Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they increase the ratio of alien abductions and pregnancy?

If not, then I seem to have gotten lucky. I have tried for months in the past to have this happen with no sucess. In a brand new game, I created a house of five male scientists and had an abduction and pregnancy the first sim week. Just had another abduction and pregnancy of another scientist. Anyway, I think having a whole household increased the odds, but I'm wondering if the game has been adjusted as well? Has anyone else noticed an increase in abductions and pregnancies? I did contact aliens on the satellite dish, and for the second time I contacted aliens on the career reward computer they get.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    It is great that you have been having an increase in abductions lately, after trying in the past without it occurring. Perhaps starting a new save game helped. Contacting aliens using the satellite and the career reward computer are good ways to help abductions occurring, as well as having sims in the scientist career would have helped the issue. If your sims had high logic skills it may have helped as well.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    In the past I had tried every trick in the book except a mod; the pink alien crystals, fully upgraded space ships, both career and the one you can buy. I had all the space collectible creatures, alive and dead, I had high logic, level 10 in the science career, my Sim knew every alien in town, and would "contact" the aliens on a daily basis. Maybe a new game and newly created Sims did the trick, but I have the feeling the game programmers may have slipped in one of those unannounced fixes in a patch or the new game pack. I'm happy about my Sim's alien offspring, but I like to know how things work. I am curious if anyone else has noticed a change?
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    I hope they have but I have just had it happened three times in the last sim week but I have been playing my game for a while and never have it happen before.... I had hardly any before now
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    In my mind if you "contact" aliens, you want to be abducted and any possible consequences, so it makes sense to have that option extra potent. It actually pleases everyone. People who don't want to be abducted don't "contact" aliens. If you do want to be abducted, then contact them.