The Modern Menswear Kit is available now! Picked it up? Head on over to the Screenshot thread to show off your new creations here
December 3rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,382 Member
    helen912 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked more often; but I have no time to run through all these pages: Is there a way to save a calendar, and re-use it?

    There is an easy way to search a huge thread like this. Next to the page numbers, there is a tiny magnifying glass If you click on that you can type in your keywords and it will search the thread for matches.
  • Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm not 100% sure whether this belongs here (since it is kind of a CAS thing?) but does anyone know of a mod for pointy/elf-like ears that are inheritable? The ones I use are only a CAS item and can't be used on kids, and I'd love to have some elven families!

    This might be what you're looking for: https://modthesims.info/d/588257/pointy-ears-unlocked-all-ages.html
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 984 Member
    I'm looking for a 1950's Formica style dining and kitchen mod or mods (separate mods is okay too). I found one that just has tables and chairs, which is fine, but I'm also looking for a kitchen set in the same style (counters, stove, sink, fridge, floors).

    The one I found is a TS3 to TS4 conversion from 2016 but I don't know if it's updated anymore.

    Is there a mod like this available? Could someone make one?
    Thank you.
    Celebrating 10 years on Thesims.com. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,382 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 1950's Formica style dining and kitchen mod or mods (separate mods is okay too). I found one that just has tables and chairs, which is fine, but I'm also looking for a kitchen set in the same style (counters, stove, sink, fridge, floors).

    The one I found is a TS3 to TS4 conversion from 2016 but I don't know if it's updated anymore.

    Is there a mod like this available? Could someone make one?
    Thank you.

    Here is a kitchen by Kardofe:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-kitchen/title/retro-reboot-kardofe-mid-century-kitchen-1st-part/id/1533062/

    Table, chairs, and a highchair:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/chrome-co-1950-48137055

    Daeron also had a Midcentury kitchen. The first link is a picture, the second is the SFS download. You may need to run the Sims 4 Studio Batch fix "Update CC counters for toddlers"
    https://sims4downloads.net/sims-4-designs-mid-century-modern-kitchen-marvels/
    https://simfileshare.net/download/518889/
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 984 Member
    Thank you, @Bananas_45. I will look at all of these closer.

    I've never used Sims 4 Studio so I don't know where to find that or anything.
    Celebrating 10 years on Thesims.com. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,382 Member
    edited August 30
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    Thank you, @Bananas_45. I will look at all of these closer.

    I've never used Sims 4 Studio so I don't know where to find that or anything.

    It's pretty easy to use. Once you have made a free account you can download the Sims 4 Studio version that fits your computer (PC or Mac). Once it is installed choose "Content Management" from the top of the main screen. then choose "Batch Fixes", "Objects", "Update CC counters for toddlers" and run. https://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio

    Note: If you have any default replacement files in your Mods folder you should copy them to your desktop prior to running any batch fix. You can put them back once you are done.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 984 Member
    How would I know if I have default replacement files? What do I have to look for? I'm new at this kind of stuff.
    I can't even figure out why I keep getting a BE that says career_base every single time I enter the game again when I enter a household.
    Celebrating 10 years on Thesims.com. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Kenny_vanCullenKenny_vanCullen Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 30
    S0H6QU9.png
    Is there a mod to make steep terrain paintable? It really bothers me that I can't paint over that ugly mud/stone colour :<
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,382 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    How would I know if I have default replacement files? What do I have to look for? I'm new at this kind of stuff.
    I can't even figure out why I keep getting a BE that says career_base every single time I enter the game again when I enter a household.

    Default replacements are files that replace game content. For example cc eyes that replace the eyes that came in the game. If you don't know what default replacements are, I am pretty sure you don't have any.
  • AC_44AC_44 Posts: 8 New Member
    Does anyone know of an updated mod that re-enables drowning for child sims?

    I haven't been able to find any documentation, but it seems that it was patched out of the game at some point...
    (I'm not looking to drown my sim kids all the time, it's just nice to have that touch of realism and actually have a reason to keep an eye on them 😜)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 984 Member
    @AC_44 ilkavelle's realistic swimming causes sims to drown if they don't have good swimming skill. I unintentionally killed off a family of 5 because I forgot they had to have the swimming skill to survive. The skill maxes at level 5. I now make sure they have skills.
    Here's the link:
    https://ilkavelle.wixsite.com/simsquest/post/realistic-swimming

    Same mod. Different link:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/45357600
    Celebrating 10 years on Thesims.com. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • AC_44AC_44 Posts: 8 New Member
    @simgirl542 Ooh, thank you! That's a really cool addition in itself, you'd [i] really[/i] have to keep an eye on all your sims! I'm definitely gonna try that out, especially if it adds that challenge to all ages 😁
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 984 Member
    @AC_44, toddlers still can't go swimming, but it does apply to children and older.
    Celebrating 10 years on Thesims.com. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 268 Member
    I am looking for a mod that will make my Sims take off their cold clothes inside in winter. There is a mod by Bienchen but it does not seem to work anymore. There was also a mod from Scarlett that LittleMSSam had updated on MTS but I cannot find it anymore and on her site it is not in the list of the Scarlett mods that she has adopted.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,382 Member
    edited September 6
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I am looking for a mod that will make my Sims take off their cold clothes inside in winter. There is a mod by Bienchen but it does not seem to work anymore. There was also a mod from Scarlett that LittleMSSam had updated on MTS but I cannot find it anymore and on her site it is not in the list of the Scarlett mods that she has adopted.

    You can contact Bienchen here . She just updated several mods and I see that the one you mentioned is not among them. She may not be aware there is a problem.

    Please make sure that you have tried the Mod by itself and that it is truly broken, not conflicting with another Mod.
  • cecesims41cecesims41 Posts: 20 Member
    Does anyone know of (working) mods that introduce politics or religion into the game? I know this might not be a super popular idea, but I think it would be fun to have some more realism in the social areas of the sims.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited September 13
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I am looking for a mod that will make my Sims take off their cold clothes inside in winter. There is a mod by Bienchen but it does not seem to work anymore. There was also a mod from Scarlett that LittleMSSam had updated on MTS but I cannot find it anymore and on her site it is not in the list of the Scarlett mods that she has adopted.

    You can contact Bienchen here . She just updated several mods and I see that the one you mentioned is not among them. She may not be aware there is a problem.

    Please make sure that you have tried the Mod by itself and that it is truly broken, not conflicting with another Mod.

    I've actually read this but the problem is that the mod does still work in my game. I had few people reporting issues with it but it always turned out they were using a mod that was clashing with mine like noclothesspin or LittleMsSams automatic thermostat. I have been unable to reproduce any issues with the mod to date. That beeing said, the mod will actually get an update in short (it's actually already overdue) to ensure compability with LittleMsSam's venue mods.

    @Ziafar: LittleMsSams mod can be found here: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
    With her mod, Sims will actually float in midair for a second when they are sitting when you load a lot. This is something I have disabled from the beginning because I could not get used to it even for the sake of Sims that are not standing changing their clothes as well. If this should be the kind of problem you encounter, you should go for LittleMsSam's mod.

    Thank you, EA, for patching toddlers in.

    My TS4 mods

    Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 268 Member
    Thanks a lot @83bienchen
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,014 Member
    cecesims41 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of (working) mods that introduce politics or religion into the game? I know this might not be a super popular idea, but I think it would be fun to have some more realism in the social areas of the sims.

    I use a mod by Lumpinou called "Rambunctious Religions". I have enjoyed it so far. The religions are made up sim religions, not anything reality based. You can find a description on his website. https://lumpinoumods.com/rambunctious-religions/ The download link is on his patreon, but the mod is free.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 297 Member
    edited September 14
    Good day,
    Would anyone happen to know of a mod that fixes the routing failure thrown by vampires' Command power (specifically the Sit command)? It rarely seems to work, even in open spaces.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,235 Member
    Hi, does anyone know of a mod that stops Sims autonomously going outside to do things like swim, relax on lounger, play on monkey bars, etc. when it's raining, thundering or snowing? They're driving me nuts :s
  • cecesims41cecesims41 Posts: 20 Member
    > @Monet11 said:
    > I use a mod by Lumpinou called "Rambunctious Religions". I have enjoyed it so far. The religions are made up sim religions, not anything reality based. You can find a description on his website. https://lumpinoumods.com/rambunctious-religions/ The download link is on his patreon, but the mod is free.

    Thank you! I'll give this a try.
  • zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member
    I am looking for a mod to make the food in our cooking list available at the fridge. I have custom foods mod on MTS, but I think it just makes CC food show up , not the food that's included in the game also. The main menu shows only base game foods, not all of it? thank you
  • RayeGunnRayeGunn Posts: 3 New Member
    I am looking for a mod to reduce the price of selling (not buying) things like vegetables, and, for Cottage Living, eggs, llama wool etc. Ideally I'd like to see these prices cut in half or more.

    The price you can sell some of these things is, frankly, ridiculous, i have sims who are millionaires just from harvesting their garden daily. And with cooking, Nifty Knittng or the cross-stitch options, it is usually in your best interest to not use fresh ingredients, because you can sell them for many times the cost of buying them. Hell, i can go to market stall in Cottage Living, buy some wool and turn around and sell it from my inventory for a profit. I'm just tired of playing the game on easy mode, I've already raised rent with MCCC, and I want it to be harder to make money too, particularly from things that are raw material kinds of things.
  • noodleelfznoodleelfz Posts: 7 New Member
    > @heyyquinn said:
    > > Invisible trait: Butlers do have a hidden trait and hidden buff that identifies them as butlers. I don't know how you would add those to regular sims though, or if it would actually make them act like butlers.

    from a post in 2018

    I was wondering does anyone know if there is some sort of mod now that can turn a regular (player) sim into a butler, or at least give them the butler traits/animations? I would love to make my own sim have these butler traits, or would love an add on mod that can make a sim choose these traits somehow.

    If there isn't one, can someone knowledgeable about modding make one?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top