Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 011 - Rules

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    All finished and here is a link to my blog: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/drifter-house-011/

and a sneak peek: 01-20-16_8-21-33c2a0am.png?w=396&h=210&crop=1
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I read up on house 012 last night, just to take a peek at what was coming up. I'm glad I did, it reminded me I needed to give my heir the mean trait when he aged up!
    Yes yes!! Don't forget that! LOL
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    It sounds like it will be a lot of fun ... definately something different for me! I never give my sims the mean trait ... all those fights ... it's gonna be fun!
    I'm expecting this 2 b something that A LOT of Drifters say :smile: I cannot wait 2 hear all the tales of fun!!

GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 011!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Rules have been updated due 2 The Romantic Garden Stuff Pack adding the Whispering Wishing Well game play

:star: -All wishes using the Whispering Wishing Well (Romantic Garden Stuff Pack) are ok EXCEPT
    -Wish For Youthful Vigor (all life stages)
    -Wish For Life (ghost state)
    :star: -Heir must be made through woohoo for baby command with someone in the household & your "main Sim" (no adopted alien abduction or children who have been added to your household using the Whispering Wishing Well children can be the heir)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Angel_NorthAngel_North Posts: 65 Member
    @MocaJava Well Aiden is a hottie and little Daniel definitely looks like him, lol. And he has those amazing green eyes.
    rM9I0vYaxyLKm4VsZ1Mg8FQL1CPq6MQmG46iB1tCy89VLdTgHPAtia2Dg7e-2De_SepOHzEaYbu-jZ3ZPcevvfAT6jYIc3WnKO0-xOWBvufkiFsmK6lj9pymhWw71dEIET3sPn1pyjs6N38IvmBMdKAEIN3YE5PStBvUJXahotgYHnk8Uu3SUCSJOmm1D_EK14hbOu9cf_tnFz0udrCq1ke3rteYwsue5KeJ5fi15iEYS3KoDL1tFiJ5mGlPpzjtHjxxR6yIpeMr0G5HDqhoazF9dD7I_9y-u4ejtawz6n1UEL0rvWyIyGmfdcDb6wfOBVm1sOa4Nt1PNxRXc_3I4mQcfgk_ukOXgGefLb8LSNQWVpj1X9XHjl2svIrLb0Sl1t6CDWgGAhwC5of2BYBpEiJHOFQEfpeOI8R3txnHLAGqw6PMGpZ11MQrbMbJFnoF3HILC8ZEkGErj0eX3EaFiOlgzaGgJ2FyzNPWMFFBGqVrofzlpmzNorME4NKeen2ems5vRA8X6IGS7_7OJ9v6P7HW1Rcl0tB3PNii9aR6kVuccVRG38hwos_ORUCyuoUlkVaXaVibyhGEJdHcg1Tvqp4SWkqZGes=w1275-h717-no
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited August 2016
    I am a little worried my drifter won't make it to level 10 in her career. :( are there any tips that would help her advance? I always send her to work inspired. but she just doesn't advance all that fast. I am also having her practice tricks while at work. It doesn't appear that having her work hard does anything for moving that ticker along the bottom of the performance bar all that better. She's level 6 right now and 8 days until elder while the heir is 1 more day until he's a teen.
    All I relaly know of is:
    -Complete the daily tasks
    -Send them in the recommended mood
    -Have them work hard unless moods drop & change them accordingly

Do u have any reward traits that help w/promotions or that they don't mind if your Sim slacks off?!

I had a Drifter who had a bug due 2 ComandCenter Mod that they were not getting promotions etc. R u running any mods?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    All I relaly know of is:
    -Complete the daily tasks
    -Send them in the recommended mood
    -Have them work hard unless moods drop & change them accordingly

Do u have any reward traits that help w/promotions or that they don't mind if your Sim slacks off?!

I had a Drifter who had a bug due 2 ComandCenter Mod that they were not getting promotions etc. R u running any mods?!

I do have MCCC but have never had any trouble with promotions before. I will check to see if she has enough rewards to get the slack off or something that can help with promotions. This is the only thing that I haven't completed in this house challenge yet. Is getting her to level 10 in the mixology career. Unless she can get a promotion at least every other day, I don't think I will make it. My heir is now a teen and she is still level 6.
    @Fizzstix Well I really wish u the best of luck! I hope the game gives u those promotions!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I am back from RL vacation.. and see that we have an option to use Jasmine Holiday to boost career and skills. Is skills is this allowed to help with my dragging promotion problem?
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    I am back from RL vacation.. and see that we have an option to use Jasmine Holiday to boost career and skills. Is skills is this allowed to help with my dragging promotion problem?

Welcome back from vacation! Hope you had a great time.

In challenge 001, this Skills Boost was mentioned and @Vihisha mentioned that to use it would take away the challenge. I've heard (somewhere) that socializing with workmates is another way to increase work performance. I wish you success.
    Rawla wrote: »

Welcome back from vacation! Hope you had a great time.

In challenge 001, this Skills Boost was mentioned and @Vihisha mentioned that to use it would take away the challenge. I've heard (somewhere) that socializing with workmates is another way to increase work performance. I wish you success.

Thank you @Rawla I will see if socializing helps.
    @Fizzstix I certainly hope that u had a fabulous vacation! Using the skill boost week really would take away from the real challenge of The Drifter Challenge as u can seriously fly through things sooo fast. However..as I almost always say 2 my Drifters....this is your game....I merely give u a set of some rules w/which u can play. How hard your not, that u stick 2 the rules...if your choice :wink: THX 4 passing on the info @Rawla
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Fizzstix I certainly hope that u had a fabulous vacation! Using the skill boost week really would take away from the real challenge of The Drifter Challenge as u can seriously fly through things sooo fast. However..as I almost always say 2 my Drifters....this is your game....I merely give u a set of some rules w/which u can play. How hard your not, that u stick 2 the rules...if your choice :wink: THX 4 passing on the info @Rawla

Thank you @Vihisha We had a great time on vacation. It was much needed and something we've never done as a family. I'll see how close I can get to level 10 of the mixology career and make a judgement call. It just seems like it should be something that could be accomplished and that something must be holding me back. I haven't fired up the game yet. It's been a hectic week.
    I have a VERY important change!! There is now a NEW link 4 the cleared out world(s) that includes multiple downloads so u can pick & choose which file u want/need...the Simselves that are included have also been updated to b CC free (so no missing pants etc....weeee!)
    :star:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXRh0E1Z3ofdXZTUk1RSDJMWWM
    *simply download one of the files and add it to your saves file in your Sims4 folder* :star:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2016
    I am calling house 011 a fail.. but I am not going to replay it. My heir didn't reach level 10 of the career (without me having to cheat her there) before my heir had his birthday. Something must have been off with my game. She just didn't advance with her promotion bar very much. No idea what was wrong. I always sent her inspired and had her work hard and do tricks and socialize.. I even had her schmooze with the boss a couple times. I loved that family way to much to abandon them to try again. The house was pretty awesome too.

My heir for house 012 is well on his way in the fighting/enemy/bff challenge. He's already made his enemy and gained bff back with her.. he's also going to romance her into his wife too. :D He's won 3 fights and has 5 friends and level 4 charisma. The house still needs a bit of work, but that will come with a fair bit more time. Especially since there is no income other than gathering and gardening right now.
    I am calling house 011 a fail.. but I am not going to replay it. My heir didn't reach level 10 of the career (without me having to cheat her there) before my heir had his birthday. Something must have been off with my game. She just didn't advance with her promotion bar very much. No idea what was wrong. I always sent her inspired and had her work hard and do tricks and socialize.. I even had her schmooze with the boss a couple times. I loved that family way to much to abandon them to try again. The house was pretty awesome too.

My heir for house 012 is well on his way in the fighting/enemy/bff challenge. He's already made his enemy and gained bff back with her.. he's also going to romance her into his wife too. :D He's won 3 fights and has 5 friends and level 4 charisma. The house still needs a bit of work, but that will come with a fair bit more time. Especially since there is no income other than gathering and gardening right now.

I truly am sry that the game wasn't allowing your Sim 2 get those promotions! I know someone was having issues w/certain aspirations NOT updating =( Really puts a damper on things!!
    Sounds like you're alive & kicking (literally) in House 012! Fun stuff! You're making some really good progress it sounds like =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    It's been bothering me that I couldn't successfully complete house 11, so I decided (today) that I am going to do a solo on it. I will create a YA sim separate from my original save file and attempt it again. It has to be doable. I must have missed something or done something out of order or just didn't time it right. I am going to start from the save point at the end of house 10, wipe most of the townies (and get rid of the ghosts) and run the game for a bit and let the game regenerate a population. Does that sound okay, @Vihisha?
    It's been bothering me that I couldn't successfully complete house 11, so I decided (today) that I am going to do a solo on it. I will create a YA sim separate from my original save file and attempt it again. It has to be doable. I must have missed something or done something out of order or just didn't time it right. I am going to start from the save point at the end of house 10, wipe most of the townies (and get rid of the ghosts) and run the game for a bit and let the game regenerate a population. Does that sound okay, @Vihisha?

I think that's a fine idea! I wish u all the luck on House 11, my friend! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I have some VERY important info concerning The Drifter Challenge! I cannot post the video explanation here because it does have RL webcam footage....but PLEASE visit my channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A for all the info!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    New Revamped Rules have been posted! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    New YouTube content added!
    -Manda Panda ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijt0EWsHvtw4AawJKizHKA
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited March 2017
    I've been updating rules for City Living & Vampires packs as well as some random wording fixes etc.

WHERE YOU CAN TRAVEL
    *San Myshuno
    -Myshuno Meadows park
    -Sky Fitness gym
    -Planet Honey Pop! karaoke bar
    -Waterside Warble karaoke bar
    -Any Festival locations the Household Sims are asked to attend
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend or that they host
    *Forgotten Hollow
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend

SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED
    *Have a playable character be/become a Vampire

GAME SET UP FOR CONTINUING DRIFTERS
    Oasis Springs - Base Game
    -Build or Place a Bar (you may choose to make this a Karaoke Bar if you own City Living Expansion Pack)on the Rattlesnake Juice Community Lot
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    -Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)

GAME SETUP FOR DRIFTERS DOING THIS AS A STAND ALONE HOUSE CHALLENGE
    Oasis Springs - Base Game
    -Place or Build a Restaurant on The Futures Past
    -All other Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - - - - -Rattlesnake Juice bar may be replaced with a karaoke bar if you own City Living Expansion Pack
    Willow Creek - Base Game
    -Bulldoze the Umbrage Manor Residential Lot and evict any Sims that may be there
    -Bulldoze the Pique Hearth Residential Lot and evict any Sims that may be there - Skip this step if you do not own Spa Day Game Pack
    -Place or Build a Spa on the Pique Hearth Residential Lot - Skip this step if you do not own Spa Day Game Pack
    -All Other Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from the Gallery
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
    *If The Heir dies or is otherwise removed form the Active Household this mini-challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
    **Extra Prep**
    *Build or place a Bar on the Rattlesnake Juice bar lot in Oasis Springs. This Community Lot can now be visited, as well as The Shrieking Llama bar and the Old Quarter Inn bar in Windenburg, Planet Honey Pop! karaoke bar and Waterside Warble karaoke bar in San Myshuno (please see the Where You Can Travel section for requirements)

*Choose up to three Lot Traits (optional)
    -These can be changed at anytime during game play
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have started this challenge. My sim is a geek, but I'm sure somehow I can turn him into a party animal.
    I'll have to think about how I'm going to built this house!
    Post edited by illusie on
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    I spent the last few days of my heirs teen years looking at ideas for the perfect house for this challenge! So excited!

Yaritza Driftwood
    Part One
    Part Two
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    You are going so fast @theamazinglee! I'm looking forward to see your house!!

My heir hasn't even been born yet but is on the way. I just made a start with the house. I haven't figured out the whole floor plan yet but it will be a big house again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top