Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sell Home

I wish to buy a home which I have saved in my Gallery. My problem is I want to put it on the lot that my current home is on. So how do I sell the current home to free up the lot for my new home? Is there any way to sell your current home?

Thank you.

Comments

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    You can go to edit town and evict your family from the house and then bulldoze the house.

You can save anything you want to keep by putting it in the personal inventory or family inventory.
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    But if I bulldoze the lot, won't I lose the simoleons I spent when I built the house itself (not anything I added inside)? I spent a lot on the foundation, the walls, etc...do I lose that if I bulldoze?

Thank you.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You'd have to try and see but I think evicting the family in Edit Town effectively sells the house. Doing this to an active family though will make them not-active and you'll lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

Another way would be to have your sims move to another house (or empty lot) in the world which will sell the current lot, immediately go into Edit Town, bulldoze the lot, place the house from your residential lot bin, return to the game, then have them purchase the old lot with the new house.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @TreyNutz is correct. When you evict your family from the house to the clipboard, they get the money from the house. But, they will also lose any opportunities they have, and any wishes you've promised them. Plus, I've noticed that when I do this, my sims aren't quite the same when I go back to them. The way I play each of them has a lot to do with the wishes they make, and after evicting to the library, their wishes are often totally different than the kinds of wishes they were making before. For all of those reasons, I avoid moving them to the clipboard for any reason other than it being the only way to fix a glitch.

What I would do instead is have them move to a vacant lot, bulldoze the lot and place the new house, then have them move back to that lot. But, even when I have the game pack their furniture, I move everything they have that can go into their personal inventories, into their personal inventories, because sometimes when sims move, even though you pack the furniture, some of those things get lost in the move, even though they shouldn't.