Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backups

BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 2
Hi, my screen flickers sometimes and I found a solution and I was wondering if/what I should backup before attempting to fix my issue in case something goes wrong. I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this so I apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Edit: Typo
sims 2&3 my beloved♥

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hello! It depends on what you have done with the game thus far. In all cases you should back up your neighborhoods folder, this is the bulk of your game.

If you have CC, back up the downloads folder.

If you have created sims in bodyshop, back up the saved sims folder.

Those are the most common, but if you downloaded or made a world, added custom paintings, or custom music, those files should be backed up as well.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    @JULES1111 All I've done so far is make a household and play it. I just downloaded UC on Monday night so I haven't really done a whole lot. So I guess it's just the neighborhood folder, then. Thanks for the help.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No problem! Good luck with getting your problem fixed. :)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I would also recommend taking back ups of the neighborhood pretty regularly. And make sure you have a back up on an external device (large GB flash drive or an external hard drive).

That way should anything bad happen, you've got a back up. And having a back up on an external device will help in case your computer dies and you can't get anything off of the hard drive.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've often made back up copies of my Sims 2 game folder which has all of those things in it like I do with my Sims 3 folder.I've ported my old Sims 2 folder over from my old computer and moved a few of the files into my current folder and it worked out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    DEFINITELY backup to an external drive!!

I had everything backed up on another location on my dino-pc and in September when the fan died inside the tower and it wouldn't turn on at all without a very sickly beeping, I was terrified!

Luckily I my dad works with computers all day :P