Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »
    I am looking for a couple of mods for the first time and I don't know enough modders to know where to start looking. I did find bienchen's mods yesterday and found a food one I was specifically looking for. But I'm hoping someone can point me to where I should look for the following two things:
    1- Is there any mod for setting custom lengths for the life stages other than MCCC? It's pretty much the only thing I would use MCCC for so if it exists as a standalone I'd prefer that.
    2- Are there any mods that prevent auto relationship culling and also allow me to manually cull unwanted relationships?

Also what are the best places to search for mods in general?

Well, MCCC does #2 on your request list as well as #1. You may use it for more things than you realize. It's full of extremely useful tweaks and shortcuts, so it's my number one recommendation. It's also so well-maintained and quickly updated that it's a good choice for managing your game after updates etc. It won't change anything in your game unless you go in and ask it to, and you could skip the companion MC Woohoo mod if you won't use those features.

I learn about a lot of new mods by following the threads luthiensrising maintains after each patch/update. Here's the current one: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995765/broken-updated-mods-cc-nov-30-2021-neighborhood-stories-patch/p1
    You can follow a bunch of her links at the top of the post to check out the most well-known and well-maintained modders. This would also ensure you're getting the current version of anything you try. Just know this is not a thread for questions and support, but it's a great place to lurk and poke around in the world of mods.

I tried MCCC last week and some of the story progression parts appeared to be set to on upon installation, so I didn't trust it. I'll do a little more research because I didn't get past the settings so I didn't realize you could use it to delete unwanted relationships (I don't want to turn off culling without another way to get rid of the random relationships my sims start while I'm playing other houses). I'm going to need a complete guide though because I absolutely do not want any story progression in my current save. I'd also still be interested to know if there are any other mods that provide these features though if anyone knows of any.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    @Daephene. I have MCC and I have no story progression. None of my sims get married or pregant without my permission. You can really set the mode as you wish. But it is a big and complex mod.
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would love a return of Sims 3 Style Ghost hunting with the Spectors (or even a version of living on a haunted lot with utilizing less of the Seance skill and more sciency/Ghostbuster style interactions with them, because they are hard to deal with).
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    I am looking for a couple of mods for the first time and I don't know enough modders to know where to start looking. I did find bienchen's mods yesterday and found a food one I was specifically looking for. But I'm hoping someone can point me to where I should look for the following two things:
    1- Is there any mod for setting custom lengths for the life stages other than MCCC? It's pretty much the only thing I would use MCCC for so if it exists as a standalone I'd prefer that.
    2- Are there any mods that prevent auto relationship culling and also allow me to manually cull unwanted relationships?

Also what are the best places to search for mods in general?

Well, MCCC does #2 on your request list as well as #1. You may use it for more things than you realize. It's full of extremely useful tweaks and shortcuts, so it's my number one recommendation. It's also so well-maintained and quickly updated that it's a good choice for managing your game after updates etc. It won't change anything in your game unless you go in and ask it to, and you could skip the companion MC Woohoo mod if you won't use those features.

I learn about a lot of new mods by following the threads luthiensrising maintains after each patch/update. Here's the current one: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995765/broken-updated-mods-cc-nov-30-2021-neighborhood-stories-patch/p1
    You can follow a bunch of her links at the top of the post to check out the most well-known and well-maintained modders. This would also ensure you're getting the current version of anything you try. Just know this is not a thread for questions and support, but it's a great place to lurk and poke around in the world of mods.

I tried MCCC last week and some of the story progression parts appeared to be set to on upon installation, so I didn't trust it. I'll do a little more research because I didn't get past the settings so I didn't realize you could use it to delete unwanted relationships (I don't want to turn off culling without another way to get rid of the random relationships my sims start while I'm playing other houses). I'm going to need a complete guide though because I absolutely do not want any story progression in my current save. I'd also still be interested to know if there are any other mods that provide these features though if anyone knows of any.

i had the same worries as you before but once i actually started using the mod i learned how incredibly versatile you can be with it and tweek it entirely to your preferences. now i cannot even imagine playing without it! XD
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thanks for the guidance y'all. I ended up downloading and installing some of the MCCC modules, and we'll see how I like it. I have successfully changed my age ranges and turned off relationship culling and figured out how to make my sims forget random townies. So far so good!
    edited December 2021
    figured out how to make my sims forget random townies.

one of my major reasons why i love this mod XD the fact you can disable relationship culling is also amazing. i never even knew Siobhan and Sergio were actually a couple ingame because the game always culls their relationship very quickly. and now when i put in some work matching sims they will now marry, get kids and no more creepy pears stealing all the nice ladies anymore because you can also exclude random generated townies from the matchmaker entirely and prevent the vermin from breeding.

• dawgminddawgmind Posts: 5 New Member
    I was excited to try Ravasheen's new camera mod today, hoping they had been able to unlock the camera features that came with Dream Home Decorator, however was sad to realise the new mod, while definitely a nice addition, still limits camera movement. Dream Home Decorator "Before" and "After" photos allow the Sims to take in game photos while completely freely moving around the lot, it's basically applying the player camera options to the Sim's camera. Does anyone know if there are modders out there who are working on trying to unlock this feature for all Sims cameras? Being a naive non-modder I assumed when I saw the feature finally available for the DHD photos, it would be fairly easy to apply the feature to all in game cameras. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Thanks for the guidance y'all. I ended up downloading and installing some of the MCCC modules, and we'll see how I like it. I have successfully changed my age ranges and turned off relationship culling and figured out how to make my sims forget random townies. So far so good!

Hi Daephene, nice to see you again! :)

I was wondering, how do you get your sims to forget those random townies they know when you rotate?

I had MCCC for a while but am always learning something new :)

@DanmanNefarius hope you don't mind the tag, I saw you knew about my above question too.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Lyrie wrote: »

I was wondering, how do you get your sims to forget those random townies they know when you rotate?

@DanmanNefarius hope you don't mind the tag, I saw you knew about my above question too.

While you're playing with the active Sim you want to clean up, click on another Sim either directly or in the relationships panel, click MCCC-->Relationships-->Forget Active Sim-->Forget Friendly and Romantic

Poof, relationship deleted!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    @GirafHuntr Oh man is is a game rotations changer! Thank you!!!
    @Lyrie Oh yeah, I totally turn off relationship culling and just delete a bunch of pointless ones about every other rotation. :)
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

While you're playing with the active Sim you want to clean up, click on another Sim either directly or in the relationships panel, click MCCC-->Relationships-->Forget Active Sim-->Forget Friendly and Romantic

Poof, relationship deleted!

I love deleting relationships. <3 Well, the ability to do that, I should say. :lol:

Alternatively, one can click on the sim in question and do MCCC->Relationships->Delete Relationship to select any or all sims (which that sim knows at all) to nuke a single relationship or multiple ones in one go. I find this option particularly handy during rotations, because I don't have to track down every single rando who somehow got into my played sims' relationship panels. Note that this one deletes all forms of relationship between that sim and the ones you select, so one should use caution in the event of possible stray familial relationships that may not be immediately apparent. Unless you do want to get rid of those as well, of course!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Can someone please fix the Finchwick fairs? Is it possible to makes the major annonce the winner of the fair sooner, and let you pick the pies from their stands so your sims can eat them during the fair, or just add more options to the competition stands like grab a pie serving, and maybe sabotage pie entry, ask for recipe, etc.??

@Lyrie no problem. you just click your sim, pick MC go to relationships and click remove relation and you should be able to pick all the sims you want to forget. not sure what the menus are called in english since i have the dutch version but it should be very easy once you figure it out
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    edited December 2021
    I am looking for nice CC gifts to put under the Christmas tree. I mean decorative boxes.
    Post edited by Ziafar on

@Lyrie no problem. you just click your sim, pick MC go to relationships and click remove relation and you should be able to pick all the sims you want to forget. not sure what the menus are called in english since i have the dutch version but it should be very easy once you figure it out

Thank you, this is a life saver lol, happy holidays!
    @Lyrie

you're welcome :) happy holidays to you as well

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but is there any mod for teen and young adult romance? I don’t know where to look.
    netney52 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but is there any mod for teen and young adult romance? I don’t know where to look.

You can allow interactions between teens and young adults via MCCC.
    edited January 2022
    anyone aware of a mod that gets rid of the "watch celebrity perform" mechanic entirely? it is just an extremely annoying headache and it often turns the entire lot into a herd of clapping seals all day long, especially in lounges where the performer is usually Thorne Bailey and often the DJ's in night clubs also become celebs causing this to ruin the entire nightclub since it is boring to dance alone while everyone else just gets stuck in clapping for some celeb >.<. it also often causes sims to get stuck in it even if the celeb is long gone. i just don't enjoy this stupid mechanic at all and want to get rid of it entirely.
  • GemTartGemTart Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there a mod that randomly assigns family relationship bits to townies when they age up to a young adult? By default they're assigned neutral relationship bits such as "passive parent", "childhood buds", etc.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Could somebody animate the breastfeeding toddlers mod?
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    After DU came out I was pretty sure someone would do this, but I've never managed to find a mod like this. Is it at all possible to free presentation board from students and unlock possibility to compile and give presentation to everyone? It would be so cool for playable offices and schools!
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I'm looking for the mod that toggles no fading for columns in live mode. I found one for the trees, but fading colums - it's so annoying!
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • J_Doe_77J_Doe_77 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi,
    That one could be an odd request...
    I dream of a "rescue swimmer" career - not "lifeguard", "rescue swimmer"; think Kevin Costner in "the Guardian" rather than the Rock in "Baywatch". I think it should draw from the Lifeguard, Military, and maybe Doctor careers. I tried looking up DIY tools, but my programming skills are limited to "enter your choice in box A"...
    I understand this request could be a bit specific, since many countries only draw from a body of volunteers (i.e., the Lifeguard career) for their maritime SAR operations. Still, "you have to go out, but you don't have to come back" and "so that others may live", that's the textbook definition of a hero - not a bully who takes lives for breakfast. And those may be official mottos in the USCG, it's the spirit of many other sea rescue groups around the world.
    I mean, now more than ever we need people who take the time to rescue a child's cat from a tree without feeling "less". So, I dearly wish I could have that in my game.