Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval Discussion

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims Medieval
If I had to choose a moodlet system (which isn't my cup of tea for The Sims) I would have used the TSM system over that of TS3 or TS4's moodlet systems.

Having tried all The Sims games except MySims, or the console versions, or Pet Stories, I think I can say TSM's buff system is much better if we have to have one at all.

It would have been my preference if the moodlet system had never come to The Sims but too late for that, now.

So, while replaying TSM and having more experience with TS3 over the years and now, TS4, I feel TSM is the better system of the three. Speaking of the buff system and their traits and emotional system and mood, if there must be one in The Sims.

Take for instance the buffs for keeping the Sims in a better mood (in TSM for performance sake aka focus, for anything they try to do such as even make friends) the TSM system is ten times better in this area because the game doesn't overly saturated with happy buffs feeding into happy buffs.

Unlike TS4 the TSM Sims seem more natural and traits matter more it would seem. Like if a Doctor is so full of him/herself this can give a bad buff of more than -40 sometimes. Anywhere from 10 to 40 points making it difficult for them to actually succeed at their job and or their quest. And then take into account they don't have that much money, (which is fun btw) and it would be hard to find 'any' picture in the game that would just go ahead and give them a huge buff to make them happy. So, I felt this game has much more balance and not out of balance like TS4 which comparing it to TSM's moodlet system seems so easy peasy.

After finally getting it installed into this pc (different one) and playing a few days (totally from scratch) I began to see why I loved this game in 2011.

Yes, quests can be repetitive but I don't make mine try to get it all done in one day. I make sure they eventually get to platinum status before finishing up the quest. (Matters later). So, during the mean time it was easy to gain lovers and friends, (don't marry the wrong Sim due to quests later) and see how well done this game was built.

Being able to play on very high settings this time I was surprised by the lightening in this game, things I missed in 2011. That was great. But OT to my discussion about moodlet systems in The Sims.

I really enjoyed rediscovery the fatal flaws and last time I played (a few years ago) I had made it really easy on myself by picking ones not too hard to manage. But this this giving the doctor the hubris fatal flaw instead of drunkard was more difficult and more fun to try to overcome those moods, and what a whopping decrease he got -40 or more some days, from it and without much money it wasn't easy to find something that would level out the buff system for him. Too poor for fancy decorations (just any won't do like it does in TS4) etc. Or finding something that would last with big buff points for hours.

First love, kiss etc. works for a few days. Much better than reading a book or something of that nature. But I find the TSM much more challenging and more fun than the TS4 moodlet system.

And you know something, I didn't even miss the multitasking like I thought I would. Glad I kept my DVD.

ETA: I never did catch the pixie in the woods but one day my merchant finally run across that opportunity and caught it in a jar. That was a surprise, but not sure what I was ever supposed to do with it. So, being a poor merchant I made her sell it for $1,500 in her stall. Lol That was certainly helpful since this time she couldn't afford to buy expensive items to sell in her stalls. Winderburg made me miss TSM so I'm back to playing and hope I play all the way through, again. But stop to spell the roses, too.

ETA: And I will have to say this I do like the TSM 3D models better. Many more sliders to fiddle with in advanced than I can do in TS4's pull clay features. I was able to create the Sims I wanted (again) in TSM and they not look like TS3 Sims or TS4 Sims. Many more choices with brow and nose features. Right down to every detail about nose bridges and nostrils, etc. Much more detail in those sliders. I wish TS3 and TS4 had those sliders.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Finished the first Ambition (again, years later) Working on my second but I don't think I'm going to have enough QP to get all the territories conquered. I had 50 RP to start with that one but as soon as I placed the first building I didn't have any left and it was only 40 RPs...,must be a bug? So, I have to spend QPs I have on non related quests so I can get enough RP to place the correct buildings so I can play (and use up) more QPs so I can finally afford to play the actual quests that conquer those territories. lol I don't recall it being this difficult to have enough RP to do that one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.