Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beloved, Despised and Irresistible

As the "beloved" trait has been bugged since the start of the game (it only works for the last Sim in your save that got it) and it still isn't fixed (and no signs of that happening soon), maybe it's time to completely overhaul the system. Now maybe this is technically impossible or very difficult, but I have some suggestions.

The beloved trait as it is (when actually working) doesn't make sense at all, it makes all relationships static - including negative relationships. That is pretty ridiculous for a Sim that everyone loves. Because it is essentially a very useful trait, it shouldn't be an aspiration reward trait, but a buyable one (unless a cheat or option to turn off relationship decay is added).

My idea is to have not one but three buyable reward traits that can stop different types of relationship decay (that's why there are three):
  • Beloved - positive friendly relationships remain static, negative friendly relationship become neutral faster than without the trait.
  • Despised - negative friendly relationships remain static, has no effect on positive friendly relationships because even mean Sims should be allowed to have friends, therefore this trait should be cheaper.
  • Irresistible - positive romantic relationships remain static, negative romantic relationships become neutral faster.
I imagine both Beloved and Irresistible should be 4.000 (the latter maybe 3.500) satisfaction points and Despised something like 2.500 or 3.000.

A possible reward trait for the "Friend of the World" aspiration could be:
Friend of a Friend - make two of your friends instantly become friends with eachother (because, being a friend of you means the other must be awesome). Applied to friends of the Sim with this trait because after completing the aspiration, they should have lots of friends :) (save for relationship culling of course :/)
(any suggestion for a better reward trait are welcome :))
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

Comments

• JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I've never seen the beloved trait... only gregarious and the beguiling. Where is it??
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    You get it for completing the "Friend of the World" aspiration, but it's currently bugged, it will only work on the last Sim in the save who got this trait.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr