Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims saved to the gallery retain their skills?

KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
There's a couple I've been playing with I want to move to another save. I know I can do that by saving them to the gallery and replacing them in the other save, but if I do that, will they still have their skills? One has mastered painting while the other has mastered the guitar. I don't care if they lose their other skills, but those two are necessary for their careers, so I really don't want to do them over again.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
Post edited by KayeStar on

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Thanks
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yes they will.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    If you save them to My Library, they will keep their jobs as well.
    832XG3D.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    If you save them to My Library, they will keep their jobs as well.
    Really? Awesome! That's perfect.
  • MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    Will a household also keep everything in the family inventory? I have a legacy family that I'd like to move to the new neighbourhood but I'm not entirely sure how to get them, their stuff and lot moved without losing anything. Thanks.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    MHsimsFan wrote: »
    Will a household also keep everything in the family inventory? I have a legacy family that I'd like to move to the new neighbourhood but I'm not entirely sure how to get them, their stuff and lot moved without losing anything. Thanks.
    No I don't think so. I had a sim I moved into the gallery and she kept all her skills/traits but nothing in her inventory.

Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member

What I do when moving a household to a new save is take everything outta family & individuals' inventories and place it in the basement. Then I upload the lot and the household to my library, place it in the new save, and move in the family. They'll retain everything but outside relationships.

If you're moving between, say, Oasis Springs and Windenburg in the same save, there's no need to do the inventory routine. Everything goes with 'em, including relationships.

No.

What I do when moving a household to a new save is take everything outta family & individuals' inventories and place it in the basement. Then I upload the lot and the household to my library, place it in the new save, and move in the family. They'll retain everything but outside relationships.

If you're moving between, say, Oasis Springs and Windenburg in the same save, there's no need to do the inventory routine. Everything goes with 'em, including relationships.

This is one way to do it. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

Smart idea. :)
  • RavenJWolfeRavenJWolfe Posts: 6 New Member

GENIUS. I've been grooming neighborhoods with certain themes in the same world (i.e. Willow Creek all Harry Potter. Oasis Springs is Sunnydale, Newcrest is Bon Temps Louisianna, looking into making Granite Fallas like Panem, and now Forgotten Hollow with Underworld characters) but over time they build weird relationships and I may have them all start over in a new save when its COMPLETE.

I mean i even made harry potters parents, killed them, and now he cries at their grave... lol. Sadistic I know... But at least he's got Sirius and 12 Grimmauld place as it should be... And I've got a great hogwarts I'm gonna add the tombstones of the house ghosts to so they float around there. And I just decided today that the secret lot will be Azkaban where its inhabitants will be Voldy, Bellatrix, Greyback, Barty Jr and 4 Dementors (reapers). Assuming I can make that residential... I think I can but I forgot. If not they can live happily in forgotten Hollow. bc Voldy with DEF be a vampire with... wait for it... Mist form... omg I save the powers for vamps and thought perfect voldemort!!! Anyway... I LOVE this idea of saving a house with all their crap! genius. Like paintings I've made and collections etc... books I've written. Genius