life of me figure out how from the one tutorial I found. I love the large lots. It actually loaded easily and I was happy with that as you know my puter is finicky. Thank you and the DNA team for a lovely world to play in.
    @bekkasan No the dive lot was not on purpose, I totally forgot it was even there to be honest and I do apologize for that.
    NewSig.jpg

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Helix Bay is an amazing beautiful world !! I feel very proud and honoured to have contributed with my 2 little homes :smiley:
    Thank you so much @flstrider !! I added to my favourites <3
    @AIRIS6962 It was such a thrill working with the team and it was all of the team who made this world look so awesome! I feel so honored to have worked with such a wonderful group! You all are the best!
    NewSig.jpg

• TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 24 Member
    The preview picture looks AMAZING.... Does it have dive lots though? Also can it possibly be downloaded from another site but EA's exchange? It doesn't allow me to log in and I'm sure the guys on MTS would appreciate a good world with all EPs...
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS