May 17 - Friday Highlight time! Check this week's out here!

How to make the sims look exactly like you?

«1
I've been trying to make my simself for a while now but it doesn't look anything like me :( anyone have any tips and tricks?

Comments

  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited December 2015
    I just started making sims but i think i can make sims look like people. It's similar to drawing folks in real life. I start with the shape of the face. Look for the shape of it. Some folks have heart shaped faces, some round, some square. Then look at the chin, just look at the shape of the chin and put that in. Then look at the nose, is it a ski nose? Does it have an arch? Is it narrow? Is there a bulb on it? and put that in. Then look at the mouth, look for the one that has your basic shape. Do the same for your eyes and eye brows. At this point your face is not going to look like you, your going to have to modify each feature and mold them till your face appears. The important thing is to get the main features in first and then you make them smaller, bigger, more curved, less curved, fuller etc. I hope this helps you. It's so much fun attempting to make real life sims.

    on yes, work from pictures and look at all angles of your face, including side profile.
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks! I've tried to do it that way for the most part, but maybe I just haven't done it long enough and it takes awhile like you said. I have a friend who I used to play sims with and she would always make my sim look like me alot faster because I was bad at it but now she's all the way over in Japan so I don't really have any help. Was going to post a thread asking someone to make me one based off a reference pic and upload it to the gallery but apparently I can't post links yet :P so it's kinda hard. I'll try to make it again and then maybe make the thread later. If anyone has any other advice it's welcome.
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    I can try and make you if you like. I am new to this but I was able to capture folks in sketch as a child and i think i have some ability to recreate people. So let me know if you want some help. Or just keep trying. It takes work. My FF7 took about 20 hours and that is just anime. I will tell you this dont overwork your sims. Find the features that define you best and use them.
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks! I tried to upload some links to my pics but I still can't post links apparently. Is there another way to post images here?
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2016
    I think you need to make so many posts before you a can post a picture on the forums. You can also make an account with imgur or photobucket and post me the url link here.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 145,854 Member
    Hello @487473million :) Welcome to the forums.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    @svlyn thanks I will be able to post the links to photobucket once I post more here. I'll comment on this thread again with the links when I'm done :) just make sure you check back. @rosemow thanks for telling me :)
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    > @svlyn said:
    > Waiting for your reply:)

    I have enough posts but I just need to get more points...idk how long it's gonna take. Thanks for your patience :smile: :p
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Some people seem to have an affinity for it, just like with drawing likeness. But on the whole, I think as with most things, it just takes a lot of practice to do it well.

    I'm not gonna be much help cause I struggle with likeness myself, but here is something from a resource I found when looking into it for drawing:
    There are a few aspects of the human face which will identify anyone.

    Shape of the head
    length of jawline
    Height of forehead (from brow to hairline)
    distance between eyes
    depth of eye sockets
    shape of cheekbones
    length and width of nose
    Length of chin (from lower lip to jaw)

    The more of these you get accurate, the more likely it is a portrait will bear a good resemblance to someone.

    Many of these aspects are used in facial recognition software.

    http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/16183/how-to-capture-likeness-in-a-portrait

    The problem is, some of these are hard to capture exactly with the limitations of CAS and I haven't totally figured out how people do it. I think some of it is a matter of tricking the eye. Hairstyle, for example, can do a lot more than you might realize. I mean, I've noticed with myself in RL that whether I have short or long hair, and whether my facial hair is shaven, makes a pretty big difference in terms of what I look like - the facial structure is still the same underneath, but I think the hair can trick your brain by (for example) making the forehead length look different or making the jawline and chin (in the case of lots of facial hair) look more pronounced.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Some people seem to have an affinity for it, just like with drawing likeness. But on the whole, I think as with most things, it just takes a lot of practice to do it well.

    I'm not gonna be much help cause I struggle with likeness myself, but here is something from a resource I found when looking into it for drawing:
    There are a few aspects of the human face which will identify anyone.

    Shape of the head
    length of jawline
    Height of forehead (from brow to hairline)
    distance between eyes
    depth of eye sockets
    shape of cheekbones
    length and width of nose
    Length of chin (from lower lip to jaw)

    The more of these you get accurate, the more likely it is a portrait will bear a good resemblance to someone.

    Many of these aspects are used in facial recognition software.

    http://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/16183/how-to-capture-likeness-in-a-portrait

    The problem is, some of these are hard to capture exactly with the limitations of CAS and I haven't totally figured out how people do it. I think some of it is a matter of tricking the eye. Hairstyle, for example, can do a lot more than you might realize. I mean, I've noticed with myself in RL that whether I have short or long hair, and whether my facial hair is shaven, makes a pretty big difference in terms of what I look like - the facial structure is still the same underneath, but I think the hair can trick your brain by (for example) making the forehead length look different or making the jawline and chin (in the case of lots of facial hair) look more pronounced.

    This is so true, Like the mouth at times can never get heigh enough to create and accurate jaw line for some people, which is why some of the famous folks that i done on the shares are just not THE PEOPLE. Other faces are simple to do.
  • themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    This may sound odd, but grab a mirror, and look at your face from varying angles, and add what you see. Or use a picture for reference. For me, although I'm no artist, it is much like drawing a portrait. Sometimes for certain hair styles or eyes, cc works a charm.

    Just take your time with it and do the best you can, you should be able to get a doppleganger in no time.
    giphy.gif

  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    svlyn wrote: »
    This is so true, Like the mouth at times can never get heigh enough to create and accurate jaw line for some people, which is why some of the famous folks that i done on the shares are just not THE PEOPLE. Other faces are simple to do.
    Exactly! It does seem like some faces are just easier to pull off with what's available. There's one famous person I'm determined to get right eventually if it kills me lol, but I keep getting railroaded by the technical limitations. I think I just have to keep at it until I find the right balance of "factual" facial details and alluding to them with the right tricks. After all, it doesn't have to be exact - it just has to capture the spirit of the face.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2016
    @svyln yes! I've finally reached enough points! :D http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p798/487473million/11094690_890413994358790_3371898023805478810_n_zpsodqysj8z.jpg (there's more photos on my profile, if you need anything more for it feel free to ask :) (also please tell me what you've tagged it under so I can find it on the gallery)

    Thank you all for your tips :) They've been helpful next time I make a sim :)
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    I will try my best to make you. How do you want to look, what expansions do you own?
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2016
    I made you as best as could with the pictures you sent. If you do a search for "for" it will come up under For you Miss Million. Also if you like it. I am just starting out making sims and i would really like it if you checked out my gallery, if there is anything you like there please fav it. If not that's okay too. My gallery is Account ID: svlyn2


    Also I will take down your simself when you have downloaded it.
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    svlyn wrote: »
    I made you as best as could with the pictures you sent. If you do a search for "for" it will come up under For you Miss Million. Also if you like it. I am just starting out making sims and i would really like it if you checked out my gallery, if there is anything you like there please fav it. If not that's okay too. My gallery is Account ID: svlyn2


    Also I will take down your simself when you have downloaded it.

    Ahh! It does look like me! I downloaded it and will check out your gallery!! I like the traits you gave me! :) :) (and thank you for your compliment x3 )
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,407 Member
    I am so glad your happy with it. Seems other people like it too.
  • nicholasvotolatonicholasvotolato Posts: 16 Member
    Would any turn this into a a sims 4 sims please and thank you
  • nicholasvotolatonicholasvotolato Posts: 16 Member
    I can't post links but if anyone can help me let me know
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,015 Member
    Maybe, look at the mirror and play around with features in CAS to find what you want. It takes time and practice.
    jtxbep.jpg
  • Wildsimmer4728Wildsimmer4728 Posts: 2 New Member


    I totally agree. It can be hard to recapture the face if you don't do it just right. I suggest takibg a front and side view of your face, and working from there.

  • Alkatraz91Alkatraz91 Posts: 5 New Member
    i need someone to make a sims from photo :(
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top