Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Royal Family Game Pack idea

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Your Sims can now become royals!
- New residential lot type: The Royal Palace! Only Sims of royal family can move in.
- New social interactions for royal Sims.
- Create a royal family dynasty that will last forever...or not.
- New royal titles: Queen (Empress), King (Tžar), Princess, Prince.
- New NPCs including the Royal Advisor and the return of the classic Butlers.
- Lots of new objects and decor, as well as Create a Sim assets (including royal crowns, dresses and gowns).

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Only if your sims can become royalty via marriage. Oh and what about stuff like dukes and duchesses?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2016
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd love this! There could be a royalty career path. I had a mod for this in Sims 3 and it was handy, though before that I just used the political career. I'm playing a Game of Thrones themed game and there are NO jobs suitable for royalty, yet the bills are ridiculous for wealthy sims. I had to put my king in the Business career and cheat him to the top level as it was the least inappropriate job for him.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    I love this idea!
  • dlyradlyra Posts: 55 Member
    lol @ orlais but yes this seems like a great idea, I think it'd be cool if you could choose how your sims world is governed but then I feel like that'd be straying too much into Sims Medieval territory...
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2018
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    - New residential lot type: The Royal Palace! Only Sims of royal family can move in.
    - Create a royal family dynasty that will last forever...or not.
    - New NPCs including the Royal Advisor and the return of the classic Butlers.
    - Lots of new objects and decor, as well as Create a Sim assets (including royal crowns, dresses and gowns).

I already have started a royal family, as this has been my biggest wish to play since I played The sims 2, and in The Sims 3 it wasn't even possible. I have resourrected the ghosts at the big mansion up north of Windenburg. Especially Matilde is very fit for a queen. I don't think we need special interactions and/or advisors as all sims with good skills can do this. I have moved her in a nice castle at the Waterfront, because in my country (with kings and queens in RL) the royals tend to live near the coast. I am thrilled that they can click the stove and chose somebody to come and cook. Matilde is so suitable, but I was astonished that she didn't want to keep her relationship with Bernard, who is now a commoner living nearby. Instead she picked a very young sim, a grandson of my ever living angel (avatar), Saturn Angel. She aged him up to young adult, and when they are getting married I imagine they are crowned king and queen, too.

I admit you have a great idea there, but it isn't up-to-date the way our royals live today. The cook by choice and the maid to clean and perhaps a gardener is in fact all we need, and you can have it already.

Matilde and Saturn - my royals to be.
    GREMd7U.jpg
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    This is a great idea! I miss having celebrities, hopefully they bring it back.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    But would it include a mechanic/truck driver who becomes queen?
    (QE2 was a mechanic and truck driver in ww2)

Royals of the last 100 years are not like royals of the middle ages.
    They're a lot more down to earth, and it's become far more common for them to marry commoners.
    These days a lot of royals join the military, not as leaders (as they did in the past), but as soldiers.
    They're also activly involved with charities.
    Many choose to raise their children outside of 'the royal palace' and try to give them as close to a normal life as they can.

With that said, I do like the idea.
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    What about NPCs, like buttlers, maids, nannies, gardeners, cooks? Why not have servants quaters for them?
    Other sims bow/curtsey when they greet them... unless the other sims are rebels

What about dukes and duchesses? Often they're titles given to the siblings of the king/queen.
    What about lords and ladies, earls and countesses?
    A simple way of dealing with this would be to have the kings brother is a duke, the brothers children are earls and countesses, the grand children are lords and ladies, and then the next generation are back to being commoners.

I guess being king/queen would be a variation of being in a political career.
    And I guess their spouse would be a charity champion?
    but how would it work for other royals having jobs?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited October 2016
    Princess approves. I've long been waiting for these sim peasants in my game to realize who their rightful ruler is and bow to me.

So, I would definitely love to see a Royal game pack or even expansion pack. It could have all of the titles that you've mentioned as well as dukes and duchesses.
    Also some live in service wouldn't hurt. As a matter of fact it's a necessity. What kind of royalty cooks for themselves or cleans the dishes? I think there should be an option to "hire live in service" such as babysitters, caterers, cleaning service, etc.

Also coming back to my "bow to me" joke. It's not a joke. NPC sims should bow to a sim marked as a royalty.

Also OP, don't you dare let this thread get lost. I will reside here and spam it with my ideas personally if it gets lower than 10 threads down in the ideas section.

PS: bookmarked
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

What kind of royalty cooks for themselves or cleans the dishes?
    While, at court they won't, in an every day setting, ouside of court life, only the most useless are unable to cook for themselves.

The current Duchess of Cambridge not only can cook, she does so on a regular basis. Her husband is second in line to the throne, it's very likely that she will be Queen one day, and yet this royal cooks. She's trying to give her kids as normal a life as she can.

As for other european royals, most of them were in the scouts as kids/teens, and so have learned how to cook. A good royal is alway prepared for any situation. They can dance at balls in times of peace, or change a tyre when the world is at war.

I'd also assume that all the royals who have served in the military have at some time cooked for themselves, at least as part of their training.

edited October 2016
    What kind of royalty cooks for themselves or cleans the dishes? I think there should be an option to "hire live in service" such as babysitters, caterers, cleaning service, etc. PS: bookmarked

As a person living in a kingdom (Denmark) I can tell you, that the royals nowadays also have lots of responsibilities, jobs everywhere. Our crownprince Frederik is a very trained sportsman, he has made the socalled ironman several times, he is a diver and a sailor. He found his wife i Auatralia, her name is Mary (our next queen), and she was a commoner, until they met at the olympic games in Sidney.

I will still say, that we could use a Game or Stuff Pack with more royal clothes, also for the kids, and some nice modern looking furniture, crowns, diadems and other royal accessories. A maid, that could be hired for this household only and working as often as needed, and probably move her into a house nearby the castle. Same with the gardener, a repairman, and at least one counceller, who also could take care of daily business and letter writing. Don't let them be totally dependant on a cook, as we have it now. But also be able to make small romantic gatherings around their castle ground, where they bring their own drinks and meals. Let us dream on. LOL

• jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I would buy this Ep
    @Movotti Might I point out the Duchess of Cambridge is only able to cook because she lived on her own in her 18-until she married Prince Charles so of course she knew how to cook. How else do you think she survived those years on her own?

About her Grandmother-in-law..might I point out Queen Elizabeth II was in line to become Queen when she was a mechanic in the later half of WWII? Since her father George the VI was the king since the 1930s when his brother Edward VIII abdicated.

It's not like her life was like Mia's (Princess Diaries) who didn't even know she was a princess.
    6adMCGP.gif
    I didn't say that they couldn't cook, did I?
    I just stereotyped royals. Because it's a game. What fun would it be if it was all like real life? And how different would then royals be ( in the game) from normal sims?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

PrincessVee, I think we were just comparing to the royal families we know of. I can think of at lot of fun, if they could be just a bit different. I could wish for a special royal way of waving the hand (like our queen Margrethe the second), like a demand when lots of people were gathered and that he/she could make them cheer at them. The royals should be called for opening ceremonies when we build bridges (proper bridges over water), and new official buildings. If we want very young sims to get married, they would have to ask the king/queen in a letter etc. etc.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I dunno. Can I be the mother of dragons? Even as a guy I would absolutely emerge naked from a fire to hatch out mah babbies.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I dunno. Can I be the mother of dragons? Even as a guy I would absolutely emerge naked from a fire to hatch out mah babbies.
    Lol

MadameLee wrote: »
    About her Grandmother-in-law..might I point out Queen Elizabeth II was in line to become Queen when she was a mechanic in the later half of WWII? Since her father George the VI was the king since the 1930s when his brother Edward VIII abdicated.
    She was also a truck driver.
    I think her mother had a lot to do with the family remaining in London during the war.
    They didn't flee to the country, they remained for the morale of the people who had to remain in the city.

I didn't say that they couldn't cook, did I?
    I just stereotyped royals. Because it's a game. What fun would it be if it was all like real life? And how different would then royals be ( in the game) from normal sims?

Nah, it's not really a stereotype, it's a disneyfication.

Real royals are pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 interesting.

Prince Albert, the husband of Queen Victoria had a lot of interest in science, education and industry, he pushed to improve all of these things in the UK.
    Prince Harry has been a soldier for the past 10 years, but seems to be moving into charity work, both are quite a strong contrast to his party-boy reputation.

Sure, there are jokes about Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
    c1main.beatrice.eugenie.jpg

While the prince married a commoner
    PrinceCharmingCinderellaPrinceWilliamandKate.jpg

The reality of royalty is that they do a lot of work, and struggle to have private lives. The constant public attention puts a lot of strain on roayl relationships.

I could wish for a special royal way of waving the hand (like our queen Margrethe the second), like a demand when lots of people were gathered and that he/she could make them cheer at them. The royals should be called for opening ceremonies when we build bridges (proper bridges over water), and new official buildings.
    This is more like what I'm thinking would work.
    A royal wave that makes the crowd cheer would be awesome.
    Little girls giving royal women bunches of flowers.
    Maybe the occasional person passing out, in awe of meeting a royal.
    There'd need to be military parades too, withthe occasional soldier passing out
    It happens to the Danes too
    article-1246984-0810725F000005DC-267_634x394.jpg

One thing that royals could do, is have much more spectacular versions of celebrations and such.
    This is from the Queen Mothers funeral.
    the-death-of-queen-elizabeth-will-be-the-most-disruptive-event-in-britain-in-the-last-70-years.jpg
    Her four grandsons stand gaurd on the corners. Two in military uniform, two not.

The royals also seem to do a lot of waving form balconies.
    ap_363019869135.jpg?w=770&h=454
    Trivia: The Queen is always dressed in contrast to the people around her, so that she is visible to her security team.

Hmmm speaking of security, they could bring back buglars, ones who try to steal the crown jewels.
    Yes, we must have this game pack, because we are very limited to having real royals as it is now. I have started my own royal family, though, hoping for better days to come. First I'll show you our Danish royal crown prince couple: Frederik and Mary, our king and queen to be.
    Fred%20Mary.jpg

And this is our gordious queen, Margrethe d. 2. I would love to have dresses like this.
    GallaKjole_1.jpg

Now to my Sims' royal wedding, where I had to download clothes to make them look just a tiny bit alike. The groom is my angel's grandson Saturn, and the bride is the revived Windenburg ghost, Matilde. Now calling their guests.
    Bryllup1.jpg

And the: You can kiss the bride photo. Love it.
    Bryllup2.jpg

A big family of the new king to be has come and we also have two of his sisters as bridemaids.
    Bryllup3.jpg

And the first bite of the wedding cake to share. So cute.
    Bryllup4.jpg

A toast for my lovely bride. This is optional and a little speech which is simply so fine.
    Bryllup5.jpg

And after the toast and speech he gets a kiss from his bride. A lovely, royal day in my game.
    Bryllup6.jpg
    @Movotti I guess you never saw Cinderella II then. Disney's Cinderella, Disney's Belle, Disney's Tiana (princesses by marriage, much like Duchess of Cambridge), Disney's Snow White (princess by birth), Rapunzel (Princess by birth) they can all cook. So don't say Disney royals can't cook. At least five of them can cook-four (Cinderella, Snow White, Tiana and Rapunzel) were all seen in their respective movies making food.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee I didn't say that disney princesses can't cook. Though, one does wonder about their so called princes. :p
    Movotti wrote: »
    @MadameLee I didn't say that disney princesses can't cook. Though, one does wonder about their so called princes. :p

The only one I can name is Prince Naveen since he learns to do it during the events of their movie.
    6adMCGP.gif