Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I lost my puppy?!

SKWTOOSKWTOO Posts: 4 New Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
I finished the puppy/kitten quest on time. I was supposed to visit the pet store and get the puppy. I did. It was free, and I assigned it to the Sim who had completed the quest. The house says it has two pets now, but I can't find the puppy! I've tried "calling" it over with the food bowl. I've tried using the puppy floor mat, but the puppy isn't there. Since you can only have 2 pets per household, I'm out of luck. Any ideas? The Sims in the house will die of old age before EA acts on a request for help. Thanks! GC- SKWTOO

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I lost my puppy immediately when I got the "Sit with puppy" quest. This happened even on both my iOS game and on my android game too. So I have asked the support for help yesterday. They seem to know this problem very well and are able to solve it. But Firemonkeys is in Australia and it has been weekend. They should be on work now. But they must be very busy helping people with this problem.
  • Options
    Erpe- Did you file a report with Fire Monkeys and get help? I've had a difficult time getting answers from them. I always get a request to send a screenshot of the event. How do I send a screenshot of a missing puppy?
  • Options
    @SKWTOO I didn't get that request. They seem to know the problem because "Missing puppy" was one of the possibility their support side suggested. So I chose that and immediately got an email answer (probably from their robot) with a request to upload a savegame to the cloud and to tell them when I had done that. So I did it and got an answer (from the robot) to stop playing until they had solved the known problem by sending a corrected savegame back to me. This haven't happened yet though.

The puppy disappeared nearly a week ago. So I have missed the quest. But I still have to fulfill it to make it go away.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Same thing happened to me. Couldn't find the puppy after the sit with puppy request. You do have to file a report with Fire Monkey and upload your save file because not everyone is experiencing the problem. There is no universal fix. I uploaded my file on Friday and still haven't gotten a corrected save file back. They did send me a message saying it could take a while because they had so many requests.
  • Options
    SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Hi Everyone!

We're really sorry about the disappearing puppy... silly trouble puppy! :( The good news is that we have a fix that our support team can apply to your game which will enable you to finish the quest! You can contact our support team through a help request - http://bit.ly/EAFMhelp

If the quest timer has expired in your game, fret not! So long as you've got a help request in to us, our support team can and will help you complete the quest! There may be a delay on responses because support is working as hard as they can to help everyone, but rest assured, they will definitely be able to help you!

Thanks so much for your patience and support :)<3
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me. Couldn't find the puppy after the sit with puppy request. You do have to file a report with Fire Monkey and upload your save file because not everyone is experiencing the problem. There is no universal fix. I uploaded my file on Friday and still haven't gotten a corrected save file back. They did send me a message saying it could take a while because they had so many requests.
    They should be working on a universal fix anyway - and they probably are. But it is easier to just fix few savegames than to find the bug which causes the problem. The problem with individual fixes which apparently have do be done manually in each case is that thousands of people seem to have the problem - so their work to do it becomes overwhelming.

So I am not optimistic about getting fixed savegames back for my two tablets. Instead I hope that they will be able to make a universal fix which add code to examine the existence of the puppy and add it if it is missing - or to just remove the bug which makes the puppy invisible for thousands of people.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Just received my corrected save file. Downloaded and the puppy was in the sim tracker. Got the option to sit with puppy.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Just received my corrected save file. Downloaded and the puppy was in the sim tracker. Got the option to sit with puppy.
    Me too. It took a week. But now I just received the puppy for both my iOS game and my android game. In both cases I got an email from "Nick".

Edit: The mails were sent at 01:20 and at 01:21. So even though I sent two different requests from two different mail addresses there were only one minute between the two identical replies. So my guess is that Firemonkeys now have finished a robot which can handle all such requests automatically.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    This is so frustrating. They have sent me the override file three times, but the puppy isn't in it! The only thing I can think of is that the app insists on telling me who has gotten promoted, paid, etc. before it will allow me to go to the settings menu for the cloud. I can't think of a way to avoid this. I've put everyone into hibernation except two sims who are on long term activities that I'm not going to spend LP to stop. Ideas?
  • Options
    I got working savegames back for both my tablets. The puppy still couldn't be found anywhere though. But in the list of my sims there was a new "sim" at the top called "Lost puppy". I therefore could call this lost puppy over and the problem was solved.

Be careful not to overwrite the fixed savegame before you download it. This will happen if you save again after receiving it or (automatically) if any of your sims visit another town.