Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Yeah that's not a discovery in game.Beside's I'm not too picky about jobs my sims will get what ever job is listed.It give's them personality plus I'm doing the legacy challenge.If you wan't all jobs listed just enter the cheat code and click on the news paper.Now that's a discovery.
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I never really paid attention to the reputation bar of my sims. Usually play my own sims. This time I thought I'd play a townie, Jessica Johnson. She live in Belladonna Cove, in the little trailer park. Anyway, the neighbors came over to say hi, she went out to greet them and this guy starts poking her in the chest for no reason that I could see. The next day I sent her downtown and this random sim comes up and does the same thing, lol. I couldn't figure out why, my husband said maybe she is a floozy or something. :D I checked her reputation and its like half way red! Oh my! Too funny.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited May 2016
    taffy550 wrote: »
    I never really paid attention to the reputation bar of my sims. Usually play my own sims. This time I thought I'd play a townie, Jessica Johnson. She live in Belladonna Cove, in the little trailer park. Anyway, the neighbors came over to say hi, she went out to greet them and this guy starts poking her in the chest for no reason that I could see. The next day I sent her downtown and this random sim comes up and does the same thing, lol. I couldn't figure out why, my husband said maybe she is a floozy or something. :D I checked her reputation and its like half way red! Oh my! Too funny.

reputation? what expansion did that come with? I'm thinking maybe apartment life because socialites came with that?
    I didn't have that expansion so I don't know
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member

I'm confused by this reputation bar. Is this the thing called the influence bar or is this something different?
  • FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    The reputation bar came with AL
    Ah, OK.
    some of the actions and things that came with some of the expansions such as apartment life, got included in later expansions
    for example, dating, which came with night life, still carried on in later expansions, and dating was an option in the game if you installed the later expansions without installing night life. Similarly, the interaction of playing peek-a-boo, and possibly the parenting book, which I vaguely remember I was told came with apartment life, got included in expansions after that and so even though I never owned apartment life, the expansions I bought and installed after that, put those interactions into my game. The socialites also turned up in my game, sooo many of them, which aparently was fixed by a patch for apartment life, which I couldn't install because I didn't have apartment life. However, the reputation bar didn't turn up in my game, and similarly if I didn't install night life, even though I had dating, and I think cars, vampires and downtown didn't turn up, vampires being the reason why sometimes I didn't install it.
    So anyway, if you don't install one expansion, a mix of some of the items and actions will still turn up in later expansions. is my point.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    When Sims are Restoring the Old Man's Junk, hygiene and energy usually drain away quickly.
    If a Sim gets a shock when working on the engine, this can give a large boost of energy (from almost empty to half-full) which allowed my Sim to finish Restoring his First Car! :)
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    edited May 2016

Lol she is, she cheated on her husband and pretty much left him before the adoption process was over.She's a gold digger too

Edit I'm speaking of jessica peterson oops lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I sent my sim downtown to buy clothes and cell phones. There was a break dancer on the side walk. I clicked on him, he taught my sim to break dance. I've been playing this game for years and I am finding new things all the time.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've just downloaded two custom careers that act like welfare for the sims.One is stay at home sim on MTS and the the other is shown in a picture.It's found HERE
    26781888743_3f70dbe48e_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    you could pick a high paying job and then get pregnant all the time .. then stop getting pregnant when your dream job arises
    you could pick a high paying job and then get pregnant all the time .. then stop getting pregnant when your dream job arises

Gee, sounds like welfare in this country already, with the exception of them ceasing getting pregnant and actually getting a job...
    I was just making a suggestion to avoid using a mod, because mods for 2 weren't like mods for 3
    Sorry, that was just me getting on my soapbox about some of the problems with Welfare in America...
    it's the same in Australia but many of those babies supported by welfare grow up to be successful and contribute it back, and the parents are consumers and so it all goes around in the economy. One baby supported by welfare as an example was Steve Irwin. His father was a single dad and lived in the Western suburbs of Sydney, where all the government housing is. And we all know how much he gave back.
    I got the career Mods because of the times my sims had gotten stuck with the right job not turning up for endless days which eventually led to cheating by quitting without saving to reload until the job came up.Putting them on welfare removed the need to keep doing that.I can just have them do the job search honestly and still have a placeholder career until they finally got their dream job.I've got tons of Mods in Sims 2 because I needed them like one to control lot visitors on community lots so I could ban badly behaved sims who start fights or ban NPC's from small stores so the lot dosen't get overcrowded and lead to fights breaking out.
    it's the same in Australia but many of those babies supported by welfare grow up to be successful and contribute it back, and the parents are consumers and so it all goes around in the economy. One baby supported by welfare as an example was Steve Irwin. His father was a single dad and lived in the Western suburbs of Sydney, where all the government housing is. And we all know how much he gave back.

It's not like that in the States. Most people who get sucked into Welfare stay on it, generation after generation. Some want to get off it and can't, but most enjoy it and never want to get off it. They're the ones who try and get as much of the taxpayers' money as they can, all the while, thinking they're just getting it from the government (not understanding [or caring] that it's taxpayers supporting them financially and medically). So they just take and take and take and take. It causes a lot of resentment on the part of the people paying in with their tax dollars. It's very frustrating.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

It's not like that in the States. Most people who get sucked into Welfare stay on it, generation after generation. Some want to get off it and can't, but most enjoy it and never want to get off it. They're the ones who try and get as much of the taxpayers' money as they can, all the while, thinking they're just getting it from the government (not understanding [or caring] that it's taxpayers supporting them financially and medically). So they just take and take and take and take. It causes a lot of resentment on the part of the people paying in with their tax dollars. It's very frustrating.

I know that this is a common theme of resentment, but instead of wanting to remove these security nets from people that truly do need them (children), we need to consider how to get them out of poverty. They need better education and chances in life. Something that certain political parties like to cut. We never invest in the future or put anything into those we deem unworthy. How will they ever get out of poverty without opportunity? Even the middle class is made to struggle through tremendous debts. Our lives are near over when we finally pay off our student loans. It's beyond ridiculous.

And from a personal note...my mom was a welfare kid. Her father left her mom with 8 children one day. He went out and never came back. So they received benefits and they had no chance of ever getting out of it because her mom did not have the money to take care of that many kids. My mom's opportunity came from a neighbor whom her and her sister helped on weekends. They did laundry and grocery shopping for her. They also kept her company. She told my mom and her sister that if they kept good grades and continued helping her, she would send them to college. None of my mother's other brothers or sisters went to college. But my mom and her sister did and both got themselves out of poverty.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I know that this is a common theme of resentment, but instead of wanting to remove these security nets from people that truly do need them (children), we need to consider how to get them out of poverty. They need better education and chances in life. Something that certain political parties like to cut. We never invest in the future or put anything into those we deem unworthy. How will they ever get out of poverty without opportunity? Even the middle class is made to struggle through tremendous debts. Our lives are near over when we finally pay off our student loans. It's beyond ridiculous.

And from a personal note...my mom was a welfare kid. Her father left her mom with 8 children one day. He went out and never came back. So they received benefits and they had no chance of ever getting out of it because her mom did not have the money to take care of that many kids. My mom's opportunity came from a neighbor whom her and her sister helped on weekends. They did laundry and grocery shopping for her. They also kept her company. She told my mom and her sister that if they kept good grades and continued helping her, she would send them to college. None of my mother's other brothers or sisters went to college. But my mom and her sister did and both got themselves out of poverty.

And that's why I said, some do want to get off of it and can't, but where I live, unfortunately, most don't care and just sit on Welfare forever. I've said my whole life that Welfare needs a major overhaul for those who do legitimately want to get off of it, and that means not cutting benefits when people do go out and get a job (because as it stands now, the government is in effect punishing those who are trying to better themselves, and that doesn't help at all), but MINORLY reducing benefits perhaps after a six month period (and then continuing to GRADUALLY reduce benefits over time), so that the people who get jobs can learn how to save their money and not live hand to mouth. There should be programs in place teaching people that banks are a good place to store extra money, no matter how small the amount may seem, and teach them how to write checks and balance a checkbook if they've never done so, and teach them how to support themselves, not be supported by others. And then that way, perhaps after a year/two years of the person having a job, and learning vital self-sufficiency skills, and a GRADUAL reduction of benefits, by the time the Government stops Welfare for people who've gotten jobs, these people are now properly trained not only at their job, but in life and don't feel punished for wanting to get off Welfare. And for people who don't go out and get jobs after three years or so, this is where "punishment" should come in, and benefits should be reduced by half, thereby giving incentive for these people to go get a job. Now, notice I'm not saying getting their dream job, paying top dollar, I'm saying, "a job." Whether it's reception work, or working at a fast food joint. And reduction of benefits for people should also be determined by what job they get. So, if they have no skills in office work, their benefits should not be reduced as much as someone who's been able to get a better paying job. And to add to this, programs should be in place to provide job training for those who want it so that they will have the necessary skills to go get that office job as a receptionist or file clerk or whatever (which is where @Mstybl95's idea of education comes in).

What I resent, and what many resent are the people who think that sitting around, doing nothing and making no effort toward anything and that collecting Welfare is normal. This is not what Welfare was supposed to be. But thanks to the government, this is what it has become. But you're right, @Mstybl95, it's very much not EVERYONE on Welfare's fault. But it does feel to be the majority. I have a friend who works for the state and deals with the Welfare cases, and the stories she's told me, just really anger me.

It's really no secret though, that in most things where our government is concerned, I think that We The People could run this country better than our Government has been doing. But like most clueless and oppressive parents, our Government pats us on the head and coos, "No, no, you don't really know anything. We know what's best for you..." and then shoves unwanted things down our throats while taking other things away. The Government continuously tries to tell people that this or that is so much more complicated than we know, but I'm sorry, I don't believe that. It's only as difficult as they (the Government) wants to make it. Overhauling Welfare may be a PITA, but it can (and should) be done and really should have been done a long time ago. But it's not a priority of the Government, so they just don't care and so things never change.

OK, I'm getting off my big soap-box now.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I don't think anyone chooses to stay on welfare, anyone who is on long term welfare I'm quite sure they aren't having a great time. Most people on long time welfare have mental health problems, have had a poor upbringing and negative beliefs about the world. These people have gave up on having any kind of decent future or lifestyle that their attitude changes to "so what" , "I don't care". Instead of punishing these people for not working, by stopping any income they have which will more likely make them turn to crime or suicide, maybe try and help them out a bit.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I am currently enjoying my legacy family having a Mountain vacation and occupying 2 rooms at the Blau Hills Resort.
    After returning from a community lot, Augustus and son Byron were fairly hungry, so I got Byron to telephone room service and order a group meal. Nancy was so tired that she went straight to bed to sleep.
    After making the call, Byron went to her room and slept in her bed too - an autonomous action.
    In all my years of playing, I have never had this - Augustus got a book (I'm thinking 'write in diary') and started to 'read to sleep' Byron.
    240asnapshot_4451a94c_c45ec746.jpg
    edited June 2016
    I've started testing a new Mod that lets me freeze my sims after returning from a day's outing at a community lot so the time can advance to the point where they'd left the lot to come home.I can also freeze the clock if they're running late getting ready for bed ir getting ready for work and their toilet breaks.
    edited June 2016
    the freeze of time is a good thing in my opinion, a strategic tool for some things, especially for building up businesses.
    In Sims 3 that freeze of time while sims are at uni or WA is the same, very useful.
    and unless you have a good stock of elixir of life, I don't see how it would be any good to change it.
    I use a Mod to turn aging on or off for sims by type and the time freeze can freeze your sims while the clock is left unfrozen so it can advance to the time you left the community lot to return home.It's a Mod I downloaded from MTS to fix the issue of returning from a day's outing at a community lot to have to repeat the day again at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top