Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about The Sims Stories games?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
I know most Simmers don't talk about The Sims Stories games but about a month ago, I made this thread about The Sims Stories being released on Mac. The Sims Life Stories, The Sims Pet Stories, and The Sims Castaway Stories are the three The Sims Stories games although for some reason on the OS X release, they are called The Sims 2 Stories as opposed to The Sims Stories.

It's nice they have been released but most PC users don't own a Mac and The Sims Stories has no longer been sold on Origin as of 2012. If you are a Windows user and you want The Sims Stories games, you will have to purchase the DVD versions from Amazon. If you are wondering if you can get a free download version like with The Sims 2 UC, you can't. Origin doesn't accept The Sims Stories codes and I don't think contacting EA would entitle you to a download version of those games.

The Sims 2 has the same problem when Aspyr released The Sims 2 Super Collection but many Windows users had luck in getting The Sims 2 UC by contacting EA which is the only way to get The Sims 2 (download version at least) on Windows. Otherwise, you'll have to get disc versions used from Amazon. For The Sims Stories, you'll probably out of luck.

The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories are the only Sims games for the PC not sold on Origin. We have Sims 3, Sims 4, and Sims Medieval but still no Sims 2 to this date.

I really wish EA would re-release The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories into Origin. It's not fair Mac users can buy them but we can't. Yes, they will have graphical bugs (black rectangles under Sims) but I think PC users should get another chance to play The Sims 2/The Sims Stories.

What are your thoughts about The Sims Stories games?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I may or may not own Pet Stories (and am too lazy to go upstairs and check), but I know I've played Life Stories before. I made it part of the way through the girl's route and then said "plum this I want to just play regular sims 2 now". I don't think I touched it again after that.

Castaways was AMAZING though <3 I made it all the way to the end with the guy. Never did the girl. I don't have that disc anymore as I had it on the pc at my grandparents years back...but I don't have any real desire to play it anyways, so it doesn't matter.