Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would toddlers fit into Sims 4?

KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
edited December 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I don't believe toddlers will happen, but for the sake of this post making sense, I'll say they will. How on Earth could they actually fit into the game?

The reason I ask is this confession from simsconfessions on Tumblr:

tumblr_nzcq0h83LJ1r28r3co1_500.png

As much as I miss toddlers in TS4, I have to agree with this confessor. I can't imagine the game with toddlers. There's nothing in the game that makes it seem like toddlers would fit in well (duh).
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I find this a bit confusing. What about Sims 4 would prevent them from fitting in with the game? Sims in Sims 4 behave differently in different emotional states; so do real-life toddlers, and then some. Sims in Sims 4 interact with each other and the world around them; why would toddlers not do that too? What about the game would prevent a smaller-sized Sim from being in the game? Or doing things in it? Or being cute? Or having moods and needs and toys and stuff?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think toddlers would fit in perfectly. In human dynamics toddlers view the world as ME ME ME. So do the sims in sims 4.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I find this a bit confusing. What about Sims 4 would prevent them from fitting in with the game? Sims in Sims 4 behave differently in different emotional states; so do real-life toddlers, and then some. Sims in Sims 4 interact with each other and the world around them; why would toddlers not do that too? What about the game would prevent a smaller-sized Sim from being in the game? Or doing things in it? Or being cute? Or having moods and needs and toys and stuff?

Yeah, I don't understand this question at all. They'd fit in perfectly fine.

Seems like just more of that kind of bull people try to make themselves believe in order to blindly justify TS4's shortcomings.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    Because of babies I don't see toddlers being nothing more than objects. Base game has too many bugs and issues to even make introduction of a life stage possible. Gurus are being demanded so many party content and YA content there is no room for either life states or life stages while still being able to run on laptops. It will ruin people's specs too much and they will start complaining just like when by he Sims 3 came out with a bunch of packs. Why Maxis recommended people to run only two packs because most computers can't handle more than that. I can't wait to see Sims 4 follow in Sims 3 footsteps of performance complaints. It already has started as it is. I don't think pets will be without base game problems too. I predict culling will hit them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm honestly not even understanding the point of this post... how the heck will toddlers "not fit"!? The Sims 4 is supposed to be the 4th installment of a LIFE SIMULATOR franchise... the idea that toddlers apparently "won't fit" doesn't even make any sense.

Edit: Also, if you're actually going to take posts on Tumblr seriously, you're gonna have a terrible time. People on Tumblr are some of the most obnoxious, rude, and arrogant people on the internet.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    They'd fit in the same way clubs fit in. They'll probably be brought in the base game through an update with a few basic items, similar to basic groups, and then expanded in gameplay and with more items via a pack of some sort, (i.e. expanding groups to clubs via GT).
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    And I am also the complete opposite to what the op suggests. I can't imagine sims 4 without them. They will be as feisty, as in your face, and as "pay attention to me" as all the sims in sims 4 are.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Because of babies I don't see toddlers being nothing more than objects. Base game has too many bugs and issues to even make introduction of a life stage possible. Gurus are being demanded so many party content and YA content there is no room for either life states or life stages while still being able to run on laptops. It will ruin people's specs too much and they will start complaining just like when by the Sims 3 came out with a bunch of packs. Why Maxis recommended people to run only two packs because most computers can't handle more than that. I can't wait to see Sims 4 follow in Sims 3 footsteps of performance complaints. It already has started as it is.
    I'll join that club! My game has begun to lag a bit, despite it being on low settings. Even when I take the mods out, it periodically lags. It's a small amount, so it doesn't bother me, but with more packs, I know it's going to start building up.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    And I am also the complete opposite to what the op suggests. I can't imagine sims 4 without them. They will be as feisty, as in your face, and as "pay attention to me" as all the sims in sims 4 are.
    ??????

That really shouldn't be hard to imagine, considering Sims 4 currently is without them.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    ??????

That really shouldn't be hard to imagine, considering Sims 4 currently is without them.

They are coming. ;)

Go ahead. call me a 'w'itch again.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm not an expert in the area of the human life state BUT I've seen a lot of programs on TV and I do believe toddlers will fit in right between babies and children. Although, I am not ruling out toddlers somehow being just tacked on to the end of the current life states right after death as a ghost and then complaints (despite the fact that the stage is "working as it's supposed to") leading to a patch that gives the ghost toddler substance so that it appears "more solid" but is in fact still a ghost and out of sync with reality.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'll join that club! My game has begun to lag a bit, despite it being on low settings. Even when I take the mods out, it periodically lags. It's a small amount, so it doesn't bother me, but with more packs, I know it's going to start building up.
    Yeah it will. More packs, longer load times and more bugs. Kind of the nature of a Sims game. I can't wrap my head around the idea that the the Sims 4 not being any different. Why I laugh about the Sims 4 releasing more packs than previous games did. Only a matter of time before Simmers realize they will have to buy a new gaming desktop to run all the packs well. It is like they want the Sims 4 to run well, but they want packs too. It is impossible to do both. Either the Sims 4 remains with limited packs like the Sims Medieval or Simmers will have to accept that the Sims 4 won't run on low end laptops forever. Always good to plan ahead with computers for the Sims games in general. I just don't think most Simmers will, so why packs and life stages and world and lot sizes probably have to remain small. It would fry laptops having more life stages. Not possible to toddlers because of low end spec requirements which are lower than its 5 year old predecessor. Sims 3 could handle real babies and toddlers and pets like horses. The Sims 4 can't. Base game is too weak. Base game specs need to be beefed up and bug fixes need to be done if toddlers even have a tiny glimpse of a chance returning.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think that we will get toddlers. I'm not sure that adult sims will be able to pick them up, though. I think they'll be able to climb up on beds to sleep. I think they won't get traits until they become children, but will be able to work on the child skills -- motor, social, mental and creative with various toys. I also think they'll get about a 3-day age length, with children's age length reduced. But this is all guesswork on my part.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Toddlers would fit in perfectly fine and make the game enjoyable for me. I find it funny people think toddlers would be a game breaker, if toddlers a single feature makes your game unplayable you probable had issues long before them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Toddlers would fit in perfectly fine and make the game enjoyable for me. I find it funny people think toddlers would be a game breaker, if toddlers a single feature makes your game unplayable you probable had issues long before them.
    That's not what I meant by "fitting in". I mean this definition:

fit in
    phrasal verb of fit
    1. (of a person) be socially compatible with other members of a group.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That's not what I meant by "fitting in". I mean this definition:

fit in
    phrasal verb of fit
    1. (of a person) be socially compatible with other members of a group.
    If you expect toddlers to go out and party with the rest of the Sims no. They will fit into the family dynamic which is the reason many play the game and is seriously lacking now and needs to be expanded.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah it will. More packs, longer load times and more bugs. Kind of the nature of a Sims game. I can't wrap my head around the idea that the the Sims 4 not being any different. Why I laugh about the Sims 4 releasing more packs than previous games did. Only a matter of time before Simmers realize they will have to buy a new gaming desktop to run all the packs well. It is like they want the Sims 4 to run well, but they want packs too. It is impossible to do both. Either the Sims 4 remains with limited packs like the Sims Medieval or Simmers will have to accept that the Sims 4 won't run on low end laptops forever. Always good to plan ahead with computers for the Sims games in general. I just don't think most Simmers will, so why packs and life stages and world and lot sizes probably have to remain small. It would fry laptops having more life stages. Not possible to toddlers because of low end spec requirements which are lower than its 5 year old predecessor. Sims 3 could handle real babies and toddlers and pets like horses. The Sims 4 can't. Base game is too weak.

I think a lot of this is mitigated by loading single lots. S3 had to load everything at once, simulate the entire world at once, etc. So the more that got added, the more it loaded, and then that exponential issue with blowing up laptops or whatever comes in, lol. As had been mentioned before, upwards of 11 minute load times on lesser computers. I don't think it applies exactly the same for S4. That's not to say there aren't already issues in S4, but I think they're for other reasons.

If you're in Willow Creek, for example, at a home lot, S4 isn't also running the spa down the street, until you send your Sim there. And then it's not running the home lot anymore. Unlike in S3 where it would be. If anything would be affected all at once by multiple packs, it's probably in build mode with all the items? Maybe. But in terms of S4 having 20 lots or 200, I don't think that's gonna have a huge impact. There can only be so many Sims on any given lot as well, so if there are Toddlers, they won't count as Sims 9, 10 and 11 or something, adding extra, stressing the system beyond what it normally does. Like with children, the family still has to be within the 8 family limit.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't believe toddlers will happen, but for the sake of this post making sense, I'll say they will. How on Earth could they actually fit into the game?

As much as I miss toddlers in TS4, I have to agree with this confessor. I can't imagine the game with toddlers. There's nothing in the game that makes it seem like toddlers would fit in well (duh).

if the game isnt expandable you wont be seeing any new pack so limiting yourself to what exist is not actuly true also toddlers will fit very well with sims 4 just need a little recognetion from the game owner
    Post edited by husseinandali on
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Depends... From a game engine point of view I don't see how toddlers would fit, cause it just seems so so so limited.

As for gameplay, I can't imagine this game progressing without them in it. I still have some hope left and I have a baby that I reuse to age till I get toddlers back and a couple of families that I haven't played with , hoping a family expansion pack will be introduced.

I'm giving this game 6 months , if I don't see toddlers coming back I'll just stop purchasing games cause to be honest I'm just buying hoping toddlers will be back along with many other things.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Same here, I really cannot imagine the game with them, and I surprisingly don't miss them. I never played TS3 so I don't know how they were in that, but I didn't hate the ones in TS2. But after many years of playing TS2, I often didn't put much effort into them either. You didn't have to potty train, teach to talk or walk, in order for them to age up, so I often wouldn't do all three.

Not saying we shouldn't get them though, since I know the simmers who want them can probably see how they will fit. Like I really want horses and can imagine them fitting well, but others cannot. They can most likely be done, so I hope they come for those who really want. And with the aging options, those who don't like them can simply age them up.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member

Sadly, this line says all that needs to be said. :(
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Depends... From a game engine point of view I don't see how toddlers would fit, cause it just seems so so so limited.

As for gameplay, I can't imagine this game progressing without them in it. I still have some hope left and I have a baby that I reuse to age till I get toddlers back and a couple of families that I haven't played with , hoping a family expansion pack will be introduced.

I'm giving this game 6 months , if I don't see toddlers coming back I'll just stop purchasing games cause to be honest I'm just buying hoping toddlers will be back along with many other things.

The only limitations on the engine are the ones the devs put on it. Almost anything's possible with the engine, it's just a matter of how much time and money they're willing to put into expanding the engine to it can handle new bigger (or in toddlers case, smaller) things.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Playing a daycare lately I can really imagine toddlers being in this game.
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    This question is weird. Because they can fit in EASILY. Along with cars, we are all forgetting about cars. Cars could come in just as easy as toddlers.
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's bad enough we have babies as OBJECTS.. It's stupid!
    Post edited by JaysWrxld on