Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just put in toddlers already.

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I wish they would add them soon. I am curious about that survey that went out a while ago about future eps. I really want the generations one with toddlers and preteens but they never told us the results of it.
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited January 2016
    I just started playing Sims 4, but wasn't there a patch that was supposed to put toddlers in?

ETA: I'm sorry if it's been discussed already.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    shouldn't this be in feedback?
    (not trying to be rude, but idk)
    anyway, yeah if they just put this life stage back in a lot of people would stop complaining :D
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    Put toddlers in... but only in one of the movie posters.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I don't want to anger people want now, but Maxis, just put toddlers back in. I'm getting sick of people begging for them constantly. (No offense to anyone. Not trying to start a fight.)
    I'm getting sick of people begging for toddlers because they get sick of people begging for toddlers :rolleye:
    (no, not really, I couldn't care less, but it makes a funny line)
    Word of advice: stay out of feedback when feedback annoys you. Because that's where the toddlers topics are. Or just don't open those topics. They are quite recognizable; the title often contains the word 'toddler'.

@JoAnne65 Now they are feedback, but a couple months ago etc many people flooded threads non related to toddlers to ask about toddlers and every announcement made people would nag and say it doesn't matter cause is not toddlers lol.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I don't want to anger people want now, but Maxis, just put toddlers back in. I'm getting sick of people begging for them constantly. (No offense to anyone. Not trying to start a fight.)
    I'm getting sick of people begging for toddlers because they get sick of people begging for toddlers :rolleye:
    Word of advice: stay out of feedback when feedback annoys you. Because that's where the toddlers topics are. Or just don't open those topics. They are quite recognizable; the title often contains the word 'toddler'.

@JoAnne65 Now they are feedback, but a couple months ago etc many people flooded threads non related to toddlers to ask about toddlers and every announcement made people would nag and say it doesn't matter cause is not toddlers lol.
    This topic wasn't created a couple of months ago though ;) (but really, I don't mind this topic at all; the OP wants toddlers in the game, how can I object ;) ?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited January 2016
    People just don't know who to blame with regards to the miss fallings of this game. I do maintain that blame can't be cast on the dev team. They just doing their job, they do what they told. Like it was posted somewhere above, this game was pulled from the garbage pile that was Olympus and made Into what we have today. I don't think there were ever going to be toddler or any other life stage beside YA (which is why teens/adults/elders are all now cut from the same template). The last few months of development may have been placed on the creation of children and finally the lack luster baby "object".

They will remain silent cause coming forth and admitting their short falls would basically have them sitting with egg on their face, putting them into the spotlight showing they released a half baked game and highlighting the lies fans were told. They will just not do it, so they remain silent, but that silence in my opinion is its own admission of guilt.
  • pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I think that at some point they will let us know if they plan on putting toddlers in the game. I also think that it is now a 50/50 of people who want all life stages in the game and those who no longer care. I would love for them to make a Generations focused EP and have toddlers patched into the game. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be sometime soon.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    They wanna surprise everyone with toddlers, so obviously they're not gonna tell us about it now... That's just my wishful thinking. :P

From your lips to the Maker's ear.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    People just don't know who to blame with regards to the miss fallings of this game. I do maintain that blame can't be cast on the dev team. They just doing their job, they do what they told. Like it was posted somewhere above, this game was pulled from the garbage pile that was Olympus and made Into what we have today. I don't think there were ever going to be toddler or any other life stage beside YA (which is why teens/adults/elders are all now cut from the same template). The last few months of development may have been placed on the creation of children and finally the lack luster baby "object".

They will remain silent cause coming forth and admitting their short falls would basically have them sitting with egg on their face, putting them into the spotlight showing they released a half baked game and highlighting the lies fans were told. They will just not do it, so they remain silent, but that silence in my opinion is its own admission of guilt.

I agree. Honestly, I don't care who's to blame or whose failure it was. It doesn't matter to me. I'm sympathetic to the fact that the dev team is rushed and working with scraps, but unfortunately that doesn't make the game any more palatable to me. The base is weak and although I know they are making an effort to work with what they have, the weaknesses show. Seems like we'll be stuck in the shadow of Olympus's ghost until this iteration has run its course.

I think that they are silent on toddlers because silence is the most beneficial right now. If they just said they weren't coming, a lot of people would be done with the game altogether. I mean, they could very well be working on them, who knows? But, R.F.'s interview didn't give me much hope for that.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    the best option to have an answer would be to tweet this topic to the sims gurus on tweeter :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2016
    the best option to have an answer would be to tweet this topic to the sims gurus on tweeter :)

The gurus aren't allowed to talk about anything toddler or future related, so it doesn't change anything.

The only thing you will get is:

A ) Ignorance
    B ) ''Sorry, can't comment on future content''
    C ) ''Anything is possible in the future!'' (SimGuruSarah's favorite)
    D ) ''We hear you!''
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

I agree. Honestly, I don't care who's to blame or whose failure it was. It doesn't matter to me. I'm sympathetic to the fact that the dev team is rushed and working with scraps, but unfortunately that doesn't make the game any more palatable to me. The base is weak and although I know they are making an effort to work with what they have, the weaknesses show. Seems like we'll be stuck in the shadow of Olympus's ghost until this iteration has run its course.

I think that they are silent on toddlers because silence is the most beneficial right now. If they just said they weren't coming, a lot of people would be done with the game altogether. I mean, they could very well be working on them, who knows? But, R.F.'s interview didn't give me much hope for that.

Totally agree.

I don't care who is responsible for Olympus. I care how it's addressed. And so far for me as a customer it has not been addressed sufficiently to justify the premium cost of the game and I am beyond sick of reading excuses.

'Potential' means nothing until it's utilised. I can't play with that. My experience of the game is affected greatly by the cuts. And I don't think *we* the customer should be held responsible for the losses EA created funnelling money into an online social game experiment. They could have been honest and said that is where the issue was-the origin of the cuts. But instead they try to pretend Olympus never existed and try to reach for any other 'reason' to justify releasing an unfinished base game. They were in charge of the release date. The same month TS4 was released EA CEO promised that EA wouldn't release unfinished games any more-but yet it was 'okay' for simmers to be given an unfinished game?!

I have an element of sympathy with the devs being in a tough spot. But the end product is what matters to the player. Player first should mean good experience is the aim of an outcome for all of their players. And when players tell you where the product falls down for them it is because they want the issue addressed or corrected. That is not being mean. People only say what they want because they want a game they can enjoy. It should be appreciated that people care enough to bother.

Totally agree.

I don't care who is responsible for Olympus. I care how it's addressed. And so far for me as a customer it has not been addressed sufficiently to justify the premium cost of the game and I am beyond sick of reading excuses.

'Potential' means nothing until it's utilised. I can't play with that. My experience of the game is affected greatly by the cuts. And I don't think *we* the customer should be held responsible for the losses EA created funnelling money into an online social game experiment. They could have been honest and said that is where the issue was-the origin of the cuts. But instead they try to pretend Olympus never existed and try to reach for any other 'reason' to justify releasing an unfinished base game. They were in charge of the release date. The same month TS4 was released EA CEO promised that EA wouldn't release unfinished games any more-but yet it was 'okay' for simmers to be given an unfinished game?!

I have an element of sympathy with the devs being in a tough spot. But the end product is what matters to the player. Player first should mean good experience is the aim of an outcome for all of their players. And when players tell you where the product falls down for them it is because they want the issue addressed or corrected. That is not being mean. People only say what they want because they want a game they can enjoy. It should be appreciated that people care enough to bother.

Agreed
    I still maintain a guru of some sort needs come to the forums once in awhile and post. They don't have to answer questions or enter debates. Just a simple post to say "we have noted your concerns and expectations, and they are being "heard". I don't want a ambiguous tweet, I want to actually see a guru post here. . .in the official forums. Sad to say that most of the time I feel we are only talking to ourselves and one another.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Your sig just makes me want pets that much more. Tease much? :wink:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Le sigh. That's all I can say.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I have to admit I don't get the complaining about people "begging" either. If toddlers threads annoy you so much, why keep going into them? You bring that upon yourself.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Meanwhile, at EA headquarters...

6SOpvoh.jpg

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I have to admit I don't get the complaining about people "begging" either. If toddlers threads annoy you so much, why keep going into them? You bring that upon yourself.
    I dunno, I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but it seems to me like every thread has the potential to turn into a toddler thread and many of them do. I mean, I've been following the forums for all of like... half a month? And I've probably read the word "toddler" over 100 times, not counting clicking on threads with the word toddler in the title.

It's like... patch speculation? Toddlers. Patch happened? It should have had toddlers. What do we want next? Toddlers. What have we gotten so far? Not toddlers. Future pack ideas: Does it include toddlers? If so, it should have toddlers. Where is generations? Toddlers? Toddlers? ....toddlers?!?

That's how it feels to me sometimes.

Granted, I probably won't give a single plumbob about any of this tomorrow, but I'm tired and cranky today, so that's my feeling right now.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I dunno, I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but it seems to me like every thread has the potential to turn into a toddler thread and many of them do. I mean, I've been following the forums for all of like... half a month? And I've probably read the word "toddler" over 100 times, not counting clicking on threads with the word toddler in the title.

It's like... patch speculation? Toddlers. Patch happened? It should have had toddlers. What do we want next? Toddlers. What have we gotten so far? Not toddlers. Future pack ideas: Does it include toddlers? If so, it should have toddlers. Where is generations? Toddlers? Toddlers? ....toddlers?!?

That's how it feels to me sometimes.

Granted, I probably won't give a single plumbob about any of this tomorrow, but I'm tired and cranky today, so that's my feeling right now.

It just shows you that it's a popular request. It's no different from anyone asking for any other feature.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Triplis At the risk of being that douchecanoe who quotes themselves, I've commented on this issue so many times that I should have a form letter by now... anyway here's a snip of a post of mine where I attempt to explain why the toddler issue continues to flourish and will until the issue is addressed one way or the other:
    Look, in order to properly simulate a life, cradle to grave, it's crucial to have all life stages.

Some players aren't interested in doing that. That's fine. They can skip stages, turn off ageing, make everyone a ghost-alien, whatever. The ability to ignore realistic life simulation will not be removed by the addition of toddlers. The ability to enjoy realistic life simulation IS seriously impacted by their absence.

There are tons of other issues with the game but the removal of cradle to grave ageing is an obvious issue with a fairly straight forward solution. until toddlers are added, players will continue to point to their omission as an easily identifiable problem in this game.
  • AlisonCuteSimsAlisonCuteSims Posts: 165 Member
    They just need to put away the Netflix and Chill pack and work on what people actually want.
    3dd20d8220bdc70e9490da5f62974d35.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm glad for the movie pack. I don't get it. People cry for more things that are "life simulation" and when the dev team puts out something that is everyday life related, it gets shot down too.