Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Discovering that the Sims2 game is never the same game twice! :)
    I have just mucked up my Sims2 legacy I was playing; I did a system restore after having problems trying to install another programme. It has taken my Sims2 legacy back to last Monday - Horlicks! :(

Did you know that if you're strictly following the legacy rules, you can move in as many townies/npc's as you want for their money, without marrying them or having their baby? And boot them out again once you're through with them, you just can't move them back in after that.

AND it IS possible to start the legacy with an actual simple one to two roomed house complete with wall and floor coverings, and not have to start it living on the lawn or in a roof? There's nothing in the strict legacy rules that says that you have to start living on the lawn or in a roof or with bare walls and floors, it just says that you have to buy the certain sized lot which leaves you with a specific small amount of starting funds, which means you have to think a little bit harder as to what to buy and build at first.

One of the cost saving things is to not buy a stove, just a fridge, could be a mini fridge if that is included in the base game and you don't have university, can't remember, then you don't have to buy a fire alarm or learn cooking straight away. I think with a single cheap benchtop you can survive on cereal and such, and if you have .. is it Seasons? you can serve that cereal/whatever instead of making a single one and put away the leftovers. Leftovers in Sims 2 don't go off, unlike Sims 3, in fact if your sim moves into the old house of another sim that used to have leftovers, even with a different fridge, their old leftovers will be available and not off .. or is it that you can move house with an old fridge full of leftovers and use those? can't remember, anyway point is they don't go off and are transferable.

Another cost saving thing is to build a minimum sized pool for body skill.

I might see if I can find my disks with my Lateral Legacy files on them somewhere and post it on my blog site, my sim on that managed to build a small house at the start, and I even think I only had the base game at the start of that because only people with the base game and no patches could upload stories to the BBS at that stage. It would be a few days to find it and post it though.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Here's a discovery.The little girls skirt that came with family fun has a missing strap on the side of their sandals.There is a fix for that on mts lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    Did you know that ghosts, after they have cheered at their bed, will stay on that floor until it's time to go back to their grave/urn. So if you want to keep ghosts but don't want them to annoy you, put their urn on the top floor of the house, like an attic, along with their bed and then they won't come down, but you can go up to them if you want.
    Also, service sims ghosts will cheer the thing their service is attached to, instead of their bed. For example, one of my sims married the repairman, who came to fix the toilet. When he died, it is the toilet he came to cheer, I'm not sure if all repairmen cheer the toilet or whether it is that they cheer the first thing they fixed. I didn't realise it was the toilet he was cheering at because the bathroom was right next to the bedroom and I thought he was cheering at his bed through the wall. But when the family did a makeover of the bathroom and got a new toilet, he got angry after going to the spot where the old toilet was and finding it not there anymore, and then would float around the house and grounds waving his arms and shouting with a crossed out toilet in his speech bubble.
    I dare say firemen are probably attached to the fire alarm, and maids might be attached to the dishwasher. See if you can discover them all.
  • Options
    If you have OFB I urge you to try out the robot crafting table .... It's awesome ! I no longer need a maid or gardener lol

• Options
    MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    While looking througt sea shells in the sand I found a pair of earings. And in the notification it said i could go in c.a.s to actual wear them... Cool isnt it
  • Options
    While looking througt sea shells in the sand I found a pair of earrings. And in the notification it said i could go in c.a.s to actual wear them... Cool isnt it

are you sure that is The Sims 2? I don't remember my sims being able to go into CAS once they've started being played. Unless you mean go into the mirror or whatever to change appearance, or for going into CAS to create a new sim, or even using the hairdressing station.
    That is cool then. Which expansion was that with? Bon Voyage I suppose? or was it called Vacation? Can't remember. Or even Free Time.
  • Options
    If you have OFB I urge you to try out the robot crafting table .... It's awesome ! I no longer need a maid or gardener lol

I remember my brother showing me his 'warehouse' army of them.

I find it annoying how the smaller robots keep breaking down. I used to have a couple of sweeper small one's per watering one's because when the watering one's broke down they'd make a water mess everywhere, either killing the plants or causing my sims a red environment needs bar, so then the sweeper one's would go round sucking up the water, but too much of that and they'd break down too, but it gave my sims a bit of time to get to them and repair them. Their stations were in the garage on ground level. The spare sweeper robots were also good for cleaning up the messes the breaking down sweeper robots left, because when they break down they spit out garbage, sometimes that's a little bit handy though for filling up the compost bin but you have to be quick about it because once the garbage starts getting the green vapours your sim will get sick after picking up too many of them, in fact one of my sims once died on the spot after picking up too many that'd gone green.
  • Options

I remember my brother showing me his 'warehouse' army of them.

I find it annoying how the smaller robots keep breaking down. I used to have a couple of sweeper small one's per watering one's because when the watering one's broke down they'd make a water mess everywhere, either killing the plants or causing my sims a red environment needs bar, so then the sweeper one's would go round sucking up the water, but too much of that and they'd break down too, but it gave my sims a bit of time to get to them and repair them. Their stations were in the garage on ground level. The spare sweeper robots were also good for cleaning up the messes the breaking down sweeper robots left, because when they break down they spit out garbage, sometimes that's a little bit handy though for filling up the compost bin but you have to be quick about it because once the garbage starts getting the green vapours your sim will get sick after picking up too many of them, in fact one of my sims once died on the spot after picking up too many that'd gone green.

Lol yeah they do break down alot.Do you think it has anything to do with the skills or talent badges ?

• Options
    While looking througt sea shells in the sand I found a pair of earings. And in the notification it said i could go in c.a.s to actual wear them... Cool isnt it

My sim had a crab pinch their fingers and then they ended up with sunburn :D

• Options
    edited May 2016

ok I remember vaguely those things, must've been where those earring finds thing was too. Vacation or Bon Voyage. I did get that xp because of the extra adjoining neighbourhoods you're allowed with it.

I think the skill and badge of the maker of the robots and maybe how many times they've made good one's after that affects how often they break down. I remember they needed a certain skill level to repair them though. If the bots are sparking from the get go when they're made, they'll be sure to break down a lot. I remember my sims having businesses selling robots and the stock on the floor had some sparking one's which I'd have to go and get rid of because then I wouldn't know which one was which in the customer sims' inventories when I go to play their house.
    The simbots are easy to look after though, as long as there's room for them in the household. Do I remember righty that sometimes there were evil simbots?

Maybe someone has worked out how many watering or sweeper bots you need per size of garden or such to ensure they don't get over-worked.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @thegummybear13
    Apologies for stating the obvious but I think if the Sim is a Master Roboteer (Gold Talent Badge) then everything they make on the Robotic Crafting Table should turn out well. :)
    I tend to sell off whatever my Sim makes as they work through the badges so I can't advise you if they would break more easily when e.g. the Sim has no talent badge or a Bronze talent badge. I usually only start a Sim using the Robotic Crafting Table once the Sim has a high Mechanical Skill (or maxed it out) and I believe because of this, the Sim earns a Robotic Talent Badge quicker.
    However I am not convinced this rings true as I had a Sim (maxed Mechanical Skill as well as a few others) who worked as a Cashier in the shop who was incredibly slow at using the till. :(
  • Options

ok I remember vaguely those things, must've been where those earring finds thing was too. Vacation or Bon Voyage. I did get that xp because of the extra adjoining neighbourhoods you're allowed with it.

I think the skill and badge of the maker of the robots and maybe how many times they've made good one's after that affects how often they break down. I remember they needed a certain skill level to repair them though. If the bots are sparking from the get go when they're made, they'll be sure to break down a lot. I remember my sims having businesses selling robots and the stock on the floor had some sparking one's which I'd have to go and get rid of because then I wouldn't know which one was which in the customer sims' inventories when I go to play their house.
    The simbots are easy to look after though, as long as there's room for them in the household. Do I remember righty that sometimes there were evil simbots?

Maybe someone has worked out how many watering or sweeper bots you need per size of garden or such to ensure they don't get over-worked.

There are evil simbots in ts3 im not sure about ts2

• Options
    @thegummybear13
    Apologies for stating the obvious but I think if the Sim is a Master Roboteer (Gold Talent Badge) then everything they make on the Robotic Crafting Table should turn out well. :)
    I tend to sell off whatever my Sim makes as they work through the badges so I can't advise you if they would break more easily when e.g. the Sim has no talent badge or a Bronze talent badge. I usually only start a Sim using the Robotic Crafting Table once the Sim has a high Mechanical Skill (or maxed it out) and I believe because of this, the Sim earns a Robotic Talent Badge quicker.
    However I am not convinced this rings true as I had a Sim (maxed Mechanical Skill as well as a few others) who worked as a Cashier in the shop who was incredibly slow at using the till. :(

Is the register glitched ? Each time my sim get's better so does using the register :o

• Options
    was there a logic skill in Sims 2? they do play chess, if so then logic would be the skill that helps gaining the register badge quicker
  • Options
    @thegummybear13
    I don't think the register is glitched as eventually the Cashier does get better at using it.

@DivinylsFan
    That's probably the reason why they weren't doing so good using the register! :)
    I always thought a Sim needs the Mechanical Skill to be a Cashier and not logic - so thank you for the tip. :)
  • Options
    yeah I remember when they start out the draw bangs them in the stomach
  • Options
    I used to get my sims to camp out at their business, with a coffee machine, public shower and toilet, and fridge. They can't sleep at their business, so when they pass out they get up again soon after, or is it they don't pass out at all can't remember, anyway .. the best thing ever is to have one of those electrical potato contraptions from their aspiration rewards, which when they hop on it, they grab the sides and sing while the green electrical goes through them and their needs bars fill up, but they have to be green aspiration or higher or it will kill them instead, so I would have their spouse or romantic other there with them and they would close up shop for a few hours and go on an on-the-spot date, fulfill all of those short term aspiration wants with kissing etc, and especially if they have a car they can woohoo for a big 3,500 aspiration want when that rolls around which would tip them over to platinum, then they can use the contraption without failing. And then if there's like still a few hours or such til opening time again, I got them to sit and meditate until then because meditating makes their needs and aspiration level stop still until they stop meditating.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to give a sim a flower ? I seen a sim give another sim a rose in the freetime trailer.

• Options
    @thegummybear13
    In Freetime, Romantic Sims use the rose to sweet talk a Sim and repair relationships.
    I have used it a lot for Don Lothario in Pleasantview! :)
  • Options
    @thegummybear13
    In Freetime, Romantic Sims use the rose to sweet talk a Sim and repair relationships.
    I have used it a lot for Don Lothario in Pleasantview! :)

Thank you I must try this out lol

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @thegummybear13 and @LadysimPlayer8 the interaction is called Smooth Recovery

and it's a little bit .. lethal, as in it creates a heart if there isn't one, it's not a gentle impact (not actually lethal).
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I've never had a sims with the romantic aspiration(cheater), I wondering why I couldn't remember any sims giving roses like that.
  • Options
    @DivinylsFan
    Sorry now I think about it, sweet talk is flirt action and you are right it is smooth talk. :)
    Here are some pics of Don smooth talking Nina on two occasions!
    024snapshot_80e4df4f_c0e7a26a.jpg
    033snapshot_80e4df4f_40e8f976.jpg
  • Options
    I've never had a sims with the romantic aspiration(cheater), I wondering why I couldn't remember any sims giving roses like that.

maybe you don't have the expansion called Free Time
    The Romance aspiration isn't necessarily a cheater character, they are merely hooked on romance. One of the Life Time Aspirations of Romance sims is to become a Celebrity Chef or .. top of the party career can't remember what that's called. And just because they roll wants to flirt or such with other sims apart from their spouse it doesn't mean that they have to, and it's not only Romance sims who roll wants to be unfaithful with someone. They don't go into aspiration failure upon getting married or having a baby, only if that fear is in their fear panel at the time and you can avoid that by locking other fears in place, with University I think it is, you can lock in an extra one. Some Romance sims even roll the want to get married or have a baby. While they're married they often roll wants to woohoo and flirt, and a lot of the time it's just woohoo or flirt, not with anyone in particular, and so that is easily fulfilled.

I'm not even sure if the smooth talk interaction is limited to Romance sims, or is it?

Professional Party .. something, the slacker career?
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I meant I've never used it before, I've always avoided using it for the fact I thought it was just for flirty sims who don't like commitment.
    I've just created a sim using that aspiration, so it'll be fun trying something I've never done before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top