Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• Options
    littletimea672littletimea672 Posts: 17 New Member
    And I have Windows 7., 32. bit and DirectX 11.
  • Options
    When loading the EIG, I got this message always: C:\Users\Users\Documents\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 3 Vil?ffffc3?ffffa1gteremt?ffffc5?ffff91 eszk?ffffc3?ffffb6z\UserToolData\Words\teszt vil?ffffc3?ffffa1g.world *in loading had an serious mistake. Highly recommended that afresh start the application! *my translate from hungarian. After this message, then I click, ok, then open the game main menu without my world, and I quit. :(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @littletimea672 - How much memory (RAM) do you have installed on this computer?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I have 4GB RAM, but I would like to buy more 4GB. Igazor, do you think that this will solved my problem?
  • Options
    I have 4GB RAM, but I would like to buy more 4GB. Igazor, do you think that this will solved my problem?

I do suspect that lack of RAM is a factor here but wanted to make sure you already have the full amount possible.

By itself, installing more won't accomplish anything at all. You have a 32-bit operating system, which means that it can only recognize 4 GB of RAM total, any surplus installed would be ignored. Windows 7 itself will be using a sizeable chunk of that, so the game and any other applications would only get what's "left over."

If my suspicions are correct, though they may well not be, the only solution would be to consider a path to a 64-bit version of Windows so more RAM could be added, provided your system can handle it. I played TS3 briefly on a system with only 4 GB long ago and, without CAW, would constantly be using at least 80% of available RAM throughout play. My computer didn't like that very much and the game was not stable on Windows until I upgraded to 8 GB.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you @igazor !
  • Options
    If I forget to tell, that the CAW was worked for me on this computer before the 1.67 game patch, I have created a world and it working well, the CAW worked for me perfect. Only after the 1.67 patch (and now I have 1.69 unfortunately) my EIG does not work, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my TS3 games, but still have the weird message when loading the EIG. :( I think, that is not my computer's problem, it is a patch causes.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    If that were the case, then no one would be able to use EIG on Patch 1.69.

While your game is running (no CAW), how much RAM is it using? You can switch to Windowed mode, minimize it, and check with the Task Manager.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Is there still a CAW as I have tried to update it and it keeps saying that it is corrupt
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    Is there still a CAW as I have tried to update it and it keeps saying that it is corrupt

Is the game telling you that it's corrupt once installed or is your browser complaining about the download? Make sure that you have the right one for your patch level, the version for 1.67 is different from the one for 1.69. There is also an issue with one if not both of the current downloads where Internet Explorer complains about the application being unsigned or something like that and it often refuses to allow one to continue. The answer, if that is happening, is to use a different browser like Firefox or Chrome to do the download.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    "While your game is running (no CAW), how much RAM is it using? You can switch to Windowed mode, minimize it, and check with the Task Manager."
    91%. But I have created a world before the 1.67 Patch.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    "While your game is running (no CAW), how much RAM is it using? You can switch to Windowed mode, minimize it, and check with the Task Manager."
    91%. But I have created a world before the 1.67 Patch.

I meant how much RAM is your game using, not your entire computer. But okay, at 91% usage without CAW you have essentially no memory left. At this point, most applications would start "paging out," another way to say using virtual memory. But TS3 doesn't page like other applications might so at this point the game becomes unstable. Adding in EIG would make it call for yet more memory, which just isn't there. Are you running any other applications, including web browsers, alongside the game that could be quit at this point?

Each of the patches, maybe not 1.67 itself up from 1.66 as that one tiny bump up was trivial, did add to the RAM that the game itself calls for to run -- they each got heavier over time. Patch 1.69 requires Origin to launch the game, so that adds a bit as well. And different worlds require different amounts of RAM at different times in their evolution, so you can't really compare now to then even if it's the same world.

There could well be something else wrong that is blocking this from working for you as you suspect. But I'm sorry, your computer has no resources left at this stage and that has to be a contributing factor.

Edit: Of course, I did leave out something obvious here. Does this work any better with a different fresher (smaller) world or is it just the one that you have tried editing?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    ChrisDadoskyChrisDadosky Posts: 39 Member
    I used the CAW tool to create a world once, and now I'm curious about something. Can I still get the Master Invention opportunity in a custom world? I would have posted a thread about this, but I'm a new member.
  • Options
    I had try that I closed everything on my computer, open a tiny world in CAW, save it, start the EIG, open the Task Manager and all my memory used was 54% when the EIG is loading, after I have got the weird message again. :(
  • Options
    I had try that I closed everything on my computer, open a tiny world in CAW, save it, start the EIG, open the Task Manager and all my memory used was 54% when the EIG is loading, after I have got the weird message again. :(

Okay, that is new information (for us at the moment anyway). The only thing I can suggest I'm afraid is an uninstall of the CAW tool and redownload and reinstall, then run the small world test again. But I suspect you might have already tried that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I used the CAW tool to create a world once, and now I'm curious about something. Can I still get the Master Invention opportunity in a custom world? I would have posted a thread about this, but I'm a new member.

Opportunities work (or don't work) exactly the same in all worlds that have the required resources for them. But are you sure you don't mean the skill challenge? Those should all work the same, regardless.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Okay, that is new information (for us at the moment anyway). The only thing I can suggest I'm afraid is an uninstall of the CAW tool and redownload and reinstall, then run the small world test again. But I suspect you might have already tried that.
    I had try to uninstall, redownload from another browser and reinstall the CAW Tool, but I had to try it again. I have got the weird message again and again. :( Completely hopeless that I create a word again. :(
  • Options
    TeentitansJillTeentitansJill Posts: 5 New Member
    I been having problems where it would say susses and when I got in the game its not there and it would say this when I try installing stuff that I had paid for. Please make sure you have the newer update when I do. Its for the Sims 3. I would be happy if some one can help me.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Bloatyhead wrote: »
    I can't load any of my saved games either post the update. It crashes and gives me an error message.

I have the same thing going on. I haven't been able to play any Origin game since the update. :( The only Sims game I can play is TS2 and that's because Origin doesn't support it anymore.
  • Options
    AlyssiaLeeAlyssiaLee Posts: 1 New Member
    So this is probably a bit late since the patch I am referring to was put out ages ago, but I haven't played in a while. Now, coming back to find that the latest update that I am aware of has split my expansion packs up, "to make it easier and quicker." This may have been a good idea, however, my expansion packs are split over several accounts as my mother bought some expansions under her account and I did on two separate accounts that I have. That being the case, I have 3 accounts that my expansions are split between and can only use one are two at a time.

Choosing to play regardless of this annoyance, I decided I would just switch between expansions, but you can't even do that without starting a whole new game. I have so much content that has been lost because of this update and I do not intend to start over and buy all of it again... any ideas on what to do?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    AlyssiaLee wrote: »
    So this is probably a bit late since the patch I am referring to was put out ages ago, but I haven't played in a while. Now, coming back to find that the latest update that I am aware of has split my expansion packs up, "to make it easier and quicker." This may have been a good idea, however, my expansion packs are split over several accounts as my mother bought some expansions under her account and I did on two separate accounts that I have. That being the case, I have 3 accounts that my expansions are split between and can only use one are two at a time.

Choosing to play regardless of this annoyance, I decided I would just switch between expansions, but you can't even do that without starting a whole new game. I have so much content that has been lost because of this update and I do not intend to start over and buy all of it again... any ideas on what to do?

You would need to contact EA directly and see if they can consolidate all your different accounts into one. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do in this forum to help. Only EA has the authority to get into your accounts.
  • Options
    skettimonskettimon Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow, really? I have to join in on some old threads before I can start my own? What if I'm asking hasn't been asked before and I essentially have to hijack a thread just to get one?

I don't normally turn to forums for answers, I usually google them and find something. But I'm at my wits end with this today.

I have the Sims 3 starter pack I received as a gift last month-the base game, Late Night and High End Loft stuff pack. I downloaded and installed through Origin, everything was fine and had been fine for weeks. I even installed successfully the Master Controller, Story Progression and WooHooer mods from NRAAS. I had issues prior to this where Sims 3 wouldn't even launch despite nothing having happened during the day to it.

However today, I turn on my computer and try to load up the Sims 3 and it acts like the icon isn't even there. I check out my files, everything is looking okay, but then I check out Origin, and lo and behold my game image shows the Origin logo instead of the The Sims 3 game case pack, like it normally does.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, and then it started acting like it was installed, but the option to play was greyed out. I ended up doing a SYSTEM RECOVERY to set my Sims 3 game back to normal. It then played, but without the mods, for all of one hour-the amount of time I got to play-before I tried to add the mods back. The mods are back-same as before-but now every time I go to launch ANY world it gives me an error that says The Sims has stopped working.

I just want to play a game, for gods sake. Does anyone know what is going on here?

• Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    @skettimon Hi there, are you still having the above problem?

@igazor - This Simmer here may need some of your expertise :smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    @skettimon Hi there, are you still having the above problem?

@igazor - This Simmer here may need some of your expertise :smile:
    It does sound like something went wrong with that installation or with an Origin update somewhere along the line. Unfortunately, those of us on Patch 1.69 require Origin to be working properly as we cannot startup our games without it and it can be more delicate than it should be. I would have suggested an uninstall and reinstall of Origin itself, not the games, if that hadn't already been tried.

Generally speaking, a System Restore is not going to help. It may make the game work again for a short while, but (and there are exceptions), System Restores usually put system files back to where they were and can break other programs that have moved on since the last restore point. It's really for fixing Windows and its components, not games.

I would now suggest a total uninstall of Origin and all TS3 components, a cleanup of the Registry using CCleaner (the free version is fine), a reinstall of Origin, TS3, check the base game first along the way to make sure it's working, and then the EP/SPs, and pull the used TS3 game folder out of Documents to force the game to spawn a new one on its next attempted launch, thus starting out fresh. Sounds drastic I know, but often there aren't any other ways to correct broken installs like that.
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    iheartbigeiheartbige Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a huge issue trying to log into thesims3.com while in game. I use the same credentials that I use for the website. I have already contacted EA and their solution did not work. Please help!!I want to use my in game perks and I can't :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top