Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just put in toddlers already.

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I don't want to anger people want now, but Maxis, just put toddlers back in. I'm getting sick of people begging for them constantly. (No offense to anyone. Not trying to start a fight.)
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Toddlers aren't made in a day, they'll be put in (imo) eventually.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Astro wrote: »

They should at least announce that they're working on them.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I wonder if in 6 months time, there will still be a lack of toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    the best answer i can give even if i do not like much the toddler age in game you should link this thread to the gurus on tweeter
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Let use know if we are going to get them .
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I certainly appreciate your honesty. You're not the only one who feels that way.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    I wonder when people will start to acknowledge toddler aren't ever coming back for this iteration? I will actually respect Maxis Mobile if they just came right out and said they won't be coming back so we can all move on.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2016
    I wonder when people will start to acknowledge toddler aren't ever coming back for this iteration? I will actually respect Maxis Mobile if they just came right out and said they won't be coming back so we can all move on.

Wouldn't they lose sooooo many players over that announcement?
    I agree though. Either say they're coming eventually or not at all. Don't leave it up in the air anymore.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yeah if they did announce that I'd be 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    They wanna surprise everyone with toddlers, so obviously they're not gonna tell us about it now... That's just my wishful thinking. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Toddlers are a big part of the Sims- imo, but they're not what I'm "Begging" for in this game. :lol:
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Wouldn't they loose sooooo many players over that announcement?
    I agree though. Either say they're coming eventually or not at all. Don't leave it up in the air anymore.

If they never add toddlers by the time sims 4 is over, I'm sure some simmers will never trust them again anyway and may never buy more content.

That said, is the amount of players who'll stop buying because they announce "no toddlers" worth all the drama? I mean assuming they really do plan in never releasing them.

Then again maybe the toddler debate is keeping the sims 4 relevant in some respect. (not all ofc, it would still have relevance to thise who enjoy it)

It (the controversy) certainty does keep a consistant buzz around the game though.

----
    Anyway, I agree I wish they'd announce if they're coming or not. More specifically I want them to announce they're being worked on and will arrive because I actually want the life stage.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Ayumap wrote: »

If they never add toddlers by the time sims 4 is over, I'm sure some simmers will never trust them again anyway and may never buy more content.

That said, is the amount of players who'll stop buying because they announce "no toddlers" worth all the drama? I mean assuming they really do plan in never releasing them.

Then again maybe the toddler debate is keeping the sims 4 relevant in some respect. (not all ofc, it would still have relevance to thise who enjoy it)

It (the controversy) certainty does keep a consistant buzz around the game though.

----
    Anyway, I agree I wish they'd announce if they're coming or not. More specifically I want them to announce they're being worked on and will arrive because I actually want the life stage.

I thought about that point too. But I would have to say that large portion of the fan base are legacy players like myself. So it would cut a dent, however big, in their sales. They're lucky that they're the only company I know of, for whatever reason, that can sell unfinished product and people will still buy because there is literally no other competition.

----

I thought about that point too. But I would have to say that large portion of the fan base are legacy players like myself. So it would cut a dent, however big, in their sales. They're lucky that they're the only company I know of, for whatever reason, that can sell unfinished product and people will still buy because there is literally no other competition.

Perhaps you've never heard of Steam Early Access.

Or Minecraft.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Now would be the perfect time. Can you imagine how thrilling it would be to see your little rugrat eat hot, spicy baby food? #sarcasm
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The fact that they haven't alluded to the issue since the game was released is undoable damage to their trust, respect and reliability. I can accept no toddlers, ditch this game and forget about it until The Sims 5, my frustration lies with the silence about it all. If we don't get toddlers this year at some point, we never will and their silence wont matter anymore. We'll know.

Or Minecraft.

Minecraft, yes because I work in the education field and that game is all young boys, and a few girls, talk about. The other one, no. And those are not "life simulation" games, from what I understand.

Or Minecraft.

Minecraft, yes because I work in the education field and that game is all young boys, and a few girls, talk about. The other one, no. And those are not "life simulation" games, from what I understand.

They are, however "unfinished products that people will buy because there is no competition". Minecraft was sold for years prior to release (and I know as I was an early adopter myself), and is still to this day in development years after. And every game on Steam Early Access is in 'alpha' or 'beta', some being there for years, and almost all of them being sold on the basis that the funding continues development.

EA isn't the only company to have a game sold and still being developed at the same time, nor is it a new or exceptional concept at large, especially these days. And S4 hasn't had nearly the issues that games like Arkham Knight or Assassin's Creed Unity has had either, despite all of the S4 packs and such.

Anyway, it's all a bit exaggeration IMHO.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They said in a Survey late last year that they would make them as part of a Generations EP along with Preteens, if they Survey was popular. So that kind of confirms they are still on that table, but they will only get the resources to do it, if they get the Ok from EA to begin work on Generations, rather than using a base game budget.

And they will most likely patch them.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016

----

Then to me it's like ofc they're not going to say anything. (If they have no pans to ever release toddlers). As long as people still buy content in hopes toddlers will come, they're (Maxis) fine. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if toddlers never came in sims 4 and just when everyone swears to never buy again, sims 5 releases with all life stages. Potential bringing a lot of those players back.

You're so right... They're lucky they have no competition, helps them get away with so much. Their only competition is their own games and even that hurts them at times... Imagine if they actually had to do their best or lose players to better games? Bet we'd know if toddlers were coming then.

It's just a cruddy situation.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.

They are, however "unfinished products that people will buy because there is no competition". Minecraft was sold for years prior to release (and I know as I was an early adopter myself), and is still to this day in development years after. And every game on Steam Early Access is in 'alpha' or 'beta', some being there for years, and almost all of them being sold on the basis that the funding continues development.

EA isn't the only company to have a game sold and still being developed at the same time, nor is it a new or exceptional concept at large, especially these days. And S4 hasn't had nearly the issues that games like Arkham Knight or Assassin's Creed Unity has had either, despite all of the S4 packs and such.

Anyway, it's all a bit exaggeration IMHO.

Point taken. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't mind at all that they continue to work and build on it after release. Shows they care. But the Sims series are a field of their own, right? They aren't a FPS game. They're the only life simulation game, and therefore can get away with selling content that isn't their best.

Then to me it's like ofc they're not going to say anything. (If they have no pans to ever release toddlers). As long as people still buy content in hopes toddlers will come, they're (Maxis) fine. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if toddlers never came in sims 4 and just when everyone swears to never buy again, sims 5 releases with all life stages. Potential bringing a lot of those players back.

You're so right... They're lucky they have no competition, helps them get away with so much. Their only competition is their own games and even that hurts them at times... Imagine if they actually had to do their best or lose players to better games? Bet we'd know if toddlers were coming then.

It's just a cruddy situation.

Agreed. But I do think toddlers are coming, because so many have complained, and I want to remain optimistic that because they haven't said anything, that means they're working on it in a special release.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Astro wrote: »

They aren't made in a year and a half either- apparently- LOL!

Sims 4 development started in 2013 so almost 3 years still isn't enough time either lol
    LR3g0ni.jpg