Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just put in toddlers already.

Comments

• geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    edited January 2016
    Astro wrote: »
    Toddlers aren't made in a day, they'll be put in (imo) eventually.

If they put toddlers in the game from the beginning, this wouldn't be a problem. Don't even try to make excuses for their laziness. The developers originally even said that toddlers were gonna be included in the base game, but took them out pretty much at last minute because it was "too hard".

Suggesting that "toddlers aren't made in a day" as a reason for them not being in the game is just a lazy excuse for them. The Sims 2 and Sims 3 had them in the base game from day one. There are no valid excuses for them not being in The Sims 4 other than the fact that the developers are just lazy and don't care.

Olympus is a valid excuse for the toddler absence.

"Too hard", "lazy", "don't care". Any other words you'd like to use that are out of context?

What about Olympus prevented them from making toddlers? Did it prevent them from creating the other life stages? No, it didn't, so why would it prevent them from creating toddlers? I vaguely remembering a guru saying they didn't want to shoehorn toddlers in, or something like that but they felt it was okay to tie babies to a bassinet and make teens look exactly like adults and young adults to the point where it is hard to differentiate between them. Until there is solid proof that Olympus prevented Maxis from creating toddlers than I won't be able to take that as an excuse. Especially since every other life stage is in the game right now.

But even if Olympus did, in fact, prevent them from making toddlers that is not a valid excuse at all. As a paying customer I expect the game to be 100% complete regardless of what happens behind the scenes because at the end of the day the final product is what is most important. As an artist my self who is currently in school I know that unexpected things can happen during the creative process that may effect what my final piece may look like. But do my professors care? No, I could whine all day to my professor about it but at the end of the day they won't accept my excuse because they aren't grading my process and the issues that I had they are grading my final piece. Just like with The Sims 4, we aren't buying their process we are buying the final product.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

If they put toddlers in the game from the beginning, this wouldn't be a problem. Don't even try to make excuses for their laziness. The developers originally even said that toddlers were gonna be included in the base game, but took them out pretty much at last minute because it was "too hard".

Suggesting that "toddlers aren't made in a day" as a reason for them not being in the game is just a lazy excuse for them. The Sims 2 and Sims 3 had them in the base game from day one. There are no valid excuses for them not being in The Sims 4 other than the fact that the developers are just lazy and don't care.

"Too hard", "lazy", "don't care". Any other words you'd like to use that are out of context?

Olympus isn't even a valid excuse either... lol Are you really that dense? Turning a spin off tablet game into the 4th main series game just because they knew it would make more money is literally pure laziness.

They had a deadline to get TS4 out, Rachel Franklin wasn't in charge of maxis then. She didn't get the option to push the release date of 4 back more to include all those "base game" features.

Calling me dense because I don't share the same view as you? Cool.

Don't use "base game" in quotes as if I was incorrectly speaking. Toddlers have been in the base game since Sims 2. That makes them officially a base game feature. Also, to further prove my point, toddlers were originally supposed to be in Sims 4. The gurus once confirmed that ALL life stages from Sims 3 will be included, but only later decided to remove toddlers because "things change". Not even kidding. You can even look this up!

I didn't call you dense because you don't share the same view. I said it because you actually thought renaming a spin off game to represent the fourth installment of a franchise was actually a good excuse for the lack of toddlers.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    geekchic96 wrote: »

What about Olympus prevented them from making toddlers? Did it prevent them from creating the other life stages? No, it didn't, so why would it prevent them from creating toddlers? I vaguely remembering a guru saying they didn't want to shoehorn toddlers in, or something like that but they felt it was okay to tie babies to a bassinet and make teens look exactly like adults and young adults to the point where it is hard to differentiate between them. Until there is solid proof that Olympus prevented Maxis from creating toddlers than I won't be able to take that as an excuse. Especially since every other life stage is in the game right now.

But even if Olympus did, in fact, prevent them from making toddlers that is not a valid excuse at all. As a paying customer I expect the game to be 100% complete regardless of what happens behind the scenes because at the end of the day the final product is what is most important. As an artist my self who is currently in school I know that unexpected things can happen during the creative process that may effect what my final piece may look like. But do my professors care? No, I could whine all day to my professor about it but at the end of the day they won't accept my excuse because they aren't grading my process and the issues that I had they are grading my final piece. Just like with The Sims 4, we aren't buying their process we are buying the final product.

There was never any proof that toddlers were ever in Olympus, so when they scrapped Olympus to make 4 not every life stage was created yet, but for whatever reason they said (a few months before release) that all life stages would be in the base game, which obviously, was later confirmed to be false. And for more than a month before release it was confirmed of what was and wasn't going to be in the base game, but people still bought the game and complained when something they liked or missed wasn't there, who's fault was that?

There was never any proof that toddlers were ever in Olympus, so when they scrapped Olympus to make 4 not every life stage was created yet, but for whatever reason they said (a few months before release) that all life stages would be in the base game, which obviously, was later confirmed to be false. And for more than a month before release it was confirmed of what was and wasn't going to be in the base game, but people still bought the game and complained when something they liked or missed wasn't there, who's fault was that?

The developers also said (after the announcement of no toddlers) that they'll keep working to make the game better and give us the things we want. Well, the game has been released for over a year now and we have yet to even hear ANY information about toddlers. The reason most people still bought the game is because they were mislead to actually believe the game will become better by adding more of the missing features as time goes on.

If the developers can give us pointless gnomes and Star Wars costumes, there is absolutely NO reason they can't actually give us something that's actually relevant to The Sims. Just saying.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

Olympus isn't even a valid excuse either... lol Are you really that dense? Turning a spin off tablet game into the 4th main series game just because they knew it would make more money is literally pure laziness.

They had a deadline to get TS4 out, Rachel Franklin wasn't in charge of maxis then. She didn't get the option to push the release date of 4 back more to include all those "base game" features.

Don't use "base game" in quotes as if I was incorrectly speaking. Toddlers have been in the base game since Sims 2. That makes them officially a base game feature. Also, to further prove my point, toddlers were originally supposed to be in Sims 4. The gurus once confirmed that ALL life stages from Sims 3 will be included, but only later decided to remove toddlers because "things change". Not even kidding. You can even look this up!

I didn't call you dense because you don't share the same view. I said it because you actually thought renaming a spin off game to represent the fourth installment of a franchise was actually a good excuse for the lack of toddlers.

Trust me, I know what gurus said. But was it ever said that toddlers would be in Olympus? I don't think so. And if toddlers were shoehorned last second their would have been complaints of how people thought the toddlers were terrible and blah, blah, blah.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    That has nothing to do with this. There was NEVER a time in the franchise (other than now) when basic features like toddlers have been excluded from the base game with no logical explanation. Therefore, there wasn't really a need for them to explain themselves. We're the ones paying them money. They should at the very least explain why they make the decisions they do. Not only that, but we at least deserve a confirmation about whether or not toddlers are coming. The game has been out for over a year and we have yet to receive any information at all.

Absolutely agree. Was just curious as to whether there was ever anything else like this in previous sims games.

The developers also said (after the announcement of no toddlers) that they'll keep working to make the game better and give us the things we want. Well, the game has been released for over a year now and we have yet to even hear ANY information about toddlers. The reason most people still bought the game is because they were mislead to actually believe the game will become better by adding more of the missing features as time goes on.

If the developers can give us pointless gnomes and Star Wars costumes, there is absolutely NO reason they can't actually give us something that's actually relevant to The Sims. Just saying.

Don't blame the devs for withholding information, blame the PR.

There is also no proof that Olympus prevented Maxis from creating toddlers... Also how do you know not all of the life stages where created yet at the time of Olympus? Did I miss an article or something, do you have any proof of what you are saying regarding Olympus?
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Trust me, I know what gurus said. But was it ever said that toddlers would be in Olympus? I don't think so. And if toddlers were shoehorned last second their would have been complaints of how people thought the toddlers were terrible and blah, blah, blah.

Not sure about Olympus because EA, Maxis, and the gurus have never publically confirmed that TS4 was based on Olympus. However, they did originally state that all previous "normal" lifestates would be in the game (baby through elder)--this was during their development time for TS4 so it was after what one would assume was the Olympus stage. They later announced that toddlers weren't going to make it into the game 2 to 3 months before it was released. The "things change" comment was actually regarding something else (cars, maybe?). I don't remember specifically but a few of us looked it up one evening when LGR was asking about it and it was all still easily found online.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    edited January 2016
    OP, none of us would be "begging" for toddlers if the developers just put them in the game in the first place. Don't go around acting as if we're the bad ones for wanting something in the game that was there in Sims 2 and Sims 3, but suddenly removed in Sims 4 for no actual reason at all. This is their own faults.

I agree! The Sims 4 was in development for years. But Maxis took them out for like you said for no reason at all. Why is it that the games before it had no problem at all putting toddlers in the game but with the Sims 4 it's suddenly a problem. It shouldn't take years and months to create a life stage that was already in the two previous games before it. It makes me angry that Maxis just ignores the fact that toddlers are not in the game and won't updated their PAYING customers at all on whether or not toddlers will ever be put in the game like they were supposed to or even a status of whether or not they are even working on them. @SimGuruDrake just like culling this is an important issue with the Sims 4 that needs to be addressed quickly. Many fans, including myself, are tired of waiting, we need answers now. A lot of this toddler drama would go away if any of the gurus would just speak up and give us an update on toddlers.

Anyway all I know is for the amount of time it is taking them to make toddlers, if they even are at this point, they better be the best, if not perfect, life state in the Sims 4.

I completely agree! I really hate how so many people are actually attempting to make excuses for the lack of toddlers by suggesting that it's "hard" or that "it takes time"... that's not even the point! The point is they should already be in the game anyway. Other than laziness, I cannot see any logical reason why toddlers weren't in the base game to begin with. But, like you said, even Sims 2 and Sims 3 had toddlers. Plus, I'm pretty sure the whole point of The Sims 4's game engine (which they called "Smart Sim") was supposed to make things like programming easier, so if that's really true, then where are the toddlers!? If they can have toddlers in the base games for Sims 2 and Sims 3, there is absolutely NO reason they can't add them in Sims 4 for free in a patch.

My sentiments exactly! I can't fathom a logical reason either! There is so much wrong with The Sims 4 now, I feel like I am going crazy just thinking about it. If they would just add toddlers in already!

There is also no proof that Olympus prevented Maxis from creating toddlers... Also how do you know not all of the life stages where created yet at the time of Olympus? Did I miss an article or something, do you have any proof of what you are saying regarding Olympus?

None of the concept art showed anything other than YA, so who knows, maybe all the life stages were created for Olympus, but I doubt that.

There's various articles regarding Olympus on this forum, if you need confirmation on what I'm saying you can search for it.
    edited January 2016

But they shoehorned babies and teens just fine though... :| The babies are pretty terrible (stuck to a bassinet are you kidding me Maxis?) and the teens aren't even teens just adults with a different name, imho.

• TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    100% agree with this lol! Just tell us <_> it's the silence that is doing my head in if anything. Fingers crossed both toddlers and pre-teens are in the next EP..!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz

But they shoehorned babies and teens just fine though... :| The babies are pretty terrible and the teens aren't even teens just adults with a different name, imho.

And again, why they did that I don't know.
    Tellex wrote: »
    100% agree with this lol! Just tell us <_> it's the silence that is doing my head in if anything. Fingers crossed both toddlers and pre-teens are in the next EP..!

It's not the Devs choice of what they can and can't tell us.
    ebuchala wrote: »

Not sure about Olympus because EA, Maxis, and the gurus have never publically confirmed that TS4 was based on Olympus. However, they did originally state that all previous "normal" lifestates would be in the game (baby through elder)--this was during their development time for TS4 so it was after what one would assume was the Olympus stage. They later announced that toddlers weren't going to make it into the game 2 to 3 months before it was released. The "things change" comment was actually regarding something else (cars, maybe?). I don't remember specifically but a few of us looked it up one evening when LGR was asking about it and it was all still easily found online.

One could assume based on the art style. :P

None of the concept art showed anything other than YA, so who knows, maybe all the life stages were created for Olympus, but I doubt that.

There's various articles regarding Olympus on this forum, if you need confirmation on what I'm saying you can search for it.

Concept art doesn't mean anything though. Also Olympus was never officially confirmed, for all we know Olympus could have been in development for a year or maybe it was being worked on concurrently with the Sims 4. Anyway I feel like I am beating a dead horse talking about Olympus. Olympus is not the Sims 4 and vice versa. The point of this thread is that toddlers aren't in the Sims 4 right now and we want them put in for one reason or another. Olympus has nothing to do with it as it stands now.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I don't want to anger people want now, but Maxis, just put toddlers back in. I'm getting sick of people begging for them constantly. (No offense to anyone. Not trying to start a fight.)
    No offense taken, but do you really think if they put toddlers in, everybody will suddenly just shut up and move on? No...
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Just what if Toddlers will be available on console only, that will peeve a lot of Simmers including me! EA should seriously put them in, the majority have waited since base game launched!
    You should've seen what happened when toddlers became available on Freeplay. Never in one place (not here) have I seen so much cursing.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

They aren't made in a year and a half either- apparently- LOL!

We'll need at least a year and 9 months to get them out and ready. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2016
    @KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Just curious - have previous Sims teams responded to fan feedback? I'm just sitting here thinking.. why do they have to listen to us? Don't misunderstand.. I absolutely want them to listen and incorporate our feedback. But did Sims 1,2 or 3 change with fan input? I am literally asking because I haven't been part of these forums very long (just look at my message count -obviously) so I don't know whether this uproar is new or not. Were there major things in the previous iterations that fans petitioned and eventually had changed?

Yes, they did. They still do- just not on the topic of toddlers. They've gone quiet. :)

*I'm not saying we get Everything we ask for but they have added and listened when a lot of players speak.
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    edited January 2016
    Tellex wrote: »

It's not the Devs choice of what they can and can't tell us.

@Astro I didn't say the devs?? <.> I just mean the company as a whole should tell us lol, 'they' should tell us, whomever has the power to do so :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I want toddlers back too....been waiting since I got the game to age up the babies in my main game.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting, this thread got moved out of feedback and into GD. Any idea why?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Interesting, this thread got moved out of feedback and into GD. Any idea why?

Because the gurus know too many people are upset about the lack of toddlers. They don't have an answer about them, so they think moving a discussion like this will help the problem... LOL! Also, I just think they hate being called out on something about the game(s) they work on.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg