March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Ultimate Collection Need Help With Crash in CAS

graveyardfaeriegraveyardfaerie Posts: 6 New Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 2
So I am having the typical problem of TS2 crashing in CAS, loading a family, or loading a house. Typical. I have googled solutions- I have tried multiple solutions. My reason for posting this is all the information I have found is from 2013/2014- it's now 2016. Maybe there's something new.

I am running the game with Windows 8.1, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics card. My dad says chances are it's too new of a card, but maybe not.
I have tried troubleshooting the game and running it with Windows 7, Vista, and XP. Nothing helps.
I went to this site - www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 - Downloaded for my card and has no effect.
I have the latest DirectX program - Sometimes the game says it needs 9.0, which I can't download because Windows 8 is too new.
Tried installing programs like Graphics Rules Manager- says it can't find my game even when it is directed to the correct folder.
Followed this link and did these steps - www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uBWrF6wmU

Anyone have any new suggestions?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)

Do you use CC?
    Have you tried the game without CC?

This Folder for the GRM?- (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9)
  • graveyardfaeriegraveyardfaerie Posts: 6 New Member
    I have tried with and without CC, and that folder is where I am starting the game from.