Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Video Game (Other than the Sims!)

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd start up a little discussion to see what other games people consider to be a favourite of theirs other than the beloved Sims games!

Would be great to see what other people enjoy playing in their spare time :)

My favourite video game is the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Easily one of the best Zelda games ever made IMO. As good as LoZ:Ocarina of Time is, the dark tone of MM is just something else. You could take your time in most other Zelda games, but your time was so precious in MM and it just added to this whole ominous feeling. The whole concept of having transformation masks and other general masks was great and made for some really interesting gameplay :)

Comments

• WorldsFinest13WorldsFinest13 Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2016
    League of Legends is my favorite i play just as much as the sims
    Jinx Stands For Jinx
    Jinx-League-Of-Legends-Wallpaper-HD-1920x1080-3.jpg
    Origin: TayeSimmer
    Tumblr: https://tayesimmer.tumblr.com
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have Too many to name them LOL. (sims being my least favorite.)
    I have sunk many hours into the witcher 3 and a massive amount of hours into Dragon Age Inquisition and Star Wars, so they are my most played of the year.(last year.) Also just starting to get into Fallout 4.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Myst (collection)
    Sim City
    I occasionally play Stronghold.
    Used to play age of empires until it stopped working.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Fallout 4 is the current game I am playing. o:)

My all-time favorite is definitely the Stronghold Crusader series. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm currently playing Shift 2 Unleashed.
    All time favorite game? The old NASCAR Racing games by Papyrus/Sierra way back when.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2016
    Fallout 4 is the current game I am playing. o:)

My all-time favorite is definitely the Stronghold Crusader series. B)

Me too! :grin:

I've also been playing Smite a lot lately, which is the only MOBA I've ever liked. And I've started Pokemon Omega Ruby. I still mess around on (heavily modded) Skyrim sometimes.

I have too many games that I love to list them all. I'd say that Fallout and Elder Scrolls are definitely among my favorite series. But there are lots more like Borderlands, Portal, Bioshock, etc.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • DemiDemi Posts: 49 Member
    Alien Isolation, Telltale's Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, Tomb Raider, and The Last of Us
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    @GabbyGirlJ Agreed with the Smite statement. I've always enjoyed the idea behind MOBAs, but I never enjoyed playing them until Smite came along. Smite is a ton of fun.

As for games I'm playing now, I jump back and forth between Smite, Dungeon Fighter Online, Path of Exile, and some Paladins every once in a while.

As for all-time favorite game, that's a tough one. I'd have to probably give it to Final Fantasy 4. Was the first game I ever played that had such an immersive story with very interesting characters. Close runner-ups would probably be Metal Gear Solid 3 and Diablo 2.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Games by Vanillaware
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Borderlands <3

Skyrim <3
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    League of Legends is my favorite i play just as much as the sims

This
    and the Touhou series is another great choice...
    Can't forget NFS Carbon for the Darius
    Bad.jpg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • 4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    Fallout: New Vegas is and forever will be my #1.

Mass Effect trilogy comes at a close second.
  • chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    Great to hear about the games that you all enjoy playing! :)
  • PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    edited January 2016
    Fallout 4
    7 Days To Die
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Either GTAV or Telltales TWD.
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    At the moment Fallout 4 and Ark <3
    Skyrim is one of my all time favourites, though. and CIV.
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • IndigoIndigo Posts: 89 Member
    Sims?????
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mass Effect trioligy is by far one of my favourite games/franchises.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • iloveafiiloveafi Posts: 74 Member
    Alice madness returns Dead space, Mario,slender man,jaws, sims3 !
  • GlasgowSmilesGlasgowSmiles Posts: 209 Member
    Hmmm...

-Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was the game that started me down this dark road, when I was a little kid. Back before you could save, and so I'd beg to be allowed to keep playing instead of eating dinner. So it gets an honorable mention here just because it was my first console gaming experience.

-Rune Factory. I love it. It's peaceful and nice, like... That's one of my stress-relief games. I mean, if I was going through really bad stress/anxiety, I could just farm and cook and craft and not even go into the dungeons, but honestly, I don't get that physical tense feeling dungeon-crawling in Rune Factory.

-Civilization V. I just think of the steam reviews where it's like 'I've played 2000 hours, it's okay'. Like, I can't explain why it's addictive, but it is.

There are so many others, and so many reasons why I love them, but if I'm just going to list three non-sim games, I'm going to go with those.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @GlasgowSmiles Ah great to meet another Civ player, muoi bien B)
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Mass Effect because I love to customize my character, his personality and his life.

I regret there is not more Space opera Action RPG because I love the space and the future.
    SWTOR is nice but I hate the other players :p .
  • 00_Bee00_Bee Posts: 17 New Member
    edited January 2016
    The last of us and all the games Telltale ever created! especially the walking dead.

oh, and "other than the sims"? Sims medieval! ehe, it's not really in the sims series, you know ;')
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Hmmm...

-Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was the game that started me down this dark road, when I was a little kid. Back before you could save, and so I'd beg to be allowed to keep playing instead of eating dinner. So it gets an honorable mention here just because it was my first console gaming experience.

-Rune Factory. I love it. It's peaceful and nice, like... That's one of my stress-relief games. I mean, if I was going through really bad stress/anxiety, I could just farm and cook and craft and not even go into the dungeons, but honestly, I don't get that physical tense feeling dungeon-crawling in Rune Factory.

-Civilization V. I just think of the steam reviews where it's like 'I've played 2000 hours, it's okay'. Like, I can't explain why it's addictive, but it is.

There are so many others, and so many reasons why I love them, but if I'm just going to list three non-sim games, I'm going to go with those.

Ahh yes the ONE MORE TURN experience.
    Turns one turn into like 5 hours until you realize the time and you better get to bed because it's work in 7 hours.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • auburn1214auburn1214 Posts: 28 New Member
    That's a tough one